• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, CDAN is probably not that reliable. But in this case I'm inclined to believe them. The post was written in July, and given what we've seen of Laurel in season 2, how her role has diminished, and her character has been written, I think it could very well be true.

Joni

Kinda expected. I had thought it was Emma Roberts, but it was her or Cassidy. And it could be reliable, RDJ is rumored to be one of the people behind it, which makes the Paltrow ones that more interesting.

Khezu

Remember seeing a lot of pictures of the cast hanging out and being chummy.

Very rarely remember seeing Katie with any of them.

Just saying.

Tabby

Remember seeing a lot of pictures of the cast hanging out and being chummy.

Very rarely remember seeing Katie with any of them.

Just saying.

There's a picture of the Lance family all ruined taking a photo.

Well, they've reduced her screen time and if they were planning a big death they'd save it for midseason or the season finale.

I'm not really sure if I should believe it or not.
Them bringing Sara back from the dead makes it feel like she's the one that's going to replace Laurel and that it's plausible.

Replicant

Celeb gossip site revealing its blind items today. Saw this:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2014/01/blind-items-revealed_5538.html?m=1

Our dreams fulfilled??

Welp! I'm disappointed. I didn't think she'd be a diva. That'd explain why her characters become worse and worse by day though.

That blind item is from July. They are taking the long con to get rid of Cassidy.

Maybe that's why they are ramming her character into the pavement with a truck. I mean figuratively, of course.

wooo8nuo2.gif

Now if only they could do something about Thea.

This too.

Ripclawe

Banned
original plan: Sara came back as canary, gets killed, laurel trains and becomes new canary.

Katie acts the diva and the reverse happens especially the positive response Sara got from the audience

original plan: Sara came back as canary, gets killed, laurel trains and becomes new canary.

Katie acts the diva and the reverse happens especially the positive response Sara got from the audience

I think that would be great. Plus it's just hard to believe Laurel can go off and become an trained fighter in such a short amount of time. Unless she get's a magical serum that gives her super powers, but they've already gone down that route...

Khezu

I think that would be great. Plus it's just hard to believe Laurel can go off and become an trained fighter in such a short amount of time. Unless she get's a magical serum that gives her super powers, but they've already gone down that route...

I wonder if Roy being the one to get the serum was always the plan...

ReiGun

If that rumor is true and they are just trying to get rid of Cassidy, it would explain why Laurel is so poorly written and used compared to pretty much every other character (say what you want about Roy and Thea; they aren't even 10% as bad as S2 Laurel).

If that rumor is true and they are just trying to get rid of Cassidy, it would explain why Laurel is so poorly written and used compared to pretty much every other character (say what you want about Roy and Thea; they aren't even 10% as bad as S2 Laurel).

Roy and Thea have improved as characters by leaps and bounds in season 2. And Laurel has fallen just as far in the other direction.

Not much knew in Amell's latest post, but one part did catch my attention.

Stephen Amell said:
First, I can guarantee you at least 14 new episodes of Arrow. Second, we're on the fast track to 500,000 Facebook Friends. Third, I think we'll hit 1,000,000 by our Season 2 Finale. 1,000,000. Write it down! Fourth, there are some new non-Arrow related projects to talk about. Soon. Those projects have nothing to do with Nocking Point Wines which is slated to grow by approximately 600% this year.

Finally, I was a little worried that as this page became bigger, it'd be harder and harder to keep it personal and distinguish the important interactions from the noise. Not so. As a matter of fact, it feels like the opposite. The community is so involved that when something needs attention, it's incredibly easy to find. That's all you guys.

The page will continue to be awesome.
SA

Did we get confirmation that this season is getting 23 episodes again? That would be the case with 14 new episodes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Celeb gossip site revealing its blind items today. Saw this:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2014/01/blind-items-revealed_5538.html?m=1

Our dreams fulfilled??

Didn't someone post this back in July/August? Soon after, someone asked the Arrow writers on twitter if Laurel was being written off and they vehemently denied it, saying something like "everyone here loves Katie and Laurel is going to kick ass in s2. Absolutely not getting killed off." Tend to believe that was true at the time, but if the current trend of everyone hating Laurel continues... they may not have much of a choice.

Rokam

Didn't someone post this back in July/August? Soon after, someone asked the Arrow writers on twitter if Laurel was being written off and they vehemently denied it, saying something like "everyone here loves Katie and Laurel is going to kick ass in s2. Absolutely not getting killed off." Tend to believe that was true at the time, but if the current trend of everyone hating Laurel continues... they may not have much of a choice.

It was posted in July but didn't say who it was, they're going through now and stating the identity of their Blind Items.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It was posted in July but didn't say who it was, they're going through now and stating the identity of their Blind Items.

Ah I see, I guess it does explain why her role this season has been complete ass. Still remember someone linking this to the Arrow writers and them completely denying it and stating the opposite though, guess it could've just been PR, but I find it odd that they specifically went out of their way to deny it.

edit: Here are the tweets from one of the exec producers/writers write around the time of this blind item coming out: https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/358983715860385792.

Guess he might have just been trying to console the few Laurel fans out there/deflect attention or the blind item is wrong, I dunno. I didn't mind her at all in season 1, but season 2 has been awful for her. The complete opposite of "Bigger, better, kickass" lol. Maybe the second half of the season will be better for her.

Clevinger

Ah I see, I guess it does explain why her role this season has been complete ass. Still remember someone linking this to the Arrow writers and them completely denying it and stating the opposite though, guess it could've just been PR, but I find it odd that they specifically went out of their way to deny it.

Nah, the blind item wasn't linked to them IIRC. Some Cassidy stans were upset that Caity Lotz had been cast as Black Canary and how Laurel was in the back of the poster and how she wasn't in any of the episode promo pics so they demanded to know if they were writing her off.

ReiGun

I don't think Laurel is behind saving like some do, but if the second half of this season is as bad to her as the first, it's going to take a miracle put her back on course.

Ripclawe

Banned
To get Laurel back in the good graces of the fandom, there would have to be major and quickly done repairing like killing brother blood, saving felcity and secret black driver and moira on the side within the span of 3 episodes.

Usually when you break a character down to build back up you see the beginnings of it during the breakdown. I have seen zero beginning parts from the writers in the first half of this season

Khezu

Miracuru giving her sonic scream would have been a great start. After getting super powers, Ollie would have no choice but to take her under his wing.

I still want sonic scream in the show, and not just those bombs Sara has.

For budget and drama reasons though, they should find a nice way to limit it, like if she does it, it knocks her out for a day, and it's only a very last resort for when shit is going down.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Miracuru giving her sonic scream would have been a great start. After getting super powers, Ollie would have no choice but to take her under his wing.

I still want sonic scream in the show, and not just those bombs Sara has.

For budget and drama reasons though, they should find a nice way to limit it, like if she does it, it knocks her out for a day, and it's only a very last resort for when shit is going down.

F that way too many superpowers introduced in such a short time already. Besides, I don't know, extra strength and healing in the Arrowverse I can buy, but some lady having the power to scream like a bat and knocking everyone out? I don't know, that's testing it. I prefer those sonic grenades.

Tabby

F that way too many superpowers introduced in such a short time already. Besides, I don't know, extra strength and healing in the Arrowverse I can buy, but some lady having the power to scream like a bat and knocking everyone out? I don't know, that's testing it. I prefer those sonic grenades.

Yeah.
The show started out as being grounded in reality and I'd like to keep it that way, have powers but just try to keep it believable.
Save powers for The Flash TV series.

dubq

Save powers for The Flash TV series.
It'll be the same universe, so it won't really matter.

Superpowers don't ruin a show. Poor writing does. As long as Arrow stays on track with that, then they can have Brother Blood raise Trigon in the next episode and it wouldn't effect my enjoyment of this show.

Tabby

It'll be the same universe, so it won't really matter.

Superpowers don't ruin a show. Poor writing does. As long as Arrow stays on track with that, then they can have Brother Blood raise Trigon in the next episode and it wouldn't effect my enjoyment of this show.

I know, but with the Particle Accelerator going off it's more likely powers will exist in Central City and not Star City.

Ripclawe

Banned
powers based on the results of PED's versions which give quicker reflexes, strength, healing..etc..etc are perfectly acceptable on this show as low as its believable.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I don't know man, no crazy super powers in Arrow thus far is what makes it so enjoyable. Ollie gets his ass kicked all the time, but also kicks ass, and it all feels deserved--there's a weight behind it. As opposed to Superman suddenly getting a cold from Kryptonite or having to yell really hard as he flies through a gigantic gravity machine.

I'm cool with minor stuff like the mirakuru, but once you get into stuff like flying/invincibility/canary screams, I dunno, keep that away from my Arrow. I'm glad Flash is getting his own show that will likely be more super hero oriented as a nice counterbalance to Arrow. Got a show for the humans and one for the metahumans--maybe a crossover episode here and there for the comic fans.

Clevinger

juNjemd.jpg

also, a little bit about Laurel's upcoming arc

The coming run will also bring back Amanda Waller, serve up another Diggle-centric episode and solve this Season 2 mystery: What up with Laurel?! "These next four episodes are a big Laurel chapter," says Kreisberg. "We'll see her drug use come back to bite her, and she hits rock bottom." In turn, "Katie Cassidy is delivering the most amazing performances" -- including in pre-island flashbacks from Miss Lance's POV.

juNjemd.jpg

The coming run will also bring back Amanda Waller, serve up another Diggle-centric episode and solve this Season 2 mystery: What up with Laurel?! "These next four episodes are a big Laurel chapter," says Kreisberg. "We'll see her drug use come back to bite her, and she hits rock bottom." In turn, "Katie Cassidy is delivering the most amazing performances" -- including in pre-island flashbacks from Miss Lance's POV.

tumblr_mwkts07qxZ1qbsh19o2_250.gif

Laurel is such a thankless role.

Tugatrix

juNjemd.jpg

The most what?

Tabby

juNjemd.jpg

Such disappointment.

I love these mini story arcs that tie in to the overarching story.
Canary Arc, Flash/Grundy Arc.
Maybe this can redeem Laurel and make her not useless.
Doubt it.

juNjemd.jpg

TeenWolf-2x08_MrsArgent.gif

Hopefully they've decided to write Thea out instead

Cwarrior

so I finally caught up, what I've been finding weird is Katie Cassidy/laurel transformation she start of insanely crazy hot at season 1 to gaining weight on her face becoming puffy at the end season 1 to getting a long skinny face in season 2, she been gradually getting less hot but still is currently hot.

Also damn Olivier super power is his an overpowerd babe magnet, in season one alone he had laurel,sarah,detective woman,huntress,felcity and shado on his nuts that's not including co ceo woman from season 2.

I really like how tommy
death
effected oliver shaping him to be hero, I didn't expect that I thought along with everyone else they where going the typical spiderman route harry osborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom