• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Not sure if it was mentioned up the last episode was adjusted up to 1.2/18-49. Makes it the highest rated episode since the series premiere which got a 1.3.

Tabby

Not sure if it was mentioned up the last episode was adjusted up to 1.2/18-49. Makes it the highest rated episode since the series premiere which got a 1.3.

It was already mentioned.
But yeah that's good.
I think some people are getting tired of AOS and started switching to Arrow idk.

Geido

Maybe spoilers, and I don't know if it's been discussed yet... But a theory on Summer Glau's character:

Talia Al Ghul right?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Maybe spoilers, and I don't know if it's been discussed yet... But a theory on Summer Glau's character:

Talia Al Ghul right?

Yeah, we've talked about it here a couple of times... It wouldn't be that surprising if it happened.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Talia Al Ghul right?

Yeah that idea's been thrown around. I certainly hope that's not the case due to the obvious similarities to Dark Knight Rises

evilwart

Talia Al Ghul right?

Since the child of Ra's al Ghul was never mentioned by name, maybe she's Nyssa instead of Talia. She's russian like Summer Glau's character and I guess would at least partially subvert copying TDKR.

Yeah that idea's been thrown around. I certainly hope that's not the case due to the obvious similarities to Dark Knight Rises
Have you seen last seasons finale? That was totally TDK, and Malcom Merlyn being associated with the league of assassins only solidifies this.
I wouldn't be surprised if
Summer Glau's character was Thalia al Gul,
and that would be very unfortunate.

Hold on...

Don't get me wrong Arrow is still an awesome show but
, wow they are totally going in on TDK:Rises format.
I find it kind of
awkward
that they would borrow
such huge plot points from TDK:Rise
s. Maybe because I hated that movie so much, I don't know.

wildfire

Banned
I bet the end of Glau's arc involves Felicity somehow curbstomping her.

I feel it in my bones.

Felicity can't win against the Terminator but she'll win my heart if Whip Cream or a Fire Hydrant is involved in the fight.

No, you wanna bang Katie Cassidy.

Laurel Lance is bordering on a human trainwreck at this point.

Things will only get more ironic if this natural disaster is what helps gives Barry super powers. He would be the first character smart enough to run away from her as fast as possible.

Clevinger

So according to Amellywood, the Arrowcave will be getting 2 new members this season.
Predictions?

Roy and Black Canary. I'm pretty sure they've upped Lotz to a series regular but haven't announced it yet.

Commissioner Chesthair would never go into the BatArrowcave.

SF Bat Kid put Ollie, Felicity, and Diggle out of a job.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=534920459926559&set=vb.146921975393078&type=2&theater

In seriousness this is awesome.

dawwww

obin_gam

Three episodes into the second season and I truly despise this Laurel character. She adds nothing at all to the show except for annoyance. The character needs to die.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Three episodes into the second season and I truly despise this Laurel character. She adds nothing at all to the show except for annoyance. The character needs to die.

We were so close too!

SmIvsi9.gif

I feel bad for Laurel, I think people are way too hard on her.

She's a lot like Oliver in a way (and even Sara), in that they are completely breaking her down before building her back up. The difference is that we got to fast forward through most of Oliver & Sara's rock bottom stage, while hers is on full display.

obin_gam

She's a lot like Oliver in a way (and even Sara), in that they are completely breaking her down before building her back up. The difference is that we got to fast forward through most of Oliver & Sara's rock bottom stage, while hers is on full display.

But Ollie has a purpose. Laurel does not.

Sober

Ollie didn't at first either. He was a whiny brat and a grade A douchebag before his "transformation".

We get to see the end result of his crucible, so it all makes sense. Hers is still on-going.
So we have to watch at least five years of Laurel doing that? Because anything less literally trivializes Oliver and Sarah's 5-year journey
don't you dare fucking say Venom/Mirakulu/whatever Brother Blood has

So we have to watch at least five years of Laurel doing that? Because anything less literally trivializes Oliver and Sarah's 5-year journey
don't you dare fucking say Venom/Mirakulu/whatever Brother Blood has
You think characters have to go through the exact same ordeal (in timespan and/or experience wise) in order for their struggle to be valid?

Every character's journey is unique to them. Laurel doesn't need to be trapped on a crazy island or a prison ship for years in order to be changed through various hardships.

obin_gam

There, now I'm all up to speed with the show. Spontaneous thoughts after S2E6:

- Ollie really needs to start growing that goatee now. It's getting ridiculous when every other character has a greenarrowier goatee than him!

- Every starring character except for Ollie, Felicity and Sarah are boring and completely uniteresting.

- I totally spaz (in a good way) out every time the show makes references to (or steal from) The Nolanverse.... which is at least five times per episode <3 Even though, it feels kinda cheap at the same time.

- They need to make a future season entirely based on the SuperMAX-script where Ollie has to break out from a super-villain-prison!

- The sub-plots are bad. Really really bad. Which is a shame when the main plot is great.

neoanarch

- I totally spaz (in a good way) out every time the show makes references to (or steal from) The Nolanverse.... which is at least five times per episode <3 Even though, it feels kinda cheap at the same time.

What do you think has been taken from the "Nolan"verse exactly? I don't really remember any specific references besides the similarities in tone of course.

I love how, as a society, our response to characters we don't like is "kill them".

Not "they need to leave the show".

They need to die.

Yes, yes, I realize it's fiction, but honestly, is that any better?

Joni

I love how, as a society, our response to characters we don't like is "kill them".

Not "they need to leave the show".

They need to die.

Yes, yes, I realize it's fiction, but honestly, is that any better?
The bus can come back if you put the character on a bus.

Wiktor

Ollie didn't at first either. He was a whiny brat and a grade A douchebag before his "transformation".

We get to see the end result of his crucible, so it all makes sense. Hers is still on-going.

Except that Olie was interesting and relatable once he hit the island. Laurel isn't.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I feel people are too hard on Laurel. I mean I don't like the character, but she's not THAT bad. She's not Lana Lang levels of bad. Everyone remember how awful Lana was on Smallville and compare her to Laurel. All of a sudden Laurel aint looking so bad now is she?

Tabby

People are too hard on Laurel. I thought she was good last episode.
I agree. She was amazing in the last episode.
Did so much right.
/sarcasm

I think the hate is justified. She's never been a good character. I got tired of the her keep going back and forth between Ollie and Tommy. Her stupid actions in the season 1 finale. And being completely useless in season 2; I understand it's a hard time but wow, it's not all about you. I LAUGHED when she said "What's so bad that everyone has to leave".

obin_gam

Yup. I think he meant from the batman comics

What do you think has been taken from the "Nolan"verse exactly? I don't really remember any specific references besides the similarities in tone of course.

The tone mainly, but also things like the Ducard mentor like character which is obviously Ras, the Batman Begins beginning of the first season, some of the dialog I remember hearing either Bruce or Alfred saying.

SF Bat Kid put Ollie, Felicity, and Diggle out of a job.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=534920459926559&set=vb.146921975393078&type=2&theater

In seriousness this is awesome.

Ha, that's awesome.

Felicity can't win against the Terminator but she'll win my heart if Whip Cream or a Fire Hydrant is involved in the fight.

Things will only get more ironic if this natural disaster is what helps gives Barry super powers. He would be the first character smart enough to run away from her as fast as possible.

Hahahahaha, zing!

So I have to sit through five years of Laurel being terrible?

The writers are not trying very hard to make her breakdown interesting.

I miss this Katie. Why can't Laurel be more... her.

I feel people are too hard on Laurel. I mean I don't like the character, but she's not THAT bad. She's not Lana Lang levels of bad. Everyone remember how awful Lana was on Smallville and compare her to Laurel. All of a sudden Laurel aint looking so bad now is she?

First you say something good..

Not sure if this is some kind of joke about her being good in the episode because she wasn't in it...

And then you say something bad... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom