• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guiz. Guiz. GUIZ

1395201_532691360149469_1689693505_n.jpg

So old.

anaron

he wasn't comparing him to RDJ, he was saying that Amell, like Downey, has brought recognition and mainstream appeal to a character that had none before.

...that's the comparison right there. Robert has almost everything to do with Iron Man's modern relevance, popularity and mainstream appeal.

Green Arrow's success through Arrow does not lean or depend on Amell the same way it does for RDJ other than on how hot he is. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Felicity owns this show more than Oliver ever has, tbh.

Mario007

he wasn't comparing him to RDJ, he was saying that Amell, like Downey, has brought recognition and mainstream appeal to a character that had none before.
Yeah this is what I meant.
Amell is great as Arrow but RDJ is just on another level.
RDJ made a B/C list superhero into the mainstream because of his performance (RDJ's performance as Iron Man is one of the main reasons why I like the trilogy).
I don't see Amell doing that.
Amell is in pretty much 95% of the scenes in Arrow. He carries the show. Similarly he was given a B or C list superhero and made him pretty damn recognisable in a space of a year. I mean of course stuff like the writing and the action on the show helped but you could say the same about Ironman. Amell's Arrow is very much likeable and recognisable, just like RDJ's Ironman is.

Oregano

To be honest I think the physical aspects of the role are sometimes overlooked. Not just talking about the fact that he does quite a few of his own stunts. The way he moves when he's in Vigilante mode are totally different to how he moves in civilian mode. Amell really sells the badass nature of the Green Arrow.

Also just saw the League of Assassin's episode; it was pretty damn good. One thing I picked up on is that they clearly knew the circumstances of the Ollie and Merlyn fight.

Tabby

All caught up. 1 questions: Will Olly ever start growing his badass hobo beard on the Island?

It's Arrow's version of Smallville's Superman suit.
The show will end with him walking towards the camera with a comic Oliver Queen look with him saying that his name is "Green Arrow".

On another note.
Does anyone else think that this season will end with Laurel will find out that Arrow is Ollie?

Emwitus

...that's the comparison right there. Robert has almost everything to do with Iron Man's modern relevance, popularity and mainstream appeal.

Green Arrow's success through Arrow does not lean or depend on Amell the same way it does for RDJ other than on how hot he is. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Felicity owns this show more than Oliver ever has, tbh.
Rdj portrayal of stark made the whole marvel universe movie project work. Every follow up is based off of iron man 1.

Rdj portrayal of stark made the whole marvel universe movie project work. Every follow up is based off of iron man 1.

And every spin-off/side project/DC show we get from here on in will likely be tied with Arrow. Arrow's success is what's propelling The Flash, Hourman, and The Avenger (tangentially). I personally think Amell is a big part of that.

im only half way through season 1 and its awesome my love for green arrow has skyrocketed

cant wait to catch up

how are the rating for this show , they better be good

Wiktor

I was referring just to the CW, yeah.

I wonder though. Even with introduction of powers they are trying to give them scientific explanation. So I wonder where does that leave magic? Constantine will be on NBC, but there are other characters that would make a great tv show, but ones that need magic. Like Zatana. Heck..CW was developing Deadman, but that stuck in limbo.

So I wonder..will they introduce magic to the universe, split it into separate magic-full alternate universe or not bother with these kinds of characters at all.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Arrow was always awesome. Silly IGN.

...noooo.... It was pretty bad for the first bit, with interesting moments sprinkled in-between Thea being completely fucking insufferable, Laurel sucking the life out of everything, and Ollie's poor narration. It wasn't until Diggle got shot that things started getting kinda interesting, and it wasn't until The Odyssey that things really started turning around.

I really like the show now, but it still hasn't even come close to the awesomeness that was Greg Weisman's DC short...

Season 1 definitely had its rough patches. Ignoring those issues takes away from the string of improvements in S2.

The major problems spots of S1 (thea, roy, laurel), are all making strides to be less annoying characters in S2. Laurel even seems to have some character development planned (though how well that goes remains to be seen).

Mario007

...noooo.... It was pretty bad for the first bit, with interesting moments sprinkled in-between Thea being completely fucking insufferable, Laurel sucking the life out of everything, and Ollie's poor narration. It wasn't until Diggle got shot that things started getting kinda interesting, and it wasn't until The Odyssey that things really started turning around.

I really like the show now, but it still hasn't even come close to the awesomeness that was Greg Weisman's DC short...

Diggle got shot in like episode 3 of Season 1. And season 1 pilot was awesome.

NO, GOD DAMN IT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I had to stop watching The Vampire Diaries after they kept killing him off, giving me hope that this garbage fucking actor and character was finally off the show, then resurrecting him. I cannot stand this mumbling motherfucker.

At least he is better than Bonnie on the show. But that isn't saying much.

Since we have some CW fans in here. Which show is better Vampire Diaries or Supernatural?

Supernatural was good in season 1. Great in seasons 2-3. God tier in 4-5. Seasons 6 and 7 were a BIG step back (with a few gem episodes) because of the new showrunner. They brought in new blood for season 8 and it has been a big improvement. The current season, nine, is off to a good start but not great.

Vampire Diaries was okay for half of season 1, then got great. It was crazy awesome in seasons 2-3. Four wasn't bad, but was a step back. Current season, five, is annoying so far. I am trying to make myself watch it.

The spin off from Vampire Diaries though, The Originals, has been crazy awesome since episode 2.

Joni

Who is this dude?
He did Piranha 3-D and is starring on The Vampire Diaries. He is not bad, but his material is weak. And I say that loving The Vampire Diaries.

Looked up on Google and all I get is a different actor.
That Steve McQueen is his grandfather so he comes from quite the line of acting talent.

And he'd be a good choice, plus they might manage to get closer to killing Bonnie like this. He also wouldn't look that out of place muscle wise.

jyler-premiere-image.png

Jeremy-Gilbert_510x317.jpg

Shaanyboi

Banned
Diggle got shot in like episode 3 of Season 1. And season 1 pilot was awesome.

nooo.... no it wasn't. I mean it was technically impressive for a TV pilot but I was very much considering not bothering at all if not for the fact that I had acouple months off til my next contract started and had a lot of spare time. The show has done generally well with reining in its corniness, but fuck me if the first episode was nothing but that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom