• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario007

Slade forced Ollie to engage in beast mode. He was rusty when fighting Malcolm. That's my assumption. Plus, Malcolm is a fucking boss.

Plus, we don't know if Ollie beat Slade in a fair one on one fight. He did shoot his eye out.
Also it was said on the show that the League of Shadows training is above Oliver's. Olli wasn't sure what to expect and what he was fighting when suddenly a new archer showed up.

Also, this is really exciting. We basically have 4 different villains and 3 different storylines for the next half of the season- we've got Malcom and the Dark Archer storyline, Ra's al Ghul and League of Shadow storyline and Broother Blood and Deathstroke storyline. My bet is that Deathstroke is the lead villain this season (both on the island and in Starling City). Ra's will be used to get Laurel into Canary mode and Malcom will bide his time to come back like a true villain in the later seasons.

Rokam

Also it was said on the show that the League of Shadows training is above Oliver's. Olli wasn't sure what to expect and what he was fighting when suddenly a new archer showed up.

Also, this is really exciting. We basically have 4 different villains and 3 different storylines for the next half of the season- we've got Malcom and the Dark Archer storyline, Ra's al Ghul and League of Shadow storyline and Broother Blood and Deathstroke storyline. My bet is that Deathstroke is the lead villain this season (both on the island and in Starling City). Ra's will be used to get Laurel into Canary mode and Malcom will bide his time to come back like a true villain in the later seasons.

You forgot HIVE.

Metalmarc

I'm gonna call it now: Arrow will kill off Diggle in season 3.

As the show gets more crowded in the superhero parts with Roy and Thea and possibly Laurel finding out and getting involved (and possibly Sara coming back full time), and as they need a new big shocking death, the arrow writers are gonna turn straight to the non-superpowered non-vigilante black dude first.

edit: btw, Laurel made Buzzfeed's top 16 cyberbullied female characters list (#12)

Nah i reckon diggle will become cyborg, and john diggle was just a cover name to hide his identiy
His real name was victor stone, and maybe they will play about with his origin story a bit

Or maybe not

Tabby

Nah i reckon diggle will become cyborg, and john diggle was just a cover name to hide his identiy
His real name was victor stone, and maybe they will play about with his origin story a bit

Or maybe not
If anything I can see Cyborg being in Flash.
Seeing as how STAR labs has already been referenced, and it won't be expensive to do either.

DominoKid

I would think that Diggle is safe (for a while at least) just because all the other black people on the show have been killed/written out.

I'd like to see his role grow into something like team strategist/coordinator (military experience) for when they deal with widespread threats like this Deathstroke Mirakuru army thing seems to be.

Since the discussion has turned to where characters will be in the future... Arrow-GAF will implode in a season or two when they
eventually kill off Felicity and Sara to simultaneously make Laurel Ollie's girlfriend and super hero partner.

Ithil

Since the discussion has turned to where characters will be in the future... Arrow-GAF will implode in a season or two when they
eventually kill off Felicity and Sara to simultaneously make Laurel Ollie's girlfriend and super hero partner.

cave-jump2zpvxyds2o.gif

cave-jump2zpvxyds2o.gif

That response. LOL!!!

It's gonna be along month to wait for new episodes. an even longer wait for the premier of The Flash, and I'm honestly excited for the future CW Superhero Wednesdays. Arrow & The Flash back to back.

although they will probably use Arrow to lead one of the other lesser known shows and give The Flash it's own night (the week after it's post Arrow Wednesday night premiere).

wildfire

Banned
Don't forget the mystery woman from the end of Season 1 who was in charge of Fyers.

This is a big spoiler but it makes sense once you think about it.

It's Amanda Waller.

The used a chekov's gun in season 1.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9905/chvv.png

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3610/w061.png

The female employer wore the exact same shoes when Waller officially introduces herself in season 2.

Waller's ultimate goal is to protect and advance the power of the United States. That's why she contracted Fyers to destabilize China's economy. While with her agencies resources she could theoretically learn about The Hood's identity in other ways but her knowledge of the island makes this extremely easy and obvious.

Same.

The shows will be able to get away with so much more too due to not having the expectations and baggage Batman and Superman would.

...but they can bring in Wonder Woman, IDGAF

I would rather have Zatanna just to turn the screws some more on the Big 3. In the first 2 seasons she is grounded as a stage performer searching for her father without any magical abilities. By season 3 after we have been introduced to the systems that govern the laws of magic she starts demonstrating magical prowess.

Barzul

Seriously Stephen Amell needs to make it to the big screen. He's been delivering as Green Arrow. I really loved that scene where he tries to explain to Thea that Roy getting shot was for his own good. The semi-exasperated look he had was so good, like why do I even have to explain this.

Beowulf28

Man they seriously need to merge the arrowverse into the man of steel universe. I need to see arrow and flash in a justice league movie!

Kard8p3

So, question about episode 6, does anyone know what Ollie says to the Russian to make him hand over the keys? lol. I know he says he said "please" but I doubt that's what he really said ;)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Highlights of the episode:
  • Shado getting offed. I'm sorry for the stans, but her character had to go and I'm glad the show did it in the most nonchalant manner. Mercy is for the lesser shows. She did her part and she did it well.
  • Ollie is still a mad person.
  • Detective Chesthair living to see another day.
  • Ollie's pacifist attitude continues to be rather flexible.
  • Boss Deathstroke (even if she looks really weird in a suit).
  • Action scenes continue to be great. Some of the wirework was iffy, but the cinematography is well above the average.
  • Diggle being a smarter cat than Ollie and BAILING THE FUCK OUT when he realised he was in for an asskicking.
  • Music continues to be on damn point.
  • The Flash transformation was done in a very satisfactory way.

Not so awesome:
  • Roy the Mirakuru junkie.
Also, does anybody else think that Manu would make for a badass OG Nick Fury?

- Slade wants to Rafa Felicity... oh man
I laughed so damn hard. That's the stuff of the Tumblrs right there.

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sulik2

Holy crap this episode of Arrow was amazing. Fantastic choreography as usual. Laurel didn't suck. Flash origins, masks, Solomon Grundy, Deathstroke. So much amazing stuff. Chesthair fighting. Awesome stuff

I've heard that the first draft was decent though, it was only when someone else got involved that it got worse.

Green Lantern's original script was much more different from what got filmed. There was supposed to be a lot more of Sinestro training Jordan. Parallax was not supposed to be revealed until he stopped Hammond.The ending was supposed to be very different. Hal, Sinestro, Tomar-Re and Kilowag disobeying the Guardians and going to Earth to fight Parallax together. All the info about the early script would have made a way better movie. Then even what they filmed was butchered by execs.

Rokam

So, question about episode 6, does anyone know what Ollie says to the Russian to make him hand over the keys? lol. I know he says he said "please" but I doubt that's what he really said ;)

It was something along the lines of I'll make your children and all your men's children orphans.

Holy crap this episode of Arrow was amazing. Fantastic choreography as usual. Laurel didn't suck. Flash origins, masks, Solomon Grundy, Deathstroke. So much amazing stuff. Chesthair fighting. Awesome stuff

Green Lantern's original script was much more different from what got filmed. There was supposed to be a lot more of Sinestro training Jordan. Parallax was not supposed to be revealed until he stopped Hammond.The ending was supposed to be very different. Hal, Sinestro, Tomar-Re and Kilowag disobeying the Guardians and going to Earth to fight Parallax together. All the info about the early script would have made a way better movie. Then even what they filmed was butchered by execs.

Oh, man. That sounds awesome. :( Such a shame, as a properly made Green Lantern movie would kick ass from here to right over there.
Now my hopes are on Guardians of the Galaxy for a crazy comic book space film.

Man they seriously need to merge the arrowverse into the man of steel universe. I need to see arrow and flash in a justice league movie!

I'd rather they didn't. The TV universe seems a lot more fun than the cinematic one. They don't have any restrictions. Plus, I like that Amell anchors the DCTVU so well. They'd shortshrift him in the CU.

iljyFAeH3ygI0.gif

Man, I knew there was more to the story than just the Arrow guys botching Green Lantern.

Let those guys be in charge of the DCTVU and DCCU.

On a separate note, I wonder if anyone would be up for Tom Welling to have a guest spot on Arrow as a villain. He played a good villain on Smallville... when he was being a villain.

ALSO, AMAZING IDEA.

Get Jensen Ackles to play a mysterious and psychotic vigilante known as THE RED HOOD. He has come to Starling and started an insane war. The character can still be maintained while the connections to Gotham and Batman are downplayed.

c7960636-105a-4f34-a2e9-02d6fd66afc4-jensen.jpg

Tabby

Get Jensen Ackles to play a mysterious and psychotic vigilante known as THE RED HOOD. He has come to Starling and started an insane war. The character can still be maintained while the connections to Gotham and Batman are downplayed.

That would be great to see in season 3.
Have Nightwing guest star as well while this is all going on.

Was it ever leaked online?
I'd love to read up on it.
It's a shame then. The Final GL movie made it out like they're terrible writers.

Subitai

Oh the pain of Jest's truth... =(

Also, it will happen to each separately. Not looking forward to this at all. Now that I think about it, I may stop watching if Laurel's character progression doesn't warrant it.

Magwik

Banned
Man, I knew there was more to the story than just the Arrow guys botching Green Lantern.

Let those guys be in charge of the DCTVU and DCCU.

On a separate note, I wonder if anyone would be up for Tom Welling to have a guest spot on Arrow as a villain. He played a good villain on Smallville... when he was being a villain.

ALSO, AMAZING IDEA.

Honestly, I cannot see anyone doing better than Jensen as Red Hood. He did such a fantastic job as the VA and he would probably be able to pull it off in live action too.

Sometimes tweeting to people does work! At least Bryan Fuller knows about GAF suggestion of Ray Stevenson for Francis Dollarhyde/The Red Dragon for Hannibal. I tweeted to the Arrow Writers Room about The Red Hood.

Jensen Ackles for Hawkguy, plz. Sorry, but I can't unseen it.

He can pull double duty.

He'd nail both characters easily.

I just realized... they haven't mentioned at all what happened to the Starling District Attorney after he got turned into a junkie on national television by a murderous psychotic. Poor Paul. Never gets a break.

Also, I'd love to see Colin Ferguson guest on Arrow. He plays a great, creepy villain on Haven.

Haven-ColinFerguson.jpg

He actually becomes insanely creepy and horrific. Ferguson does a great job.

I just realized... they haven't mentioned at all what happened to the Starling District Attorney after he got turned into a junkie on national television by a murderous psychotic. Poor Paul. Never gets a break.

Also, I'd love to see Colin Ferguson guest on Arrow. He plays a great, creepy villain on Haven.

Haven-ColinFerguson.jpg

Actors that usually play goofy or very likable can make VERY creepy and unsettling villains. Just look at Peter Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West.

Clevinger

also The Count had a fight with and is murdered by the vigilante in Oliver Queen's office at Queen Consolidated and no one even mentions it.

Magwik

Banned

Haven-ColinFerguson.jpg

Considering my love for Eureka I am all for Colin Ferguson in Arrow. Could make a very creepy villain.

This episode won me over for the Barry. The final scene with him was well done, when it could of easily been way overblown. Really have enjoyed the season up to this point. We won't get another episode until February, will we? Damn it.

It's funny, the girlfriend and I have been watching (rewatching for me) Smallville, and the comparison between the shows is night and day. I remember when they announced an Arrow show, I was a little disappointed it wasn't a spinoff on Smallville. Of course, that was the greatest decision of all time, but I was naive at the time. The last two seasons of Smallville did a great job of incorporating comic book storylines and characters, but this show is without a doubt the best I've seen Live-action TV do with superhero material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom