• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
If there was ever a reminder that this is a CW show, that Felicity Oliver thing was it.Totally unnecessary and pointless especially since she didn't act like this when he was all up on Laurel early on in the season

So what? She was still figuring the guy out. It was a slow burn romance.

Speaking of her hating on Laurel she actually did that in the beginning of this season when Oliver was having a 1on1 conversation at the charity party for Blood. I thought it was just my imagination at the time because she used a very valid excuse to cut into their conversation but her body language before she made that move clearly said she was jealous of Laurel getting attention.

Clevinger

Why are people surprised about Slade's face? When they were bombed we clearly saw him grabbing his face and screaming in pain.

Because this is the CW and making a handsome person ugly is unthinkable.

Which is why *SPECULATION*
Ivo mentioned the serum or whatever having super healing. He's gonna force Slade to use it, and then we'll get handsome Slade back

3N16MA

Banned
Man the Felicity/Oliver angle just seems sooooo forced.

I have been calling a relationship between the two since the day he met her. I think it's pretty obvious that she has been attracted to him and he views her as the most trustworthy woman in his life right now.

iLAi5N1K8IQD7.gif

Oliver wants it.

Clevinger

Ratings are up. It got a 1.1, up from last week's 1.0. For those who care: Tomorrow People stayed at 0.6.

edit: Final ratings were adjusted up to a 1.2. TTP stayed the same.
Sorry King Alant and anyone else who cares :(

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. It's been the second highest rated show on CW, or tied with the second highest rated show on CW for two weeks now.

Awesome sauce, it deserves the success. This show has some of the best pacing I have ever seen and it just keeps getting better with each season when you look how it's shaped since the start. Best comic verse I've got engrossed in as well, I love it.

Khezu

I didn't mind the Thea Roy breakup thing, mostly because they settled it in the same damn episode.

But hopefully in the future, they give those two more interesting things to do.

3N16MA

Banned
Yeah. It's been the second highest rated show on CW, or tied with the second highest rated show on CW for two weeks now.

I think if you look at the season overall it is the 4th highest rated show on CW.

Vampire Diaries
Supernatural
The Originals
Arrow

It has risen in the ratings for the last few weeks and is now pretty steady with Supernatural and The Originals.

It's doing pretty well and could surpass The Originals

Clevinger

I just remembered that, who was it, Felicity? Oliver? blew up those guards with that coat. I think it was Felicity. I was surprised how fucked up that scene was but I forgot to write it down.

Team Arrow is really lax on that no-killing thing.

fanboi

Banned
So my prediction form the first EP regarding Flash
is that the particel accelerator that is soon going online is going to make him Flash

I am fucking Nostrodamus.

So my prediction form the first EP regarding Flash
is that the particel accelerator that is soon going online is going to make him Flash

I am fucking Nostrodamus.
Now that's just crazy talk brah. Coming face to face with Felicity is going to make him The Flash. Then again it would happen to anyone... Fanfic material in 3...2...1

Joni

I'm gonna guess H.I.V.E. will lead to Deathstroke.

Lol at Felicity saying they were going to Tahiti.
That was an uppercut right in the feels of SHIELD.

If there was ever a reminder that this is a CW show, that Felicity Oliver thing was it.Totally unnecessary and pointless especially since she didn't act like this when he was all up on Laurel early on in the season
It isn't surprising though. She clearly liked him for a while and they have grown closer. But Ollie is right. Sara got killed, twice apparantly, because of him. Shado is probably dead in the current time. Laurel is messed up. Girl cop got wounded.

I just remembered that, who was it, Felicity? Oliver? blew up those guards with that coat. I think it was Felicity. I was surprised how fucked up that scene was but I forgot to write it down.

Team Arrow is really lax on that no-killing thing.
That killing thing went out of the window when she needed to take revenge for Isabelle sleeping with Ollie.

I think if you look at the season overall it is the 4th highest rated show on CW.

Vampire Diaries
Supernatural
The Originals
Arrow

It has risen in the ratings for the last few weeks and is now pretty steady with Supernatural and The Originals.

It's doing pretty well and could surpass The Originals
All three of them did a 1.1 this week with Arrow winning in number of viewers. The Vampire Diaries will probably win once it airs tomorrow.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Fuckin' right. Bring it!
Deathstroke_005.jpg

I never quite understood what the hell is up with Deathstroke's garb. Is that a Mardy Gras necklace on his right arm? Why is he wearing trunks over chainmail? Is there any reason for that brass collar? What purpose serve those flying things behind his head? And last but not least, what the fuck is going on with the rave pirate boots?

It isn't surprising though. She clearly liked him for a while and they have grown closer. But Ollie is right. Sara got killed, twice apparantly, because of him. Shado is probably dead in the current time. Laurel is messed up. Girl cop got wounded.

That killing thing went out of the window when she needed to take revenge for Isabelle sleeping with Ollie.

That's true. Ollie not only makes poor life choices, he has terrible luck with women.

And Felicity is so petty. Love it.

Now that's just crazy talk brah. Coming face to face with Felicity is going to make him The Flash. Then again it would happen to anyone... Fanfic material in 3...2...1

That's... premature to determine.

Deadshot might want to invest in an infrared eye patch (and some acting lessons). Can't be a stealth sniper when you give yourself away from 400yds away with a bright glowing red target.

But Laurel was the known threat before Felicity came into the picture. She already accepted that Laurel was higher in the hierarchy than her. Isabel jumped to the front of the line way ahead of Felicity and then rubbed it in her face. It burns. slow.

and Thea should have just been honest about their Breakup.
"We work together, and live together...."

Was she gonna kick him out too? Should Have just said that she needed to preserve her image during the trial and couldn't be publicly together. But then the whole redeeming mother scene wouldn't have happened the way it did. so whatever.

And I can't believe the pace of this show. We are 6 episodes into the season and they have already covered 2 seasons worth of material at the very least for any other show.
No bullshit, no filler. Either the situation in the present serves to push the narrative of the past, or the situation of the past serves to push the narrative of the present. It is very well done. Truly an example to be followed. (I'm talking to you Marvel/Netflix)

-love how shameless some of these Felicity dress scenes are; the one in the beginning where it zooms in on her ass had no other point
-there goes my theory of Isabel being Robert Queen's bastard... or maybe there's a crazy ass incest revelation coming???
-Naeva-lite was good in this, from her little screen time. Much better than in Spartacus
-Caity Lotz is barely taller than a sitting Amell
-loved the focus effect on Deadshot's eye
-What's HIVE? Lemme Bing it
-Amell's acting has improved a ton; I barely notice an Amell Pause anymore
-the action editing... ugh. Takes away so much from it. It's the main flaw of the show at this point, imo
-Why was Oliver having to justify boning Isabel to Felicity?
Make it happen!

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I thought it showed Slade's hand on fire and not his face in the flashback. Anyway I'd still bone burned face Slade. It'd be kinky.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
First somewhat miss of the season for me so far. I say somewhat because I still did enjoy it for the most part. But that Felicity jelousy bullshit....ugh. Also how the hell did Ollie not see that trap coming? It was so goddamn obvious Sara was tricking him in to contacting Slade/Shado. I dunno, Ollie is seems like the kinda guy that should have seen through that.

Tabby

First somewhat miss of the season for me so far. I say somewhat because I still did enjoy it for the most part. But that Felicity jelousy bullshit....ugh. Also how the hell did Ollie not see that trap coming? It was so goddamn obvious Sara was tricking him in to contacting Slade/Shado. I dunno, Ollie is seems like the kinda guy that should have seen through that.

Young, inexperienced still going through his crucible Ollie?
After seeing a girl he thought died?
I doubt it.

I never quite understood what the hell is up with Deathstroke's garb. Is that a Mardy Gras necklace on his right arm? Why is he wearing trunks over chainmail? Is there any reason for that brass collar? What purpose serve those flying things behind his head? And last but not least, what the fuck is going on with the rave pirate boots?

His Arkham Origins getup is the best.

Deathstroke-Origins.jpg

During the last episode I had such a mixed reaction at the ending Diggle scene.

He first seemed to be searching H.I.V. and I was like, dang does he think he caught something already?

....then he typed the E and I was like, oh snap! H.I.V.E.!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, I would say Merlyn. I'm not much of a DC guy though. He fights other well known villains like Doctor Light and Deathstroke but they're more connected to Teen Titans.

Well, it's just that... yeah, but it's been mostly harmless friendly flirting. Even when it was Laurel, she didn't say much.

This was like... green eye of envy shit.
But this is post Laurel. Ever since she was brought into the fold, it's beyond just flirting. She likes him, and she is fiercely loyal.

I think it's totally natural, especially when she still sees Isabel as someone that is trying to take something away from Oliver.

rexor0717

Well, it's just that... yeah, but it's been mostly harmless friendly flirting. Even when it was Laurel, she didn't say much.

This was like... green eye of envy shit.

With Laurel, Felicity knows that she is a part of Oliver's life, and will probably always be in some capacity. But with Isabel, she is this new element that came out of nowhere.

Joni

Was she gonna kick him out too? Should Have just said that she needed to preserve her image during the trial and couldn't be publicly together. But then the whole redeeming mother scene wouldn't have happened the way it did. so whatever.
She lives with him. She could always go back to their big mansion.

With Laurel, Felicity knows that she is a part of Oliver's life, and will probably always be in some capacity. But with Isabel, she is this new element that came out of nowhere.
And at least Laurel seems to respect Felicity a bit. Isabel belittled her.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
But this is post Laurel. Ever since she was brought into the fold, it's beyond just flirting. She likes him, and she is fiercely loyal.

I think it's totally natural, especially when she still sees Isabel as someone that is trying to take something away from Oliver.

Yep. I saw it as totally natural too.

It wasn't until the end of the episode that I realized Laurel wasn't in it. I didn't even miss her. Okay episode. I wonder how Diggle's brother fits into all of this, if at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom