• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if its felicity he's falling onto?

84OV14z.png

I like the way you think.....

Wiktor

Yeah but
I'm sure a large part of the city still hates her for her part in destroying the Glades... unless she kills the rest of Starling City. Oh shit! Ra's has imbued her with new sense and purpose!

But what if it's just Moira running against Blood and Blood gets exposed day before the election? :)

Wiktor

Flashbacks to seasons 1+2 in seasons 6+7!

Maybe there's a 2-5 year time jump between season 5+6 where he's rescued from ANOTHER mysterious island so there will be flashbacks to THAT island.

Really, the creative possibilities are endless!

Umm...so much effort, while much easier opportunity has been laying right in front of you the whole time. You forgot that there was a tiny time skip between S1 and S2 where Olie returned to the island for like two months. They can always flashback to that !
j/k

oops yeah so I guess not exactly combined
1. POI
2. Arrow
3. Sleepy Hollow
4. Castle

I love Castle, but I personally wouldn't lump it in with Arrow or Sleepy Hollow. Castle is like comfort food. I watch it because it feels good and I enjoy it, but I don't count down the days in anticipation of wanting to see where it goes.

And if you have not watched The Originals, you should. Just crazy fun, and has the same story momentum like Arrow does.

Person of Interest? Sleepy Hollow? wtf those shows can only be watched sporadically. i could never do the full 24 or whatever the episode count is per season.

banshee, strike back and arrow da gawds of action

boardwalk and mad men for drama

Person of Interest? Sleepy Hollow? wtf those shows can only be watched sporadically. i could never do the full 24 or whatever the episode count is per season.

Sleepy Hollow is moving crazy fast. Not really an action series, but is just bug nuts crazy which is what makes it great.

Sleepy Hollow is moving crazy fast. Not really an action series, but is just bug nuts crazy which is what makes it great.

i'm 2 episodes behind right now. it is moving quite fast but the only thing that keeps me tuned in now is ichabod. good charisma with abbie and he's always enjoyable.

almost human is more impressive for me at the moment. really liking that one.

i'm 2 episodes behind right now. it is moving quite fast but the only thing that keeps me tuned in now is ichabod. good charisma with abbie and he's always enjoyable.

almost human is more impressive for me at the moment. really liking that one.

Almost Human is just a lot of fun. Waiting for the mythology to kick in, but so far just having a blast with the buddy chemistry and case of the week format.

Chuckie

Almost Human is just a lot of fun. Waiting for the mythology to kick in, but so far just having a blast with the buddy chemistry and case of the week format.

Same here. Loving it, but waiting for the 'bigger story'. It makes the big difference between: 'Ah nice, another episode' and 'damn, can't wait what happens next week'

Wiktor

Person of Interest just delivered some of the very best three episodes of television this year and at this point it's elevated to a best thing any Nolan has ever done.

Barry Allen as a character in the comics is just a boring good guy. They tried retrofitting him by giving him a tragic past (originally he was just raised normally by his loving parents and just got into a freak accident, but this was changed when Geoff John's started writing for him and created a ham handed back story of a father killing his mother and a hidden killer behind it).

People think Superman is boring but Barry one ups him in that regard. He was only ever interesting when he was dead and his successor and nephew, Wally West took over and put him on a pedestal. He was the greatest hero of our time saving the multiverse, but he had absolutely no personality.

This version of the character has the sickly sweet innocence going for him thats very charming as well as being Peter Parkerish in his enthusiasm for crime scenes and SCIENCE! so that's why I dig this version.

Barry Allen and Hal Jordan were killed off because they were boring characters, and replaced by the more interesting Wally West and Kyle Rayner. Hal got a decent personality with his resurrection, Hall did not. Barry got more characterization in his first scene of this episode than in sixty years of comics.

Tugatrix

ijCWS7fiEPkV6.gif

I'm still tripping off this scene. He just shoots Roy and leaves the poor bastard in dark alley in the worst part of town.

You just know some hobo took Roy's wallet as soon as Oliver was out of sight.

I can only imagine the exchange between Roy and the 911 operator, that's a job for you NotTheGuyYouKill

Klyka

Banned
ijCWS7fiEPkV6.gif

I'm still tripping off this scene. He just shoots Roy and leaves the poor bastard in dark alley in the worst part of town.

That is the alley right next to Thea's club btw.
As in,one of the walls is literally the club.

So he probably limped into the club and got help there.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I can't wait for season 3 when Superboy Prime comes in and punches Ollie's head off and then Felicity has to invent a Cosmic Treadmill and get Barry to travel back in time to save Ollie. you'll love it.
No, S3 will be Ollie training Roy to become Red Arrow after the death of Thea at the hands of Malcolm. Once his training is complete he'll move over to the new Young Justice show.

Wiktor

No, S3 will be Ollie training Roy to become Red Arrow after the death of Thea at the hands of Malcolm. Once his training is complete he'll move over to the new Young Justice show.

That would actually be pretty damn fun. But can't we replace Thea with Laurel? Maybe they're both attacked, but Thea only gets hurt?

Clevinger

as soapy as Merlyn being Thea's dad is, I'm hoping it leads to her being something besides Roy's girlfriend

I can't imagine Laurel dressed up as a vigilante. But Thea dressed up and kicking ass and talking shit? I'd like to see that. Much more than Roy being Ollie-lite.

Khezu

I want evil Thea as Malcoms sidekick, and Roy as Ollies sidekick.

I could see Thea dying and Malcom rezzing her, and trains her well everyone thinks shes dead, and it pushes Ollie to train Roy.

Basically just make every character in on the super hero stuff, except Laurel. Just keep moving her as far away from the actual plot as possible.

kazebyaka

Banned
I want evil Thea as Malcoms sidekick, and Roy as Ollies sidekick.

I could see Thea dying and Malcom rezzing her, and trains her well everyone thinks shes dead, and it pushes Ollie to train Roy.

Basically just make every character in on the super hero stuff, except Laurel. Just keep moving her as far away from the actual plot as possible.
they should just kill laurel

Rokam

So there are some very spoilerific images from next weeks episode out on the interwebs. Be careful what sites you visit.

I love Castle, but I personally wouldn't lump it in with Arrow or Sleepy Hollow. Castle is like comfort food. I watch it because it feels good and I enjoy it, but I don't count down the days in anticipation of wanting to see where it goes.

And if you have not watched The Originals, you should. Just crazy fun, and has the same story momentum like Arrow does.

Castle gets a bump because Castle is actually my favorite character on tv.

Yup. Probably the best show on American network television.
with this last arc it became my favorite tv show of all time.

ijCWS7fiEPkV6.gif

Someone should do one but replace Roy's face with Laurel's.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Finally caught up. This show keeps delivering like UPS.

The way they keep building a robust mythology without filler, making backstory actually relevant to each episode and how the writers give something meaningful to almost every character is actually amazing.

Pros:

• Ollie nailing Roy in a dark alley. Good to know he's still the craziets motherfucker in this show. The Count is starting to look sensible and germane in comparison.
  • Felicity's boob window
    oCeMBIS.png
  • Isabel in that cocktail dress
    rCQnwAU.png
  • Thea in that cocktail dress
    rCQnwAU.png
  • Moira dropping the Ras like no thang. Seriously, this woman is a box full of surprises. How the fuck not only knows him but she's able to give him a call?
  • Writers taking a huge steaming shit on the Ollicity shippers.
  • Felicity finding new platonic dick.
  • Barry is totes adorkable. Excellent work by the actor.
  • The genesis of Deathstroke. Hells yes.
  • Thea and Roy's zanny adventures.
  • Roy's Lumia 1020.
  • Ollie getting the snot beaten out of him for a change.
  • More ARGUS drops.
  • The way they introduced superpowers was really, really well done.
  • The music was really, really good.
  • No Laurel.

Cons:

• MIRAKURU. Jesus Christ, Arrow.
  • Secret Japanese superdrug MIRAKURU is contained in modern syringes, which are stored in a perfecly sanitized box in an otherwise dank and grimmy looking WW2 submarine
    BSXqNOf.gif
  • Ollie's wirework during his fight with the superpowered brah was pretty bad. Then again, wirework tends to be crummy even in big budget films :|

One of the best episodes so far.

-Roy's party outfit was amazing, but it doesn't fit his character at all. That seemed like a Colton special.
Totally Thea's pick.

It's too bad Janelle Monae isn't an actor, because her look is PERFECT.

Vibe-Vixen-Janelle-Monae-image-11.jpg

Like the CW gives two shits about acting :lol

Right now? Yeah. Banshee S2 will soon join this due to complete it into perfect trilogy of action.

We truly live in golden age of action tv.
You left out Sleepy Hollow and The Originals.
Strike Back, bitches. Go watch it NOW. Don't make me punch you in your limp dicks.

It didn't hit until last night, but yeah, Sin is a dead ringer for Scagliotti.

You need to get your eyes, son. But I certainly wouldn't mind her in Arrow. Writers could so easily shoehorn her as Felicity's nemesis.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I can't imagine Laurel dressed up as a vigilante. But Thea dressed up and kicking ass and talking shit? I'd like to see that. Much more than Roy being Ollie-lite.
Katie will star soon in her own superhero movie
in which she'll bare her mounds, apparently
, so that could serve as a test of sorts. In any case, Blonde Cassidy needs to be a thing if they plan to keep her around...

HLmYCbL.jpg

Wiktor

Strike Back, bitches. Go watch it NOW. Don't make me punch you in your limp dicks.

I feel deeply offended that you think that I don't watch Strike Back. Deeply ofended. ;)
I didn't name it solely because the latest season has already aired and it will be almost a year before the new one starts.

Dunlop

I watched the first one and it seemed cool, then I read it was a spinoff of the Vampire Diaries to which I have never seen a single show and I stopped

Does the Originals stand on it's own or do you need to know the whole Vampire Diaries backstory?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I watched the first one and it seemed cool, then I read it was a spinoff of the Vampire Diaries to which I have never seen a single show and I stopped

Does the Originals stand on it's own or do you need to know the whole Vampire Diaries backstory?
Vampire Diaries helps you like a couple of the characters more (Elijah is awesome) but you don't need to have watched VD to watch The Originals. They've pretty much explained everything you need to know.

Vampire Diaries helps you like a couple of the characters more (Elijah is awesome) but you don't need to have watched VD to watch The Originals. They've pretty much explained everything you need to know.

Yeah. If you watched Vampire Diaries you have a bit more backstory to the three main family members, but the show works fine on its own and explains things if necessary if you didnt see the other show.

Also, the pilot episode was bad. The backdoor pilot for Originals in the last season of Vampire Diaries was great, but the new one for the stand alone show sucked. Thankfully, the second episode is what kicked things up into high gear and it stayed there.

V_Arnold

Originals also hosts one the hottest female on television, the actress who plays Davina.
She belongs to Goddess Tier, right alongside Jenna Coleman (Clara), Santiago from Brooklyn and Skye from MAHVEL.

The Cowboy

Great episode, Ollie getting a beating was so good - he really gave me the Batman vs. Bane vibe from TDKR with his I'll take this muscle mass head on approach (hopefully a beating like that will teach him to use his skills better against brute force opponents).

Also Felicity will be the death of me, she has it going all types of on - my only gripe was her cocktail party outfit, no glasses is just WTF! (she looks so much better with them).

Zero315

Banned

You'll be fine watching The Originals on it's own, but you'll be missing out on a lot of backstory. The first few seasons of TVD are actually pretty good, and the seasons involving the originals are excellent. It's really the first CW series where I noticed the breakneck speed of the plot. So I'd say just watch Originals and watch TVD when you can.

Dunlop

Thanks for the Origins info

I need a new show to watch on Netflix anyways but Twilight has forever made me weary of vampire shows lol

Wiktor

Originals also hosts one the hottest female on television, the actress who plays Davina.
She belongs to Goddess Tier, right alongside Jenna Coleman (Clara), Santiago from Brooklyn and Skye from MAHVEL.

She's pretty, but hottest? She doesn't have figure for that. By ridiculous CW standards she's merely average.

Tabby

I consider it blasphemy that that list does not contain Emily Bett.

Also, I've only just realised that Stephen Amell's brother is Robbie Amell who plays Stephen Jameson on Tomorrow People.

Rokam

This 2nd Q&A is great, he goes on a rant about photoshoots. Trick arrow question, he's convinced that at some point the boxing glove arrow will be shoehorned in as a nod to fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom