• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The Flash will be the first super powered character.

Are you implying that these abs are not a superpower?

arrow-stephen-amell-pilot_article_story_main.jpg

Or this unimaginable cuteness:

tumblr_mush9uOdKB1rt5ctno1_250.gif

Looks like my CW turning into the DC Comics network wasn't too far off the other day. Another DC Comics property in the works on the network now too.

I've never heard of this, but it's intriguing at least.

I love this comic, only read the first few graphic novels but it was awesome. Completely forgot I needed to finish that. I wonder how much they'll keep the same and how much they'll change?

Wiktor

He was talking about Katie Cassidy if I read it correctly

'Why is Ollie dating Laurel? '
'Because of Laurel's sister (Katie Cassidy's) face'

Oh..makes sense :) I wonder what's going on with Cassidy though. In S1 she looked good* for the first half, the poofed up, now she's thin and all stretched out.

*- she never again looked as good in anything as she did in Supernatural though

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just realized that we've got Black Canary, Huntress and a clock tower. Time to cripple Felicity and set the Birds of Prey spin-off.

ReiGun

I just realized that we've got Black Canary, Huntress and a clock tower. Time to cripple Felicity and set the Birds of Prey spin-off.
More like time to make Barbara Gordon a character and then do a Birds of Prey spin off.

(In general, I actually don't want any bat family members on the show, but I would accept this cause I love the Birds.)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Babs is like, my favourite DC gurl right along PG, but I'm just not sure how she could fit in. I feel like there may be way too many heroes running amok for a single city, specially now that Flash is coming to town. Also, Batgirl without Batman seems... forced.

Edit: But a Batwoman show in the vein of the latest comics would be the bees knees.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Well, the second season has been better than the first, the acting and script is still awkward at times, but overall an enjoyable show. Mostly looking forward to seeing Flash though. :)

Mario007

Man considering how many characters DC wants to introduce in MoS2 I'd really want to see Stephen Amell playing Green Arrow in that movie. As opposed to many in this thread I think he pulls off the 3 or 4 different personalities that he has to play really well. Plus I really dig the hell out of this version of Green Arrow and I didn't even know much about the character priot to watching the pilot of Arrow on a plane cause i was bored.

pulga

Banned
Man considering how many characters DC wants to introduce in MoS2 I'd really want to see Stephen Amell playing Green Arrow in that movie. As opposed to many in this thread I think he pulls off the 3 or 4 different personalities that he has to play really well. Plus I really dig the hell out of this version of Green Arrow and I didn't even know much about the character priot to watching the pilot of Arrow on a plane cause i was bored.

Definitely, Amell or nothing. He's a fantastic young Ollie. Wouldn't serve DC to keep confusing the market by having all these different universes either.

Mario007

Definitely, Amell or nothing. He's a fantastic young Ollie. Wouldn't serve DC to keep confusing the market by having all these different universes either.
Exactly. He's perfect for the role really. He pretty much did to Green Arrow what RDJ did to Ironman, took a B or C class comic hero and made him relevant. The surge of DC TV deals and in particular DC CW deals only strengthens that notion. Though I'm afraid DC will fuck it up because the casting for Flash, which has shared universe with Arrow, doesn't seem like a guy who could pull off Flash on a big screen. Then again who knows, I didn't know who Stephen Amell was until a few months ago either.

Joni

I'd think I'd rather have a Bruce Wayne cameo (not Batman though) in Arrow than an Amell appearance on Superman vs. Batman. Do a small cameo to link the universes together and confirm Amell will be in the Justice League movie, but keep him out of Superman vs. Batman because you need to introduce so many characters there. If they really want to be brave, they get Ben Affleck on Arrow before they have him on the 2015 movie. Show us Affleck can play Wayne before we see him in the movie.

Mario007

I'd think I'd rather have a Bruce Wayne cameo (not Batman though) in Arrow than an Amell appearance on Superman vs. Batman. Do a small cameo to link the universes together and confirm Amell will be in the Justice League movie, but keep him out of Superman vs. Batman because you need to introduce so many characters there. If they really want to be brave, they get Ben Affleck on Arrow before they have him on the 2015 movie. Show us Affleck can play Wayne before we see him in the movie.
Yeah obviously that would be ideal. It just seem DC is going to town with the new character introduction in MoS2, in which case Amell's Arrow should be the easiest to introduce since he's been established and by the time the movie comes out he's had a full on origin and is in superhero mode.

Having Affleck make a cameo next season could be great, even having a mutliple episode Nightwing Arc can be all kinds of awesome. Maybe even similar to Flash when they spin it off into its own show. I'm kinda hopeful Warner and DC will do some solid world building here since Raas Al Ghul is now being namedropped on Arrow whereas you could see last season that they wanted to mention him but couldn't.

ReiGun

The problem with Green Arrow is what do you do to differentiate him from Batman and give him something to do in the Justice League and World's Finest movies. Amell doing a cameo would be cool, but I don't know about him being on the cast in a big way.

Flash might throw a wrench in connecting the shows to the movies since I don't think WB would want the guy from the show to be in the film. I guess we'll have to see how people respond to the guy when he shows up.

Joni

The problem with Green Arrow is what do you do to differentiate him from Batman and give him something to do in the Justice League and World's Finest movies.
Arrow is a young melee fighter; Batman is an old cynical detective relying on technology to keep up. That is how you differentiate them.

GA and Batman's roles within the Justice League alone should be enough to differentiate the two. The two characters are really only similar when you take into account their individual stories. In a JL movie though, they really won't have the time or need to do that. Batman is more of a leader/tactician while GA would be more of a front lines/alternate objective guy.

anaron

Exactly. He's perfect for the role really. He pretty much did to Green Arrow what RDJ did to Ironman, took a B or C class comic hero and made him relevant.

Oh come on. Amell barely brings anything to the role beyond his physicality. Green Arrow's relevance through this show depends on the showrunners and him being an established character on Smallville and of course, the comics.

wildfire

Banned
GA and Batman's roles within the Justice League alone should be enough to differentiate the two. The two characters are really only similar when you take into account their individual stories. In a JL movie though, they really won't have the time or need to do that. Batman is more of a leader/tactician while GA would be more of a front lines/alternate objective guy.

Anyone who follows DC's recent live action content would be confused. The Hood has been far more of a leader and tactician than Nolanverse Batman has ever been.

He hasn't even come across as a better CEO than party boy I don't need this company Ollie.

Also they are making an entirely new Batman. We could be getting the Brave and the Bold version for all we know :p

It would be cool to have Green Arrow in the upcoming movie but I like Amell enough at this point that I don't want him to be type casted as just Ollie. It would be cool to see how dedicates himself in other projects.

Anyone who follows DC's recent live action content would be confused. The Hood has been far more of a leader and tactician than Nolanverse Batman has ever been.

He hasn't even come across as a better CEO than party boy I don't need this company Ollie.

Also they are making an entirely new Batman. We could be getting the Brave and the Bold version for all we know :p

It would be cool to have Green Arrow in the upcoming movie but I like Amell enough at this point that I don't want him to be type casted as just Ollie. It would be cool to see how dedicates himself in other projects.

Nothing about GA in Arrow screams tactician at all to me. His character has primarily jumped in head first and figured things out afterwards. His greatest strength outside of his fighting prowess has been getting Diggs and Felicity on his side. Similarly Nolanverse Batman did well to rely on Alfred and Lucious Fox. However, Nolanverse Batman showed much stronger tactical skill in every movie. His physicality rarely comes into play against the big bad in his movies. What Nolanverse Batman lacks are the detective skills and technical ingenuity (which he relies on Fox for).

You are right though in that we don't know which Batman is going to show up for JL but in the details we do know.. the Superman/Batman movie which is supposed to be the same universe as the future JL movie is, at this moment, slated to be an older and angrier Batman.. so I don't think it's too much to assume he's not going to approach conflicts from a "run in and bust heads" perspective.

Oregano

If Affleck refers to his fists as the hammers of justice he will automatically be the best Batman.

I see all these posts with Flash references... Where, when and how was this hinted? Maybe because I'm not completely familiar with the DC universe is the reason I don't know...

I see all these posts with Flash references... Where, when and how was this hinted? Maybe because I'm not completely familiar with the DC universe is the reason I don't know...

I believe it was hinted at in the first episode with the Particle Reactor on the news.
We also know that he is coming as it's been stated as fact and there is a spin-off coming and the back-door pilot will be during this season of Arrow. The Flash will have his origin on Arrow and then move to his own show.

In the first episode, there's a reference to a "particle accelerator" currently in construction in Central City. CC is Flash's home city.

I believe it was hinted at in the first episode with the Particle Reactor on the news.
We also know that he is coming as it's been stated as fact and there is a spin-off coming and the back-door pilot will be during this season of Arrow. The Flash will have his origin on Arrow and then move to his own show.

In the first episode, there's a reference to a "particle accelerator" currently in construction in Central City. CC is Flash's home city.

Ah... I remember the particle accelerator mentioned but never linked it to flash as I didn't know which City he was from. Plus them kicking him out into his own show will mean they can continue the whole 'no superpowers' theme I guess

Shaanyboi

Banned
So I just saw Wednesday's episode. I thought it was great. One of the best ones, actually. And a great performance for Sarah (can't remember the actress' name).

I think I already see where we're going with Ivo though:

He's looking for the "mutated" skeletons on the island to help make a formula to "save the human race". This is the same superpower formula that Brother Blood is injecting his subjects with in modern Starling City

And I've managed to bullshit a theory they could keep Sarah around and not try and turn Laurel into fucking Black Canary....

Laurel will get kidnapped by the League of Assassins, Sarah will go try to save her. Maybe there's a fire in some werehouse or something, but Laurel dies in the blaze, the League can't identity the body, and Sarah can take Laurel's identity knowing the League wouldn't be looking for her anymore if they think it was her that had died instead.

Subitai

Laurel will get kidnapped by the League of Assassins, Sarah will go try to save her. Maybe there's a fire in some werehouse or something, but Laurel dies in the blaze, the League can't identity the body, and Sarah can take Laurel's identity knowing the League wouldn't be looking for her anymore if they think it was her that had died instead.
I would so buy this.

Oh come on. Amell barely brings anything to the role beyond his physicality. Green Arrow's relevance through this show depends on the showrunners and him being an established character on Smallville and of course, the comics.

nonsense. Amell has improved every single episode he's in. the character on Smallville is completely different.

nonsense. Amell has improved every single episode he's in.

Agreed. The first couple of episodes I thought he was shaky and only there for the beefcake factor, but he continues to impress me as the series goes on. He keeps getting better, and was especially good in the season 1 finale. Particularly the final scene with Tommy.

Is he going to win an Emmy? Of course not. But he is doing a great fucking job on the show.

anaron

nonsense. Amell has improved every single episode he's in. the character on Smallville is completely different.
My point is, don't even bother trying to compare him to Robert Downey Jr and the pull he brings to Tony Stark and the MCU. His performance and charisma is so strong that the comic character is practically framed after it now.

My point is, don't even bother trying to compare him to Robert Downey Jr and the pull he brings to Tony Stark and the MCU. His performance and charisma is so strong that the comic character is practically framed after it now.

he wasn't comparing him to RDJ, he was saying that Amell, like Downey, has brought recognition and mainstream appeal to a character that had none before.

Tabby

Amell is great as Arrow but RDJ is just on another level.
RDJ made a B/C list superhero into the mainstream because of his performance (RDJ's performance as Iron Man is one of the main reasons why I like the trilogy).
I don't see Amell doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom