• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

- Roy laying there in Thea's room with the arrow lmao
- I love how Sin just has a spare bottle of liquor on her
- "MIRAKURU," says Dr. Ivo
- Ivo playing some weirdass death game out of nowhere...
- getting shot in the head runs in the Yao family I guess... god damn... rip shado
- I really like Grant Gustin
- I literally thought Blood and Laurel walking together with those shopping bags was another Kays Jewelry commercial for a second
- So Laurel is dating Blood. Fuck you, Arrow Writers, you god damn bums
- lmao Max's file... "MIRACURU"
- Oliver is so insane he's hallucinating his dead friend and having it tell him everything he wants to hear; that's pretty fucked up when you think about it
- SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE :eek:
- Slade wants to Rafa Felicity... oh man
- omg FLAAAAAAAASH; that sound when the particle accelerator went boom and flashed across the city sounded almost like a person's scream. anyone notice that? could that have something to do with some comic stuff?

awesome ep; pretty hyped about The Flash show now

Slade "people he loves"
-shows Felicity

Aww yeh, Olicity ftw

Laurel dating Blood lol wot, pls get rid of her

That eyepatch, that hair, that suit

That thunderstorm, that Flash

Oh almost forgot: that mask!

That crossed my mind as well when I saw that. That event just gave them a massive opening for there to be a ton of super power villains for Flash to fight. Other things would also play into their creation as well but they'd all have the same catalyst. Also allows for more to show up on Arrow as well since the two cities (Starling and Central) are near each other it seems.

in DC comics lore, Starling City is supposed to be somewhere in the Pacfic Northwest and Central city in the midwest.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
This is a midseason finale done right! Jan 15th can't come soon enough.

SLADE! In Startling City too much awesome for me to take in. Hopefully they'll have a fight scene coming up!

Roy with superpowers? Eh I'll take it as a sign he won't be as boring as he was.

Laurel...maybe Blood will get rid of her for us. She should go confront Grundy.

I was not a fan of Grant Gustin the last episode but he definitely grew on me this episode. I wish they kept him appearing in episode 20 or so now instead of waiting now for his own show. Oh well :(

Slade wants to corrupt Felicity? Nope not till I'm done doing that haha

Amazing episode. So much awesome packed into 40 minutes. I was hesitant about them adding superpowers to this show, but they've been handling it so well. I'm willing to go with anything they throw at me now.

Can't believe Slade has been in the city this whole time. He looked great with the greying hair, eye patch and suit. I can't wait to see what his plan to get revenge on Ollie is.

Roy with superpowers! Just imagine the unnecessary wall flips he can do now.

They're actually pulling the trigger with Solomon Grundy. Not just teasing or playing coy, but actually going through with him. This show.

Oh, and Ollie finally has the mask. Wonder how long it'll be before he's rocking long hair and goatee.

Zero315

Banned
I do hope they somehow work even a minor cameo in for Flash though.

I think they will. They seemed to be trying to form a friendship between Ollie and Barry with the mask, and I highly doubt that he wouldn't call Felicity and tell her what happened. The title of the next episode is
Blast Radius
, take from that what you will.

Clevinger

BAH! Ollie is nothing without Diggle. Diggle is the voice of reason for Ollie. His hetero life mate. They are like brothers at this point.

I'm gonna call it now: Arrow will kill off Diggle in season 3.

As the show gets more crowded in the superhero parts with Roy and Thea and possibly Laurel finding out and getting involved (and possibly Sara coming back full time), and as they need a new big shocking death, the arrow writers are gonna turn straight to the non-superpowered non-vigilante black dude first.

edit: btw, Laurel made Buzzfeed's top 16 cyberbullied female characters list (#12)

I'm gonna call it now: Arrow will kill off Diggle in season 3.

As the show gets more crowded in the superhero parts with Roy and Thea and possibly Laurel finding out and getting involved (and possibly Sara coming back full time), and as they need a new big shocking death, the arrow writers are gonna turn straight to the non-superhero non-vigilante black dude first.

tDKs7mf.gif

BAH! Can't kill Diggle. At least not like that. Now, if Diggle went down in a blaze of glory protecting Ollie or Felicity, or by the hand of Slade or Ra's. That would be acceptable. But Ollie would never drop him.

Kinda hope Slade finds out about lazarus pits, digs Shado up and tries to revive her in it.
whether or not it works doesn't really matter.
if it did
corrupted villain Shado, ala recent comics Talia(but not Batman INC level ridiculous)
please.

Nyanmaruz

So is Slade now an ASIS agent gone rouge in the present time? Also, I realize that a lot can happen in 5-6 years of time. But the shift from his mercenary look to his Business man look bothers me a bit... =/

Sheroking

I think of all the awesome surprises in the episode, actually having Solomon Grundy (well, pre-death Solomon Grundy) was the biggest.

Never thought I'd see him in a live action adaptation.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
That was...incredible.

So many things happened.

Slade!

Shado :(

Flash origins (I liked Barry more in this episode than the previous one)

Roy getting the serum - I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet.

How long till January?

Jagxyz

They should give Diggle a power ring. Then we could do a Brave and the Bold: Green Arrow/Green Lantern Team-Up.:)

John
Stewart
Diggle?

Man, Roy with powers caught me completely off guard. Can't wait to see how they handle that, he has tons of potential.

Liked the episode a lot but I won't lie, I think they crammed a bit too much stuff into this episode.

Laurel being with Blood out of nowhere, Laurel's Dad getting messed up and his partner killed, Oliver recovering from a huge beating/blood coagulation/rat poison almost instantly, Shado dying, Roy being able to walk after being shot, Roy getting super powers, slade coming back to life, Slade revealed as the main badguy, and Barry also getting super powers.

I think most of it worked, but the flashback stuff lost some of its impact by rushing through it pretty quickly. Shado appearing as a ghost, then two pretty fast scenes setting up her death and then getting killed (other than being a super villain thing to do, it was kind of a random setup for her death IMO. Just a cheap trick to make Oliver feel guilty for her death without REALLY having anything to do with it.)

I loved everything about that episode except the forced Grundy line.

Diggle: "What about Cyrus!?"
Ollie: "Died on a Saturday, buried on a Sunday"

Me: ...but Ollie, it's Wednesday.

I'm sorry but that line was just so out of place, there had to be a better way to include the Grundy line or hint than that. At least it went by quickly like they just wanted to get past it and hurry back to the Awesome that was the rest of the episode, except the part where Roy somehow was 100% recovered and back in running shape moments after Diggle patched him up with the first aid kit. But I'm willing to move past that too.

Wiktor

Jesus...there was enough awesomeness to last two season finales in this episode.

SLADE!!!! :D

Flash!!! :D

Mask!!! :D

Shado!! ;( So sad, I wanted to be #TeamShado

I want Shadow to be thrown into Lazarus Pit and ressurected all twisted up in the head.

Barzul

Man the Flash origin was awesome. So will we see him in the Arrow Universe first a la The Originals pilot or is it a separate pilot?

Wiktor

Man the Flash origin was awesome. So will we see him in the Arrow Universe first a la The Originals pilot or is it a separate pilot?

Separate pilot. Good choice too. Originals handled this pretty poorly. This way we got the character established in Arrow, but not the superhero.

This show is amazing. I don't like how they handled Shado's death. If this beef Slade has with Ollie is over Shado then I don't understand, because Ollie loved her just as much as he did.

Barzul

This show is amazing. I don't like how they handled Shado's death. If this beef Slade has with Ollie is over Shado then I don't understand, because Ollie loved her just as much as he did.

Ollie made a mistake not speaking up, can't say I blame him after just watching Slade rip a guys heart out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom