• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I have a thought. I don't know a lot about the comic-verse, does Red Arrow have super powers? If not, then I'm thinking that Roy could actually be a massive red herring, he gets killed which prompts Thea to actually become Speedy.

Yeah. The main positive thing is that it means Roy's powers won't be permanent.
Hopefully him breathing isn't permanent either.

Rise+of+the+Planet+of+the+Apes1.gif

Oliver lacked the will to win on the level of Malcolm. He was faster, stronger and was shown to be better archer and yet he still lost, because Malcolm has simply stronger will to win.

not sure these were shown, Malcolm kicked his butt every time they fought and even in the last fight he only won at the last moment because of an arrow sitting on the ground.

Wiktor

not sure these were shown, Malcolm kicked his butt every time they fought and even in the last fight he only won at the last moment because of an arrow sitting on the ground.

Malcom has said Oliver is younger, stronger and faster. And during their first fight Oliver was shown to be a lot faster archer. But he still lost.

Fantastic episode in every way!!! A favorite part I have not seen mentioned was Felicity's reaction to learning about Shadow. She recoils and says" First Sarah, now Sado? You sure the island was not Fantasy Island?!?" Emily Bett Rickards just nailed the delivery, I was rolling at that point.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
EBR has some of the best comedic timing on TV. I love how she she never oversells it, too. Arrow wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without her.

Wiktor

There were a lot of great little moments that got lost in sea of balls to the wall awesomeness. Like Barry's scared "Mr Quinn" just after bashing Olie :D

Malcom has said Oliver is younger, stronger and faster. And during their first fight Oliver was shown to be a lot faster archer. But he still lost.

mm clearly has more fighting skill and tactical ability (as shown in their first archery fight and every time they fight hand to hand)

which is why its pretty funny that oliver pretty much used a trick (flash bang arrow) to gain the upper hand in their final fight (even if it only gave him the upper hand for a moment)

but in comic book fiction skill generally puts someone above someone stronger unless they have super strength or super speed

Fantastic episode in every way!!! A favorite part I have not seen mentioned was Felicity's reaction to learning about Shadow. She recoils and says" First Sarah, now Sado? You sure the island was not Fantasy Island?!?" Emily Bett Rickards just nailed the delivery, I was rolling at that point.

i'm not sure why she just assumed shadow was attractive, its not like she has ever met or seen a picture of shado

Chuckie

Funny you mention that. It was the only part of the episode that I didn't like. So cringeworthy. How insecure can you get. Making a bitchy comment on some girl who died.

Funny you mention that. It was the only part of the episode that I didn't like. So cringeworthy. How insecure can you get. Making a bitchy comment on some girl who died.

That's what Ollie should have said.

"She's dead, Felicity. Murdered, cause of me."

"Ooooooooooops...."

just for fun I would argue it does not...
if it knew its audience well I'd have a Blu-ray copy of the first season by now but because I don't want this on my shelf...
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ArrowBluRay.jpg
ah well

The abs are there to inspire you.

Rise.

Up the salmon ladder.

Omega

Banned
are people really surprised that a girl that likes a guy is jealous that the guy has been with multiple other women instead of her?

So I just watched the last episode and HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. This show is so fucking good. I don't know how it manages to walk the line of gritty reality, comic book craziness, and fan service but it does. SO much craziness!

• Grundy was actually pretty scary. Probably because he's the first super powered dude anyone's had to deal with on this show. I was actually scared for Diggle for a sec there and his frantic desperate escape was the perfect cap on that scene.
  • Didn't expect Grundy to take out the detective cop. I think that surprised me more than it should have because I only realized this episode that that's the soldier dude from Continuum.
  • Grundy getting splashed with...stuff! Can't wait to see how that turns out.
  • They fucking nailed the Flash origin accident. How does a show that literally has no hint of super powers it's entire first season manage to pull that off so well?! Especially tonally.
  • Really anything involving Barry. Dude is so fun to watch. If you had told me I'd be hotly anticipating a Flash spinoff from a relatively realistic take on a Green Arrow TV show a few years ago, I would have laughed in your face.
  • Sado getting unceremoniously shot in the back of the head!!
  • Roy getting Mirakued!
  • Fucking eypatch Slade reveal!
  • Super Slade wrecking everyone on the island!
  • Arrow Mask!!!!

God I love this show.

Chuckie

are people really surprised that a girl that likes a guy is jealous that the guy has been with multiple other women instead of her?

No I am surprised she makes a snark remark when he talks about a ghost (implying she died).

The way to a guy's heart is seldom reached by being bitchy about a deceased ex-lover.

Grundy getting splashed with...stuff! Can't wait to see how that turns out.

I think that actually changes him from Cyrus into Solomon.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hahaha. HAHAHA. Royspoilers.

SHOT UP | For Roy, surviving Brother Blood’s injection is both a blessing – being alive: yay! – and a curse, as Slade’s troubling journey reveals. “What’s fun for us as writers is we see what Roy’s potential is to go down that dark path, too,” says Kreisberg. “It’s a deep-seated anger inside of you that lets you survive the transformation.” But it’s best not to let that rage get the better of you, so “One of the fun things that will be happening in the back half of the year is [Roy's] relationship with the Arrow and how that changes and how the Arrow basically makes it his mission to not let Roy go down the Slade path. That takes some interesting twists and turns.”

Bring the dead kittens already.

Wiktor

No I am surprised she makes a snark remark when he talks about a ghost (implying she died).

The way to a guy's heart is seldom reached by being bitchy about a deceased ex-lover.

Ermm..but he didn't say anything about ghosts. Nothing he said suggested to Felicity the girl was dead.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
My Holiday gift to you all. I give you my magnum opus titled "Smoaked Feet."

Officer Lance sat at his desk looking over the flood of paperwork that needed attention when suddenly his mind went blank and then She appeared, just a quick glimpse of blond hair. Lance could not shake her beauty out of his head, he was fixated and it consumed him. He spent the next hour looking over the same report over and over. In his present state, Detective Lance was useless so he decided to call it a night. He knew what he had to do. He left the police station in a hurry and drove to the blond beauty’s apartment. She was just walking up to the front door when he decided he could not just sit by and let her consume him. He crossed the street and ran towards the blond beauty as she opened the door.
“Ms. Smoak!” Lance called out. She turned around and was clearly startled. “Oh…sorry didn’t mean to scare you.”
“Oh it’s perfectly ok. I mean it’s you and not some crazy homicidal maniac…unless you are a homicidal maniac.”
“I assure I’m not a maniac, Ms. Smoak,” he smiled reassuring at her. She smiled back with that gorgeous smile of hers. “I actually have to talk to you about something. Mind If I come in?” He looked towards the wide open front door.
“Oh of course not. Come in please, its better no one sees us together.” She led him inside to her apartment door and undid the lock. Felicity’s apartment was spotless and warming with plush animals lined up in perfect order on her couch.
“I have important information about the man that calls himself Blood.” Lance spoke to her as he walked around the living room picking up random figurines that were on tables and shelves.
“Oh? What about him?” She walked over towards him clearly intrigued. She had been busy all week trying to crack the mystery of Brother Blood. Suddenly Lance turned around and sprayed something in her face. Felicity felt drowsy and soon blacked out.
Felicity woke up on her bed fully clothed but bond tightly with rope. What happened? Were we robbed? She remembered Lance was in her house. Is he OK? She called out his name but there was no answer. She began to feel nervous that something bad was about to happen when her bedroom door opened and in walked Lance.
“Detective Lance…I mean Officer Lance, thank goodness you’re alive.” She sighed in relief.
“Hi, there Ms. Smoak,” he said with a big grin on his face. Felicity had a bad feeling about this. Lance stood there admiring what he saw. Ms. Smoak was wearing a tight fitting dress that just accentuated her gorgeous figure. She was still wearing her glass with her blond hair loose from that restrictive braid she sometimes wore. But what fixated Lance most was the fact she was wearing stockings and red high heels. The sight made Lance weak in the knees. He began to shiver with anticipation as he kneeled in front of her feet.
Lance took off her heels one by one and admired her feet. So perfect. My GOD! Lance then grabbed her feet and placed them in his face in order to take in their amazing aroma. The sweat was ever so sweet. He just could not get enough. “Your feet, they’re so delicious!” He took off her stockings and looked down at her pale beautiful soles and suddenly an idea struck him. Lace got up and left the room.
“Lance?! You can’t leave me like this!” she began to panic when suddenly he came back with a feather in his hand and something else but she could not make out what it was. “No, please I’m very ticklish.”
“I was hoping you’d say that, Ms. Smoak.” He kneeled in front of her feet and took the feather and brushed it lightly over her soles. Felicity began to laugh hysterically. “Now where shall these piggies go?” He took the big toes and wiggled it all the way down to the station. The next he took to the club, the third he took to a nice restaurant. The fourth he took to Big Belly Burger. “And this little piggy went all the way into my mouth,” he took her little toes and placed it in his mouth and sucked on it.
“Please…no…no more. I can’t take it,” she said in between bursts of laughter. He stopped at that.
“We’ll take a break. I’m beginning to get hungry hope you don’t mind if I have a Smoak Peanut Butter Feet Sandwich.” He held up a jar of extra crunchy peanut butter for her to see. He undid the lid and using a spoon scooped some up and spread it all over the soles of her feet. “That looks good, does it not?”
He licked a little up and then more and more. The mixture of the peanut butter and the sweat created the perfect combination. He licked the peanut butter from her soles and from between her toes. I guess it was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich after all he mused to himself. Felicity wasn't able to stifle her laughter and that just excited Lance even more. Upon finishing Lance used a towel to clean up his face which was covered in peanut butter. He had never had a meal so exquisite before. Her soles were like a never ending buffet one that he was sure to revisit. Lance was saddened he could not stay for dessert. He had brought whip cream to make a toe sundae but that would make the wait for his next meal all that more exciting.
Once they were clean he gave her some tea that would make her sleep and forget about all that just happened. As soon as Felicity was asleep he undid the rope and picked up the mess he made and left.
Lance entered his car and looked in the rear view mirror with the biggest smile before driving off.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Don't come to this thread much but the mid season finale was so awesome I thought I might as well see the reaction. Well lets just take a look at the recent pos....alrighty then. I'll just see myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom