• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Kw5rLO8.jpg

bet you she was watching Laurel scenes

MrKnives

Love the show but can't believe nobody made the Oliver - Arrow connection.
I was sure Detective Lance would figure it out in the restaurant when he was talking with Sara.
Hope we see more of Sara, I actually prefer her over Felicity which probably will get me some hate here.

Jonogunn

I just realized something. When Ollie puts on the mask at the end u can clearly see that there's paint on his face surrounding his eyes underneath the mask (like all superhero movies do). R they gonna explain that or is it just something we need to suspend our belief with (like the end scene in batman returns)?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I just realized something. When Ollie puts on the mask at the end u can clearly see that there's paint on his face surrounding his eyes underneath the mask (like all superhero movies do). R they gonna explain that or is it just something we need to suspend our belief with (like the end scene in batman returns)?

That's the problem with domino masks, you need to keep the eye holes fairly large so that the line of sight wont be affected.

So yeah don't expect an explanation for the paint.

Wiktor

Well, that was handled in S1, when he got caught. Now the only one who could make that connection is Lance, but I think most of us are expecting he already knows and just keeps his mouth shut about it.

I was sure Detective Lance would figure it out in the restaurant when he was talking with Sara.
Hope we see more of Sara, I actually prefer her over Felicity which probably will get me some hate here.

#teamSara + 1

Old habits die slow?

Ithil

So I haven't watched Arrow at all. I've been watching Agents of Shield but haven't been loving it. Is Arrow better overall? By which I mean: compelling?

Absolutely. Better writing, better action, a proper overarching plot, much better art direction, and (eventually) a better cast.

Arrow's supporting cast is very rough early on, but by later in the first season it's good, and Green Arrow himself is actually a compelling protagonist so it's fine.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

The latter. It just looks better that way.

So I haven't watched Arrow at all. I've been watching Agents of Shield but haven't been loving it. Is Arrow better overall? By which I mean: compelling?

I just finished watching all 32 episodes of Arrow over the past 2.5 weeks and it is impossible to overstate just how much better it is than SHIELD.

It's not even a contest. Everyone involved in the production of SHIELD should be embarrassed by how much this show kicks its ass.

Night and day as far as quality goes. I was super hyped for Agents of SHIELD, but after about four or five episodes just gave up.
With Arrow, the only basis for comparison I had was Smallville (meh), and I only caught the last few moments of a few episodes in season 1 while I was waiting for Supernatural to come on, but knew the hype on here and many other places was very high on the show. So once it hit Netflix, my wife and I powered through it in a couple of days and are now caught up in season 2.
The show is so damn fun, and is exactly how a super hero show should be done. It is exciting. It is funny. It has great action sequences. And most importantly, it has great characters and great storytelling. The crazy momentum this show has is nuts.

You have a month before it comes back, so that should be plenty of time to catch up. See you on the other side.

Khezu

I wonder if Slade knows Sara is alive.

We know she dies on the island again, pretty soon, as she doesn't know what happens to Slade, so what if it was Slade that kills her as punishment for Ollie letting Shado die?

Tabby

I wonder if Slade knows Sara is alive.

We know she dies on the island again, pretty soon, as she doesn't know what happens to Slade, so what if it was Slade that kills her as punishment for Ollie letting Shado die?

I was under the assumption that Ollie was forced to "kill" her or something.
If Sara knows Slade is alive, I'm going to assume that Slade knows as well.

Kw5rLO8.jpg

bet you she was watching Laurel scenes

Hahahahahaha.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITERS

Like Jim Gordon, he knows but doesn't say anything. Plausible deniability.

Subitai

Poor Katie.

So when do we hit the point where there are "Team Felicity" and "Team Sara" shirts?

Or is Slade going to take out one of them before that can happen?

I have Flash withdrawal. Need more lightning...

So will Barry tell Oliver about his new powers right away? Because that's the scene I really want to see.

Shaanyboi

Banned

It starts off pretty poorly. But about halfway through season 1, things get more interesting leading up to the finale which is pretty great.

And for the most part, season 2 has been genuinely awesome.

HOREEE SHITTTTT

Just caught up with the last two episodes!!!!

1) Slade is behind all this?!?? Horree shit!!!
2) Barry Allen is the son of Nora?!? As in THE Nora? Wife of Mr Freeze?!
3) He shot Roy!! Did not see that coming... This show is full of surprises (for me anyway)
4) Officer Chesthair losing his partner was pretty sad :(

One thing that annoyed me was the usage of warfarin at the start of the latest episode is completely wrong. Warfarin actually makes your blood even 'thicker' before it 'thins' it. Oliver should died even quicker if that was realistic. Not even going into that whole 'crashing through a shelf magically means you get injected with random poison'.

But...

HORREEEEE SHIIIITTTT! That was epic

Chuckie

Damn...

Btw, what exactly happened with Shado? I kinda got confused with exactly what happened in that execution scene

The bad guy was about to shoot Sara. Ollie came forward and yelled 'No'...which was an indication for the bad guy that he 'chose' Sara over Shado. So he popped Shado in the head.

Damn...

Btw, what exactly happened with Shado? I kinda got confused with exactly what happened in that execution scene

The bad guy was about to shoot Sara. Ollie came forward and yelled 'No'...which was an indication for the bad guy that he 'chose' Sara over Shado. So he popped Shado in the head.

she died

Pretty much a dumb decision Oliver had to make for no reason but to kill off Shado.

I did like that it was kind of ambiguous why he jumped in front of Sarah, could just be that Ivo just happened to point at her when he counted down to 0, would he have jumped in front of Shado otherwise?

Deadly

Pretty shitty for past Oliver because we know at some point Sara still 'dies'.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I did like that it was kind of ambiguous why he jumped in front of Sarah, could just be that Ivo just happened to point at her when he counted down to 0, would he have jumped in front of Shado otherwise?

That's the way I see it. I don't feel like he chose anyone. He just threw himself in front of who Ivo was about to shoot. I think if the gun was pointed at Shado at that exact time he would have jumped in front of her instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom