• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I've missed this topic... I need to expand beyond the main board.

My god, that chin is the stuff of the nightmares.

Again, this is from her latest movie.

HLmYCbL.jpg

It wrapped before S2 entered production. She looks beautiful there. What the hell got into her?

Chin implant most likely, it's definitely more than just weight loss. It's been bugging me all season, her change in appearance has been distracting in every single scene she's involved in.

So does Felicity just keep looking better with every new episode or what.

Edit:
Regarding Laurel's weightloss. I had trouble recognising her. It stunned me a bit when I went into Season 2 straight after finishing Season 1. You'd never notice it unless you marathoned the show.

Never notice how shockingly different she looks? It was pretty apparent from the get go, hell they had the "previously on Arrow" thing before the premiere if that was even needed. I originally rationalized it as her losing weight to fit what her character is going through but even that can't explain the difference in her chin and I'm pretty sure the change in length of her face is more than just an illusion.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
They should kill Laurel off for this seasons finale, it would be great.
I love how every new season Oliver has to 'honour' someone. It's like a way for the writers to let us know they got rid of someone. Its like the kiss of death for a character:

My name is Oliver Queen, after spending 5 years on a hellish island, I have come back home with one purpose. To save my city. But to do that, I can't be the man I was. To honour Laurel, I have to become someone else. I have to become....something..else.

My name is Oliver Queen, after spending 5 years on a hellish island, I have come back home with one purpose. To save my city. But to do that, I can't be the man I was. To honour Roy, I have to become someone else. I have to become....something..else.

Please writers, give Roy and Laurel the opening monologue treatment.

Tabby

I don't want her dead. I'd prefer she just move away, and people never mention her again. If she's killed, Ollie would have to get a chin implant to honor her memory or something.

My name is Oliver Queen, after 5 years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal, to save my city but to do so I can't be the killer I once was, to honour my friend's memory I must be someone else, I must have... a new chin.
ARROW.

Merry Christmas ArrowGAF.

edit:
If anyone else is bored, there's a 45 minute Green Arrow podcast with Stephen Amell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ISRjFr2UeY#t=26
He talks about how he would like to see a shared universe between CWVerse and DCCU.

alright new mission, we need to round out the spartacus crew on this show to play DC characters, I don't know who those characters are but they have too much talent to just not be on a show with this much action.

First,
Dustin Clare
ixdLD72QidNon.jpg

second
Ellen Hollman
iJal4W1ej78bo.jpg

third
Peter Mensah
ibb9M5FWGTRbzx.jpg

and fourth, da motherfucker himself

Nick Tarabay
ie1OLGthstlWo.gif

I approve of this post.

Especially Ellen Hollman

Merry xmas arrowgaf, did i miss any arrow xmas fanfic?

So does Felicity just keep looking better with every new episode or what.

Edit:
Regarding Laurel's weightloss. I had trouble recognising her. It stunned me a bit when I went into Season 2 straight after finishing Season 1. You'd never notice it unless you marathoned the show.

Yeah, I just finished up marathoning the show, and I knew something about her face and chin was different and bugging me, but thought maybe it was just me. Then I came here and well, it's a major topic of discussion.

DieH@rd

Banned
End of Arrow S2, wounded Ollie, black driver and Fellicity return to their HQ, suddenly experiencing power blackout, and all of their screens suddenly turning on to the scrambled message of Zod from MoS.

Bam.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Please no. Arrow needs its unrestricted access to all of the DCU.

Even though I think the restrictions on SHIELD affecting quality is overblown by people, they still have to take the lead from Marvel Studios.

rexor0717

Before this season I wouldn't have minded a direct tie in with the movies. Now that we're about half way through this amazing season, I think this show needs to go on it own. If they were going to tie in the movies with the show, I doubt we would have gotten the Flash.

ReiGun

I think DC could handle having two universes running. Big budget, "ZOMG SPECIAL EFFECTS SUCH AMAZE!" films for the general public, and the smaller TV shows for us folks who are into that. They can keep the two separate and free of restrictions since these CW shows will never garner enough of an audience that they could say there's a risk of confusing people, and the main three characters heading the movies (Supes, Bats, and Wondy) are never going to be on TV anyway.

CryptiK

This really needs to tie into the movies and I sure hope it does. DC has the whole anti-confusion thing with all their series (eg Bat Embargo) so they are highly unlikely to get a different actor for Flash and GA which means one of three things

1. No GA or Flash in the Movies
2. Flash and GA in the movies
3. Flash and GA TV show finish up before the JL movie.

Khezu

I'm completely torn on the issue. Both have their pros and cons.

It would be awesome as shit to see Amell on the big screen fighting along side Batman and Superman, and see him do big budget stunts.

But it would suck for DC to restrict what Arrow could do, even just a little bit. I want the show to have complete freedom.

Worse cast scenario, they are canon with each other, and some other actor plays GA for the movies.

CryptiK

I'm completely torn on the issue. Both have their pros and cons.

It would be awesome as shit to see Amell on the big screen fighting along side Batman and Superman, and see him do big budget stunts.

But it would suck for DC to restrict what Arrow could do, even just a little bit. I want the show to have complete freedom.

Worse cast scenario, they are canon with each other, and some other actor plays GA for the movies.
That'll never happen like I said DC is very anti-confusion with their Live Action stuff. Hence no Batman/Bruce Wayne in Smallville as Nolan Batman was happening.

Emwitus

That'll never happen like I said DC is very anti-confusion with their Live Action stuff. Hence no Batman/Bruce Wayne in Smallville as Nolan Batman was happening.

But they had superman returns/smallville concurrently. But i suppose you could argue he wasn't really superman.

CryptiK

But they had superman returns/smallville concurrently. But i suppose you could argue he wasn't really superman.
Pretty much. I was going to argue that the same will happen with Arrow/Green Arrow since he isnt called that in the show but it looks like they are getting very close to getting him to go full GA and well with the intro to Flash.. Also the universe seems to fit perfectly well with MoS(as long and MoS is all in the future)

Nyanmaruz

As much as I love to see Amell on the big screen, I strongly believe we won't be seeing a DCCU version of Green Arrow until Arrow finishes its run. =/

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I approve of this post.

Especially Ellen Hollman

Merry xmas arrowgaf, did i miss any arrow xmas fanfic?

I wish I had the time! I came up with a good one too.

"Felicity Gets Her Stocking Stuffed" Yes it's exactly what it sounds like.

or

"All I Want For Christmas Is My Season One Chin" a tragic Christmas tale that follows Laurel in her search for exactly what happened to her character. May or not feature her demise.

Tabby

Awesome 40min interview with Stephen Amell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ISRjFr2UeY&hd=1

edit:
If anyone else is bored, there's a 45 minute Green Arrow podcast with Stephen Amell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ISRjFr2UeY
He talks about how he would like to see a shared universe between CWVerse and DCCU.
Beat you to it brah.

I don't think we'll see Arrow in the cinemas anyways, I doubt he'll be able to stand up against the likes of Superman and Batman.

Alternate designs for the Arrow mask
2Ey8dTU.jpg

More pictures at
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=92065

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
They don't have to reprise the same characters with different names. I'd be ok with the Spartacus' cast trying new things. I'm sure Tarabay and Clare could play wonderful comedic douchebags.

Hollman... Hollman could play Granny Goodness as far as I'm concerned.

Remmy2112

so... who is dustin claire? is he coming to the show? he's going to be aquaman?

Actor from Starz' Spartacus television series, which has contributed a few people on Arrow. One of the primary characters, Crixus, was played by Manu Bennet, who plays Slade on Arrow. It's just a bit of wishful thinking.

Joni

so... who is dustin claire? is he coming to the show? he's going to be aquaman?
Go watch Spartacus! The show is kinda built on the same blocks as Arrow. A weak couple of episodes at the start lead into non-stop action with very likeable good guys and even more likeable bad guys. It is essentially the same show if you replace romance with nudity.

Smallville was actually at risk of being forced to end but Singer apparently went to bat to allow the show to stay alive and even let them use some assets/designs as we saw. Nolan likely isn't to blame for Batman/Bruce Wayne not showing up on Smallville, that's most likely Michael Uslan as he, like that brain dead d-bag Jon Peters with Superman film rights somehow managed to get a hold of the media rights to Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom