• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Felicity on that Taylor Swift shit.

"She can't love you like I could. She just wants your body. I love who you are inside, baby."

Clevinger

-love how shameless some of these Felicity dress scenes are; the one in the beginning where it zooms in on her ass had no other point
-there goes my theory of Isabel being Robert Queen's bastard... or maybe there's a crazy ass incest revelation coming???
-Naeva-lite was good in this, from her little screen time. Much better than in Spartacus
-Caity Lotz is barely taller than a sitting Amell
-loved the focus effect on Deadshot's eye
-What's HIVE? Lemme Bing it
-Amell's acting has improved a ton; I barely notice an Amell Pause anymore
-the action editing... ugh. Takes away so much from it. It's the main flaw of the show at this point, imo
-Why was Oliver having to justify boning Isabel to Felicity?

Deadshot is a horrible actor.

gotta say I loved him here

like Seth Gabel's Count, it's deliciously campy

I can't believe we didn't get a prison shower scene with David Ramsey. Your slipping CW. At least we got a nice shirtless scene with him at the end.

Anyway, good episode. I love all the different plot threads going on.

This season has been amazing so far. I love how they're slowly expanding the mythology of the show. It's also nice to have episodes like this one where we learn more about Oliver's teammates.

Good, but not great episode.

As for Felicity's thing at the end, it could be taken two ways. Either she is pining for Ollie, or is made he is not with Laurel.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
How dare Ollie disrespect our Felicity. Great episode with the Diggle. I can't believe Ollie hooked up with Isabel....ewwwww

Wiktor

Damn good ep. Sarah being a traitor was pretty surprising, in a very good way.

And of course Olie would tap that. He only seems to be sleeping with women who can seriously screw his life :D

Poor Felicity though :( Especially since his whole "can't be with somebody because I would put them in danger" excuse doesn't work, since she's already in danger by working with him.

Also...dat H.I.V.E. Arrow firing on all cilinders.

And Bing..lol..don't mind though, as I suspect all that Microsoft money has large part in why the show looks bigger budgeted than in S1.

Anyone knows what Olie said to that russian guy that scared him shitless?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If there was ever a reminder that this is a CW show, that Felicity Oliver thing was it.Totally unnecessary and pointless especially since she didn't act like this when he was all up on Laurel early on in the season

Yeah I really wish the Ollie/Felicity duo would remain untainted by the CW love triangles, but I guess they gotta pander. Part of their charm is the platonic relationship--pretty obvious the two are going to be lovers this season (or the next) now. Too bad.

Wiktor

One more thing, it looked like the whole sex didn't last long. I hope Olie won't be the one who gets the nickname "Speedy" :D

Aw yeah. The Arrow Crew takes on Mother Russia.

Alright, so first off...

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAADE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HIS FACE.

Will GAF still love him?

Shado + Slade? Well, okay then.

Sarah betraying Oliver?! Douchebag! I hope we see more of the Oliver/Anatoli relationship. I like that Oliver promised to come back and save him. He is the type to keep his promises as we see in the present. And seems like we're getting a legit prison break.

Ivo continues to be creepy as fuck.

I like the guy who plays Deadshot. He gives the role a nice slimy snake-esque feel.

Okay, so Ollie and Isabel. Oliver Queen continues to make the worst romantic and sexual decisions of just about any protagonist on TV. Sigh. This is gonna come back to bite him in the ass. Also, seemed kinda quick that Isabel would jump his bones after a couple shots and seven episodes of her hating his annoying schtick. Also, Emily brings the feels, but this Felicity pseudo-confession wasn't built up enough. Felt off at the end. Come on CW, you gotta make them earn this. No will-they-won't-they crap this early. We're fine with the flirting, make this the long-term thing and have it build up organically.

Holy crap David Ramsay is built. That put me to shame. Nice to see him get some at the end though. Also, searching for clues on HIVE with Bing. Priceless. Also, I'd never heard of HIVE. Also, he just let a murdering assassin go free after breaking him out of a government facility where they killed like thirty guards in a prison break.

That seems highly irresponsible, but I'll allow it.

The Roy/Thea plot this week was lame.

I didn't even notice Laurel was not in this episode! Goddamn, that was an amazing feeling at the end.

This is just a rumour so it could be bs, but apparently WB is waiting for the reaction on Grant Gustin as the Flash before he appears in MOS2.
Barry Allen and Diana will appear but not as superheroes.

I don't buy that for a second.

- Promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

5mPQjR9.gif

Tabby

Episode S02E08 " The Scientist" episode description
Barry Allen cameo

BARRY ALLEN COMES TO STARLING CITY — A seemingly impossible robbery at Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division brings Central City police scientist Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) to town. Citing a similar case back home, Barry offers to help Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team with the investigation. Oliver senses there is more to Barry than meets the eye, but he’s distracted by the similarities between this current case and something that happened on the island. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) takes a liking to Barry, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Oliver. Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) asks Roy (Colton Haynes) for help when a friend of hers goes missing. Roy is surprised when Thea (Willa Holland) not only encourages him to help, but joins the search. Unfortunately, Sin’s friend is connected to Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro), and their search ultimately gets one of them seriously injured.
Grant Gustin's screen test has been praised by not only Arrow producers but Geoff Johns as well.
Only 2 weeks left.

Barry Allen cameo

BARRY ALLEN COMES TO STARLING CITY — A seemingly impossible robbery at Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division brings Central City police scientist Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) to town. Citing a similar case back home, Barry offers to help Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team with the investigation. Oliver senses there is more to Barry than meets the eye, but he’s distracted by the similarities between this current case and something that happened on the island. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) takes a liking to Barry, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Oliver. Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) asks Roy (Colton Haynes) for help when a friend of hers goes missing. Roy is surprised when Thea (Willa Holland) not only encourages him to help, but joins the search. Unfortunately, Sin’s friend is connected to Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro), and their search ultimately gets one of them seriously injured.
Grant Gustin's screen test has been praised by not only Arrow producers but Geoff Johns as well.
Only 2 weeks left.

585785788.gif

Sounds hype-worthy. On a scale of 100-110, how much do you guys think Amell will hype this up?

Edit: Jesus, you guys gotta post more. I have 197 posts in this thread. I feel like a freak.

Tabby

585785788.gif

Sounds hype-worthy. On a scale of 100-110, how much do you guys think Amell will hype this up?

Edit: Jesus, you guys gotta post more. I have 197 posts in this thread. I feel like a freak.
I don't think he'll need to hype It up. The ratings will probably go up anyway because Barry Allen is going to be in it.

Well the episode goes up at 3am my time and doesn't air until Monday almost a week after So I guess that's part of the reason why some people don't post.

Sober

Barry Allen cameo

Only 2 weeks left.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since the last thing I saw him in was Glee and well, there wasn't much to work with there other than be a two dimensional douchebag of a villain.

Super strength and healing factor huh?

Who do we know who can do that? I wonder...

Slade will soon get an upgrade.

"I think you deserve better than her..."

What is going on here?

Did this happen in the comics?

Good to see Slade again!

no, not ever.

yeah, no build up whatsoever

her feelings for him went from "I like watching you work out" to "how could you sleep with her, Ollie??"

women.

Bladenic

Couldn't Thea just have said "yo we need to break up or pretend to break up for a bit for my mom k?" Instead of the usual drama.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
slade297et7.gif

Slade: Remember that name you all had for me when I was at Internal Affairs? What was it, Shado?
Shado: Slade, I...
Slade: Say it!

slade297et7.gif

Slade: Remember that name you all had for me when I was at Internal Affairs? What was it, Shado?
Shado: Slade, I...
Slade: Say it!

Shado: Deathstroke. Deathstroke the Terminator.

I'm hyped more than ever now. Haven't seen episode 6 yet but the summary for the future Barry Allen episode has me excited. I'm glad they're actually using his profession from the comics in the show rather than just shoehorning him in. Can't wait for Nightwing too!

Tugatrix

Big spoiler for Slade ahead, don't read if you don't know the character that much:

Who know the character know that he was genetically improved, i speculate that will happen given that Ivo is looking for that kind of knowledge from Japanese sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom