• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Search your feelings...
searchyourfeelings4dslq.jpg

ixhbh0SUegqy0.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This show has gotten so gooooooooood

I think a better way to put it, it's come into it's own.

It was a very competent fast moving show in season 1. But it's turning into the best super hero based show that has been on television.

I think a better way to put it, it's come into it's own.

It was a very competent fast moving show in season 1. But it's turning into the best super hero based show that has been on television.

I would go so far as to say its even better than most super hero movies.
I have enjoyed these last 2 hours more than any recent super hero movie besides Batman & Avengers.

Chuckie

This show just gets more awesome and awesome!

Highlights for me:

- Solomon Grundy, born on a monday... you just knew it was going to happen...but seeing the acid/drugs in his face was a 'hell yeah' moment.
- Barry Allens accident. Nicely done! We were waiting for it, it didn't disappoint
- The new mask, it looks much better that the green paint. I hope he will be called The Green Arrow soon though.
- Deathstroke was a fucking boss. He looked so awesome with his eyepatch.

Snake

This goddamn episode. Jaws were dropped. Bricks were shat. Fun was had.

Impressions:
- First of all, I would light your menorah any day Felicity.
- Man, I can't even go over the rest of the points of interest because there was about one for every minute of its runtime. Goddamn.

That's what I call a midseason finale.

Really wish they would decide to connect this to the movie Universe.

The world is near perfect (besides lacking Metropolis and Gotham), Stephen Amell as Green Arrow is near perfect, Grant Gustin as Barry is near perfect(Flash to be seen) and
Manu Bennett Slade is perfection.

Huntress is the only screw up this show has has so far
besides killing Shado

Emwitus

Man, I knew there was more to the story than just the Arrow guys botching Green Lantern.

Let those guys be in charge of the DCTVU and DCCU.

On a separate note, I wonder if anyone would be up for Tom Welling to have a guest spot on Arrow as a villain. He played a good villain on Smallville... when he was being a villain.

ALSO, AMAZING IDEA.

Get Jensen Ackles to play a mysterious and psychotic vigilante known as THE RED HOOD. He has come to Starling and started an insane war. The character can still be maintained while the connections to Gotham and Batman are downplayed.

c7960636-105a-4f34-a2e9-02d6fd66afc4-jensen.jpg

You know, i'm with you here but i'd rather they connect the smallivllle universe and arrow. I'm not kidding. But instead of using clark they use lex. Who says no to rosenbaum on arrow? WHO SAYS NO?

LexLuthor2Gif.gif

I know people hate on it, but boy do i miss the lionel/lex smallville banter days. :(

tumblr_leoh5aptuo1qeidy7o1_500.gif

NaviLink

Saw this last night, I'm impressed how much I'm enjoying this show. That mid season finale set up so much stuff it's not even funny. We're in for a treat.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
*phew*
I'm so. Excited. For whatever comes next. The Flash, The Arrow's Mask. I'm so glad this hits all my DC lover notes that I don't notice any of the negatives. But alas, people here know and speculate more than I do, so I must stay away.

Wiktor

Can't believe he beat up Slade on the island and Malcom was able to kick his ass handily during their first encounters.

Oliver lacked the will to win on the level of Malcolm. He was faster, stronger and was shown to be better archer and yet he still lost, because Malcolm has simply stronger will to win.

Clevinger

The asian reporter seemed quite old. Isn't Wally West a young sidekick of the Flash?

Like Sara, I bet they'll recast her if she ever becomes relevant to the show and their plans.

BTW, get ready for the nerd outrage when we get a black-skinned Wally West

Tabby

Agreed. It started really terrible this season but it got better and better. The last episode was its peek imo.
I still think League of Assassins is the best episode.
The arc with The Canary was great.
Favourite moment of the show was when Oliver found out who The Canary was.

Overall a brilliant ep, I'm so hyped for next week! Speaking of which, I definitely think that looks like Slade in Starling in the extended promo. Not sure if it's really him or a hallucination though. If he is just imaginary then he is the third ghost. Shado is ghost of the past, which tells me she did die on the island. Tommy is ghost of present, as he died most recently and is still kinda haunting Ollie, keeping him not killing people. Slade ghost of future because he is due to turn up in Starling for real at some point.

I don't think they'll wait for the end of the island arc for that either, they have to bring him in sooner. I'm quite happy with the island arc lasting 5 seasons, I think there's a lot more they can do with it.

I think I was pretty spot on with my prediction last week!

Ok so I have a thought. I don't know a lot about the comic-verse, does Red Arrow have super powers? If not, then I'm thinking that Roy could actually be a massive red herring, he gets killed which prompts Thea to actually become Speedy.

Patryn

Has Wally even shown up in the New 52? Last I saw, it seemed like Geoff Johns was deliberately avoiding Wally showing up, likely in an attempt to continue to shore up support for Barry.

I wouldn't be shocked if they ignore his existence here as well.

gazele

Banned
John
Stewart
Diggle?

Man, Roy with powers caught me completely off guard. Can't wait to see how they handle that, he has tons of potential.

oh shiiii...yes, that would be awesome

Interested to see how they do the flash suit on a TV budget...

ReiGun

Ok so I have a thought. I don't know a lot about the comic-verse, does Red Arrow have super powers? If not, then I'm thinking that Roy could actually be a massive red herring, he gets killed which prompts Thea to actually become Speedy.
No powers, but it's important to note that in the comics, Roy was a drug addict.

No powers, but it's important to note that in the comics, Roy was a drug addict.

True, but from what we've seen so far with Slade and Cyrus, neither of them needed any more than one injection of Miracuru, so what makes you think Roy will become addicted to it?

ReiGun

True, but from what we've seen so far with Slade and Cyrus, neither of them needed any more than one injection of Miracuru, so what makes you think Roy will become addicted to it?

Maybe Roy has a different batch that needs repeated injections? I don't know, but the whole set up for doing Roy's drug addiction plot is too perfect for me not to think that's where they're going.

Clevinger

Well, Slade had the real deal. Roy and that other doofus are getting some wannabe version of MIRAKURU they make out of Slade's blood.

That fact + Roy's junkie comic story means (IMO) he'll almost certainly need regular doses to keep his powers and possibly not die. Supernatural did a really similar story to this.

edit:

If not, then I'm thinking that Roy could actually be a massive red herring, he gets killed which prompts Thea to actually become Speedy.

I wish. I'm completely on the "Make Thea Ollie's Sidekick" bandwagon now.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

6XBPxql.gif

Well, Slade had the real deal. Roy and that other doofus are getting some wannabe version of MIRAKURU they make out of Slade's blood.

That fact + Roy's junkie comic story means (IMO) he'll almost certainly need regular doses to keep his powers and possibly not die. Supernatural did a really similar story to this.

It will only be worth it if Roy sucks down on Slade's wrists for his fix, or keeps killing the super soldier dudes to get their blood then.

I hated the demon blood shit from Supernatural.

ReiGun

The only thing with Thea becoming Speedy is I don't buy for a second that Ollie would train her or let her go out and be a vigilante. He's nuttier than a bag of wet cats, but Thea's safety has always been a top priority for him.

I suppose Sara could train her whenever she gets back. Or Merlyn, if he ever gets away from my man Ra's.

Clevinger

It will only be worth it if Roy sucks down on Slade's wrists for his fix, or keeps killing the super soldier dudes to get their blood then.

I hated the demon blood shit from Supernatural.

Yeah. The main positive thing is that it means Roy's powers won't be permanent.
Hopefully him breathing isn't permanent either.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The only thing with Thea becoming Speedy is I don't buy for a second that Ollie would train her or let her go out and be a vigilante. He's nuttier than a bag of wet cats, but Thea's safety has always been a top priority for him.

I suppose Sara could train her whenever she gets back. Or Merlyn, if he ever gets away from my man Ra's.

Something just went off inside my lizard brain.

Tabby

Maybe Thea will die prompting Roy to become Arsenal.
I don't see her character going anywhere other than to date Roy and manage Verdant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom