• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode.

I'm not really loving Barry like everyone else but I don't hate him either. He's okay.

I didn't even notice that Laurel wasn't in the episode until someone mentioned it here.

Tabby

This 2nd Q&A is great, he goes on a rant about photoshoots. Trick arrow question, he's convinced that at some point the boxing glove arrow will be shoehorned in as a nod to fans.

One of the questions had him spoiling something, was it about an upcoming episode or a past episode?

Great episode.

I'm not really loving Barry like everyone else but I don't hate him either. He's okay.

I didn't even notice that Laurel wasn't in the episode until someone mentioned it here.

Now he just needs to show that he can be a good Flash as well.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Wow, this show is incredible!
I can't believe it. It really has no right to be this good. Music was excellent too.

Flash is cast so perfectly well. The show, it doesn't stop giving.

Rokam

One of the questions had him spoiling something, was it about an upcoming episode or a past episode?

Now he just needs to show that he can be a good Flash as well.

No spoilers for upcoming episodes besides the thing I spoilered on the last page which wasn't a big deal. The spoiler bit from this episode was just him talking about Barry Allen being the Flash.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I'm really surprised I ended up enjoying this more than most other shows this year. Its like a labour of love, whoever is in charge is doing a great job and really loves all of this. I'm on board.

Tendo

Just finished Season 1 last night and starting Season 2 tonight. First series I have "subscribed" to on Amazon. I love that.

That finale! I'm not super familiar with green arrow but I was shocked they went through with
leveling the glades
and the scenes with Detective Lance were great. So much great stuff in those final 2-3 episodes.

I hope to be caught up by Wednesday. If they do a Flash pilot when would we see it?

Tabby

Just finished Season 1 last night and starting Season 2 tonight. First series I have "subscribed" to on Amazon. I love that.

That finale! I'm not super familiar with green arrow but I was shocked they went through with
leveling the glades
and the scenes with Detective Lance were great. So much great stuff in those final 2-3 episodes.

I hope to be caught up by Wednesday. If they do a Flash pilot when would we see it?

Next year.
When Arrow season 3 airs.

Knowing CW we'll probably never see him in costume.

Actually, you're wrong! There will be a costume. Based CW is gonna come through for you Flash fans.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/461361/t...dex-super-suit-wants-character-to-time-travel

As for his costume? Expect The Flash's signature red spandex. "I would image, when The Flash comes he'll be in a pretty traditional Flash costume," Gustin teases. "That's kind of what I've caught wind of."

Showrunners also confirmed that he will have powers, he will also definitely have the costume.

Also, Grant is aware of the sexy fan art that is gonna start popping up.

Good Lord, what will he think when the Oliver/Barry slash art pops up.

Though it might not be as sexy as the suit some fans are dreaming of. We asked him if he's seen any of the fan art that's popped up of him online, including this racy piece by ~zephyrianBoom (check out her deviantArt portfolio here).

"Oh, the one that's like open?!" he laughed. "Yeah, I sent that to my mom actually. We just died laughing. She thought it was hilarious."

rs_293x445-130920135558-634.theflash.cm.92013_copy.jpg

Actually, you're wrong! There will be a costume. Based CW is gonna come through for you Flash fans.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/461361/t...dex-super-suit-wants-character-to-time-travel

Showrunners also confirmed that he will have powers, he will also definitely have the costume.

Also, Grant is aware of the sexy fan art that is gonna start popping up.

Good Lord, what will he think when the Oliver/Barry slash art pops up.

rs_293x445-130920135558-634.theflash.cm.92013_copy.jpg

Well, finally, a DC superhero in costume on TV. I would imagine Batman would be off-limits on CW. Maybe that Justice League movie can be turned in a TV series.

gazele

Banned
Started the show last week on netflix and just caught up

I must say this thread and the season 1 thread were both...entertaining haha

Kinda disappointed in Barry to be honest, they couldn't find a blonde guy? But super excited either way

#TeamFelicity

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Katie will star soon in her own superhero movie
in which she'll bare her mounds, apparently
, so that could serve as a test of sorts. In any case, Blonde Cassidy needs to be a thing if they plan to keep her around...

HLmYCbL.jpg

dam wtf is that her? She looks so much better there than in the show, they really need to let her go blonde and go shorter :).

Clevinger

dam wtf is that her? She looks so much better there than in the show, they really need to let her go blonde and go shorter :).

I don't think it's the hair so much as she's not super gaunt and her chin isn't super long and sharp like the rest of her face is in the show now. She just lost a lot of weight. :/

Katie will star soon in her own superhero movie
in which she'll bare her mounds, apparently
, so that could serve as a test of sorts. In any case, Blonde Cassidy needs to be a thing if they plan to keep her around...

HLmYCbL.jpg

Hnnnnnngggg, so confused now what do what do Sara or blond Laurel what do what do

I'm caught up.

Loved the A Beautiful Mind-style music that played during Barry's scenes.

The action scenes were incredible. I have no idea how to make a guy surf on a truck door.

"FYI, they WILL card him at the bar."

I was geeking out the whole episode. We got not one but two origin stories.

hey guys, just watched the first episode of this and i thought it was horrible. the dialogs are incredibly bad, the characters are bland and it's overall not really good or interesting. does this series just start out bad or is it just not something for me?

Rokam

hey guys, just watched the first episode of this and i thought it was horrible. the dialogs are incredibly bad, the characters are bland and it's overall not really good or interesting. does this series just start out bad or is it just not something for me?

Watch up to and including episode 5. If you're not hooked the show probably isn't for you.

kazebyaka

Banned
It's a completely different thing now, just bear with it and you will love it.

It's a completely different thing now, just bear with it and you will love it.

alright i'll give it another EP. just one thing, is there an explanation how he got to be a master archer, martial arts expert, chemistry expert, techwiz and an all around genius on the island?

SmokeMaxX

alright i'll give it another EP. just one thing, is there an explanation how he got to be a master archer, martial arts expert, chemistry expert, techwiz and an all around genius on the island?

Yeah if you don't mind waiting several seasons for the full answer.

Clevinger

alright i'll give it another EP. just one thing, is there an explanation how he got to be a master archer, martial arts expert, chemistry expert and an all around genius on the island?

this sort of relates to your bland character critique: in episode 14 they bring in a new lead character that improves the show a ton, and that character becomes responsible for the technical aspects of what Oliver does and it's a little less stupid.

But if you're looking for logic, this ain't that show. Try to laugh at that stuff if you can because there will be plenty of it.

ps. fast forward the family drama and the love triangle drama; it'll make those early episodes much more enjoyable.

pps. I wish I could tell you to just skip to episode 14 because that's when the show goes from an (entertainingly) bad show with bright spots to a good show with some big flaws, but there's a lot of important stuff in episodes 1-5, and episode 9.

Wiktor

Yeah. The whole flashback arc is about it

Arrow actually successfully avoids the many idiocies comic books usually have. Like the Green Arrow getting all that good during short sting on an island or Wayne returning to Gotham just as vigilante appears and nobody being able to put those two things together.

Clevinger

If you guys were writing the show, how would fix Laurel? Assuming we begin the repairs from this point. How do we salvage her?

Make her disillusioned with the law and her career because of the trial. Have Sara come back and reveal herself to Laurel. Have one last big devastating example of her not being able to help people/things with the law in her corrupt city. Have her ask Sara to train her. Sweaty, lightly clothed Sara/Laurel training scenes galore. With her training and with her happiness at finding out Sara's alive, Laurel isn't bland and boring anymore. She's more happy and has charm and attitude like KC in her other shows. Laurel stops being a damsel in distress. Laurel eats a cheeseburger once in a while.

that'd be a nice start

NG28

Am I going to miss much skipping first 3 episodes of this season? I'll read about them but anything special that needs to be watched?

Make her disillusioned with the law and her career because of the trial. Have Sara come back and reveal herself to Laurel. Have one last big devastating example of her not being able to help people/things with the law in her corrupt city. Have her ask Sara to train her. Sweaty, lightly clothed Sara/Laurel training scenes galore. With her training and with her happiness at finding out Sara's alive, Laurel isn't bland and boring anymore. She's more happy and has charm and attitude like KC in her other shows. Laurel stops being a damsel in distress. Laurel eats a cheeseburger once in a while.

that'd be a nice start

Not bad. I figure they're just gonna have her get drunk and then behind the wheel of a car before she smashes into a bunch of orphans and then give her a wake up call.

Just to show how true is this, here's a terrible Young Hollywood interview with her at The Scribbler set.

Don't tell me she doesn't look a lot better (and sounds a hell of a lot more lively) than she does in Arrow.

She really does. Are the Arrow writers sucking the life out of her?

Clevinger

Not bad. I figure they're just gonna have her get drunk and then behind the wheel of a car before she smashes into a bunch of orphans and then give her a wake up call.

Actual spoiler:
From what I gather from spoilers out there, she's going to end up dating Brother Blood.............

/sigh

She really does. Are the Arrow writers sucking the life out of her?

They're bumming me out just by proxy. Can't imagine what it's like for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom