• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
A friend told me:"Dude, watch Arrow! is actually good"

I watched the first episode and got hooked up. I love it can be quite cheesy at times but is good cheese instead of bad cheese.

also

<---- #TeamFelicity #Olicity

iWC9IALcJob6l.gif

moocow

I only started watching Arrow and Supernatural because I kept seeing these threads constantly pop up on the forum. Definitely was not disappointed with being lead there by GAF..... Can't say the same for Chuck :(

Tugatrix

I only started watching Arrow and Supernatural because I kept seeing these threads constantly pop up on the forum. Definitely was not disappointed with being lead there by GAF..... Can't say the same for Chuck :(

Chuck first season is almost perfect, the next seasons...well were a disaster.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm going to get shat on for this, but Chuck is only enjoyable if you FF to the parts where Yvonne is on screen. That already puts it heads and shoulders ahead of offensive drivel like Big Bang Theory, anyway.

moocow

How is that show?

It is really fun, the two male leads really play off each other well. It does get a little tedious at points because the show kind of loses a goal after the fourth season, but I still find it more than enjoyable to watch.

I tried to like chuck but found the premise to get really worn thin after a couple of episodes. The shipping stuff between him and Yvonne got tiring fast... I don't think there was a single season I wasn't disappointed with to be honest, although It might be cause I marathoned it through netflix.

DieH@rd

Banned
I dunno.

But. No. Time. Travel.

We already know that there will be time travel. Arrows' creators are smart enough to avoid bullshitting the comic book fans. That Flash origin story described Zoom's time travel scheme perfectly.

I dont expect it to be used much, maybe just that one time.

DieH@rd

Banned
Time travel gave us best season of a superhero show ever
HiroNakamura.png

but.... then alternate dimensions, time travel and fucking 10x alignment changes per characters finished off that show really quickly.

Its a shame Arrow never got its equivalent of the Heroes subway freezetime scene, scene that fired up entire social media with one phrase that really brought worldwide spotlight on the entire show. Heroes S1 was so fucking amazing. They did everything right except the final few minutes of season finale.

Ripclawe

Banned
you know what pisses me off about Heroes is they were ripping off comic book storylines and still screwed them up. It was ridiculous. Its all laid out and after season 1 it went straight to hell.

smr00

Banned
you know what pisses me off about Heroes is they were ripping off comic book storylines and still screwed them up. It was ridiculous. Its all laid out and after season 1 it went straight to hell.
Didn't season 2 get all kinds of fucked over because of the writers strike?

ReiGun

Is Flash still using the COSMIC THREADMILL to time travel? Because by the old gods and the new, I will laugh my ass off and then flip some comic book racks if it makes it to the show.

I'm not reading the current Flash series anymore, but when I was, he used it to siphon off excess Speed Force energy and ended up transported into the Speed Force. So it's still around.

Time travel gave us best season of a superhero show ever
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120530002955/dragonball/images/b/b8/HiroNakamura.png

but.... then alternate dimensions, time travel and fucking 10x alignment changes per characters finished off that show really quickly.

Its a shame Arrow never got its equivalent of the Heroes subway freezetime scene, scene that fired up entire social media with one phrase that really brought worldwide spotlight on the entire show. Heroes S1 was so fucking amazing. They did everything right except the final few minutes of season finale.

The worst shit ever in a tv show is what happened to that Irish girl with Peter.
fuck that shit

More like Brain Fuller leaving. He wrote one episode in S3 (or 4? can't even remember) and the difference was just light and day between standard fare at that point.

S3 "Cool snap", that episode was goodlike. I believed in the series again and actually S3 ending wasn't bad at all, then I learned he leaved again and just never bothered with S4.

Remeber reading a interview and how he had to fix all the planned plot because it sucked balls. lol

SD-Ness

So I haven't watched Arrow at all. I've been watching Agents of Shield but haven't been loving it. Is Arrow better overall? By which I mean: compelling?

ReiGun

So I haven't watched Arrow at all. I've been watching Agents of Shield but haven't been loving it. Is Arrow better overall? By which I mean: compelling?

In a word, yes.

This is where I should tell you that the show starts kind of rough - which is totally true - but I'm also going to say that even Arrow's first eight or so episodes are better than AoS's first eight, which was how long I watched SHIELD before dropping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom