• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
"Once he has lost everyone and everything he values....
deathstroke-arrow-cw-4bbja.jpg

I will drive an arrow through his eye.
"

I immediately recalled that scene from the pilot. :) Cant wait to see that fight on the island. Maybe they will show it at the end of S2.

markatisu

So are they going to pull a full on Batman with Arrow? If not, then how in the hell do they intend to Ollie face down super powered foes with arrows?

Time for more outlandish trick arrows perhaps?

The same way Ollie does in the comics I guess? I mean neither him or Batman have super powers and do just fine. But Ollie has always been awesome when in a JL like group so I assume that is what they are moving this towards with the rumors of Nightwing, etc.

MartyStu

The same way Ollie does in the comics I guess? I mean neither him or Batman have super powers and do just fine. But Ollie has always been awesome when in a JL like group so I assume that is what they are moving this towards with the rumors of Nightwing, etc.

In the comics, heroes without powers are usually extremely well equipped, exceptionally brilliant, physically gifted, or filthy rich.

Batman is all of the above. Comic-Arrow covers most of these and TV-Arrow even less.

Malmorian

Wow. Just wow.

This show keeps delivering like nothing else i've seen. CW deserves top points for this show's direction and writing. Not to mention Crixus being a straight up baller. What a great choice for Deathstroke!

Penguin

Arrow is on track for a full series. It's one of only four shows on The CW that averages near or above a 1.0, which for the CW is a huge success.

I hope it doesn't become like Supernatural, which just keeps going and going (though to be fair haven't seen past season 6 so maybe its still good)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Jesus, this show has really stepped up its game. I am now actually excited about the Flash series and the kid playing Barry Allen.

edit: ^^^ season 9 has kinda been a return to force with a monster-of-the-week and a bigger story in the background.

After a season and a half of them making Green Arrow a B++ character,
the handling of the universe, all the references and finally that Flash origin
I would definitely want the core showrunners involved in shaping up the DC cinematic universe, get on it WB.
Nah. Supes/WWBats are off limits, everyone else is fair game. If nightwing appears, he will most likely say that Bats is retired/dead/captyred by Ra's/etc.
we don't know that anymore actually. last season everything Batman related(well B tier and up) was off limits now they are name dropping Ra's left and right.

it depends how close or far away WB wants this from the cinematic universe.

Tabby

Kreisberg said:
But it's always important to remember -- like with "Arrow," everybody wants Batman to come on and whatnot, but Arrow has to be the coolest person on "Arrow." The same thing with "The Flash" -- Barry has to be the coolest person.
Yeah, doesn't seem likely folks.

Yeah, doesn't seem likely folks.
Thats why you use Nightwing, directly acknowledges Batman but you don't have to worry about him overpowering Green Arrow.

at the same time though you can't have Ollie solo a direct Batman villain like Ra's
Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, somebody Batman related also needs to be involved.

DieH@rd

Banned
This season of Arrow reminds me a lot of Young Justice S1. Serious characters, serious commitment to comic book lore, great production values. They are making a comic book show for audience who grew up with comics, and for audience that know how to spot bullshit.

Omega

Banned
I'm not sure I like the Miracuru thing. It doesn't really fit in with the DCU, it seems more Marvel/Super-Soldier Serum to me. It would have been better had they discovered a Venom pre-cursor or something like that.

maybe it is a venom precursor

"Once he has lost everyone and everything he values....
deathstroke-arrow-cw-4bbja.jpg

I will drive an arrow through his eye.
"

I immediately recalled that scene from the pilot. :) Cant wait to see that fight on the island. Maybe they will show it at the end of S2.

hopefully but I doubt it. didn't someone post a while back that the producers said they were gonna keep the flashbacks going until the show ends

Sheroking

I would actually get pissed.

Season 5 rolls around Joker shows up, Ollie takes him out also.
Catwoman shows up, Ollie's love interest
Talia? Ollie bangs her, Damian Queen incoming.

The DCU often "shares" villains. I don't think Ollie would kill Ra's, out of respect to Ra's story being more involved with Batman, but fighting off the League of Assassin's? I don't see why not.

It's not like we're talking about Joker here.

anaron

I'm fine with Ollie and Barry being the Batman/Superman of this universe. If Ollie takes out R'as, I'm cool with that.
Same.

The shows will be able to get away with so much more too due to not having the expectations and baggage Batman and Superman would.

...but they can bring in Wonder Woman, IDGAF

The DCU often "shares" villains. I don't think Ollie would kill Ra's, out of respect to Ra's story being more involved with Batman, but fighting off the League of Assassin's? I don't see why not.

It's not like we're talking about Joker here.

only mean direct A & B level enemies
Deadshot, Firefly, Royal Flush, Slade, etc don't really count.

fighting him off a few times is fine, killing Ra's isn't.
even then if a Batman enemy is openly up to something, its his job to stop it.

Mario007

nonono

WB already gave these showrunners a chance and they fucked up incredibly with Green Lantern. Keep them on TV.
To be fair they wrote just one draft for GL. They are obviously good at building a universe though. So I'd say if Flash pans out they should be involved with creating the DCU or at least be in charge of TV DCU.

VeeP

Is it just me or did Slade develop extremely strong feelings for Shado relatively quickly? I mean, it just wasn't developed well IMO.

I wished Slade and Ollie had more of a bromance going, but I guess we knew he was gonna end up a bad guy.

Still, I wonder whatever happened to Slade's kid.

Is it just me or did Slade develop extremely strong feelings for Shado relatively quickly? I mean, it just wasn't developed well IMO.

I wished Slade and Ollie had more of a bromance going, but I guess we knew he was gonna end up a bad guy.

Its a syndrome where the arent many girls around. I felt it going to school in a small college in Arkansas and when working at Walmart. It changes you...

Its not just you. I really liked Slade too. Seemed like the most obvious thing to do with him too. Shame.

L1NETT

I'm fine with Ollie and Barry being the Batman/Superman of this universe. If Ollie takes out R'as, I'm cool with that.

Hmmm not sure if I would tbh. Can see it working maybe.

Weird thought, but out of Batman's more famous rogues, I think the ones (if DC are up to giving more to Arrow) can see fitting (and not being used in moviveverse) best into Arrow are Riddler and Zsasz. Strike me as slotting in quite nicely to the themes and type of show Arrow has set up.

Also a massive troll would be if Bruce Wayne does turn up, but it turns out to be Hush. Mwhhahahaha

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Roy getting powers is ehhhhh.

Too many supers around Ollie is going to make him look like a bitch on his own show.

Yeah this is my only concern, too many superpowers going around in too little time. I guess he still beat the shit out of a super up Cyrus and presumably Slade on the island.

Tabby

To be fair they wrote just one draft for GL. They are obviously good at building a universe though. So I'd say if Flash pans out they should be involved with creating the DCU or at least be in charge of TV DCU.
I've heard that the first draft was decent though, it was only when someone else got involved that it got worse.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Consequence of how fast paced this show is. Most of the time it works in their favor, but things like Slade/Shado and Moira's trial feel really rushed.

Hope we do see Ravager show up. Especially if it's Rose. Dat CW casting.

Tabby

Is it just me or did Slade develop extremely strong feelings for Shado relatively quickly? I mean, it just wasn't developed well IMO. I wished Slade and Ollie had more of a bromance going, but I guess we knew he was gonna end up a bad guy.
There was a 5 months gap between Season 1 and 2. In my experience it's plenty of time to develop strong feelings.

Mario007

Yeah this is my only concern, too many superpowers going around in too little time. I guess he still beat the shit out of a super up Cyrus and presumably Slade on the island.
Exactly. Ollie has now beat a super-powered guy twice. He's well able to handle his own after those 5 years on the island. Speaking of which I hope we see more Ollie working out and training on the island so that it's more believable he's so good.
I've heard that the first draft was decent though, it was only when someone else got involved that it got worse.
Same here and going by the quality that Arrow has had so far, I'm inclined to believe that the showrunners did a good job writting the first draft.

Van Owen

Banned

Can't believe he beat up Slade on the island and Malcom was able to kick his ass handily during their first encounters.

DieH@rd

Banned
hopefully but I doubt it. didn't someone post a while back that the producers said they were gonna keep the flashbacks going until the show ends

Yes, 5 years on the island, presumably told in 5 seasons of the show. Producers said that the last episode of Arrow will coincide with the flashback of Olie leaving the island.

Can't believe he beat up Slade on the island and Malcom was able to kick his ass handily during their first encounters.

Slade forced Ollie to engage in beast mode. He was rusty when fighting Malcolm. That's my assumption. Plus, Malcolm is a fucking boss.

Plus, we don't know if Ollie beat Slade in a fair one on one fight. He did shoot his eye out.

Tabby

Slade forced Ollie to engage in beast mode. He was rusty when fighting Malcolm. That's my assumption. Plus, Malcolm is a fucking boss.

Plus, we don't know if Ollie beat Slade in a fair one on one fight. He did shoot his eye out.
It's possible he was holding back against Malcolm because of Tommy.

They seem to suggest that Ollie was losing and had to resort to stabbing his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom