• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

That's the way I see it. I don't feel like he chose anyone. He just threw himself in front of who Ivo was about to shoot. I think if the gun was pointed at Shado at that exact time he would have jumped in front of her instead.

Right. I took it as him trying to take the bullet and sacrifice himself to save them both. Sara was the one about to get shot, so he jumped in front of her.

That's the way I see it. I don't feel like he chose anyone. He just threw himself in front of who Ivo was about to shoot. I think if the gun was pointed at Shado at that exact time he would have jumped in front of her instead.

Exactly. He was just defending the person that was being directly threatened at the moment.

Yeah, I thought Oliver was trying to make the third choice: Offering himself to die in exchange for Sara and Shado. He wouldn't pick either one. He didn't jump in front of Sara, he jumped in front of the gun.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Shado's death is the gut punch that every drama worth its salt needs. I commend the writers for offing her like no thang.

No lingering drama, no boring love triangles dragged around for an eternity, no BS. Boom, headshot. And that was it.

jordisok

Yeah definitely one of the ones Oliver probably shouldn't beat himself up about too much
Slade will do that for him

Joni

Shado was too cool to be dead. I wish they kept her alive. I would have killed Sara and had the League of Shadows use a Lazarus Pit.
We already know Sara would die on the island and come back, so it is better to hit us in the gut by killing Shado. We thought Sara would die.

Right. I took it as him trying to take the bullet and sacrifice himself to save them both. Sara was the one about to get shot, so he jumped in front of her.
I thought that too.

Tabby

Shado's death is the gut punch that every drama worth its salt needs. I commend the writers for offing her like no thang.

No lingering drama, no boring love triangles dragged around for an eternity, no BS. Boom, headshot. And that was it.
Ehh, that's one of the only gripes I had with that episode.
Ivo shot her and that was it, no drama, no anything.
Made it feel like it wasn't a big deal.
isn't she a badass in the comics?

qJf2jWz.jpg

From Chesthairbook

c7ARxUl.jpg

Amell interview for Arrow Podcast, to be put online Christmas Day

I kind of liked that. TSCC did that kind of sudden unceremonious death for a major character and while it was a shock and you had hoped for a grand hero death, it felt realistic and grounded that a character would die so suddenly in that scenario

wildfire

Banned
I kind of liked that. TSCC did that kind of sudden unceremonious death for a major character and while it was a shock and you had hoped for a grand hero death, it felt realistic and grounded that a character would die so suddenly in that scenario

Brian Austin Green's death didn't break suspension of disbelief. Ivo pulling a TDK Joker's choice was hamfisted.

Qvoth

so i'm not a comic reader so plenty of times i gotta wiki up a character to find out who he is, like barry being flash, slade being deathstroke etc

never knew shado is another important-ish character in the comics though
so i'm guessing slade lost his right eye because of ollie? i mean why else would he specifically say that

1 month until the next episode :(

hoping for more superheroes to appear

oh and someone mentioned barry is mr freeze's son? wat? where'd that come from?

so i'm not a comic reader so plenty of times i gotta wiki up a character to find out who he is, like barry being flash, slade being deathstroke etc

so i'm guessing slade lost his right eye because of ollie? i mean why else would he specifically say that

Lol, no. Barry's mom and Freeze's wife have the same first name, Nora. They're different people.

Assuming flashback Oliver and flashback Slade are still stuck on the island a while longer and are still friends for now, I assume Oliver becomes the badass he is by practicing against super solider serum Slade.

Skunkers

Rewatching the whole series after getting the S1 DVDs, noticing some little details and in-jokes I didn't pick up on before; for example, in S2E3 Felicity calls Oliver and tells him to turn on the news, Ollie has Thea turn on channel 52 = New 52.

tim1138

Rewatching the whole series after getting the S1 DVDs, noticing some little details and in-jokes I didn't pick up on before; for example, in S2E3 Felicity calls Oliver and tells him to turn on the news, Ollie has Thea turn on channel 52 = New 52.

Channel 52 and Bethany Snow as the anchor are both a reference to back matter in all DC comics now. They do a newscast that talks about a story arc going on in one of the books.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
just found this on netflix, me and the wife working our way through season one.

we're really enjoying it. It's essentially batman that murders people.

as we haven't finished watching, I'm not reading the thread, but the show rocks!

Tabby

Yeah, I'm rewatching Season 1 on Bluray and there are a lot of hints towards season 2.
  • Coast City "I'll be home in a flash".
  • Bludhaven easter eggs, and rumours that the creators are planning to add Nightwing.
  • In the episode where mama Lance shows up, Laurel says something to Oliver about how her mom thinks Sara is alive and Oliver opens his
    mouth like he has something to say.
  • Some of the villians say something along the lines of "You kill too, what's the difference between you and me". The Huntress says it and so does the guy who kidnaps Roy.

Makes me wonder what sort of easter eggs there is in season 2 that hints to what happens in season 3.
But then agian, it's possible I'm just reading too much into it.

Lol, no. Barry's mom and Freeze's wife have the same first name, Nora. They're different people.

Yeah my bad haha... Kinda just saw the name 'Nora' and leaped to conclusions :D

It was a disturbance in the speed force, the sound of millions of souls screaming in pain... And were suddenly silenced.

Would you care to explain/expand on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom