• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Hopefully they've decided to write Thea out instead

she ain't going nowhere, bruh

s06lw2p.png

#TeamSlurry

I do hope KC's weight loss is a part of fitting the mental and physical state the character is in is the only reason for the long face but I'm still pretty sure she had work on her chin done. Considering they haven't addressed her appearance is probably a good indicator it's not though. Laural does needs to disappear for awhile, worst character this season for far, worse than Thea was last season and I found Thea incredibly annoying.

Prologue

Did a marathon through season 1 and finished off season 2. Maybe I should have waited until the series is over, I hate waiting for weekly episodes. Anyway, good stuff. Love the tone and reminds me of Nolan's Batman and its nice to have a superhero show at this caliber.

One thing did catch me off guard though. Why did Ollie's boat girl ask about Shado? She was there when she got shot. I'm guessing Slade is a bit angry at Ollie about what happen?NVM trying to save him :(. I think Shado should have lived though. Her character had a lot more potential and they could made her a main character. Could have been a major love interest too to rival the other girl.

DieH@rd

Banned
juNjemd.jpg

also, a little bit about Laurel's upcoming arc

The coming run will also bring back Amanda Waller, serve up another Diggle-centric episode and solve this Season 2 mystery: What up with Laurel?! "These next four episodes are a big Laurel chapter," says Kreisberg. "We'll see her drug use come back to bite her, and she hits rock bottom." In turn, "Katie Cassidy is delivering the most amazing performances" -- including in pre-island flashbacks from Miss Lance's POV.

dfgrx3kuks.gif

dubq

I know, but with the Particle Accelerator going off it's more likely powers will exist in Central City and not Star City.

I could see this happening, but with some crossover here and there. If anything, for the Flash show, they are probably going to use the Particle Accelerator as a similar plot device to the "meteor rock" in Smallville. I just hope the writers have an overall story plan like they do with Arrow.

I don't know man, no crazy super powers in Arrow thus far is what makes it so enjoyable. Ollie gets his ass kicked all the time, but also kicks ass, and it all feels deserved--there's a weight behind it. As opposed to Superman suddenly getting a cold from Kryptonite or having to yell really hard as he flies through a gigantic gravity machine.

I'm cool with minor stuff like the mirakuru, but once you get into stuff like flying/invincibility/canary screams, I dunno, keep that away from my Arrow. I'm glad Flash is getting his own show that will likely be more super hero oriented as a nice counterbalance to Arrow. Got a show for the humans and one for the metahumans--maybe a crossover episode here and there for the comic fans.

True say, but Green Arrow (and Batman) constantly deal with meta's in the comics, and neither of them are meta, and it works out fine for the most part. But, again, it's all about the writing. There's definitely a wrong way to go about it, and I think the writers of Arrow are doing it the right way. :)

EDIT: I do agree though, that they should keep Canary non-meta. The sonic grenades were a perfect way to work that "power" into her role without making her super-powered.

The official description for the second episode coming back from the break, Blind Spot, has been released. I'll definitely spoiler tag this one for those that don't want to read it.

ARROW TEAMS UP WITH LAUREL TO FIND THE MAN IN THE MASK — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is conflicted after Laurel (Katie Cassidy) reaches out to the Arrow asking him to investigate Sebastian Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). Oliver is unsure whether to believe her accusations against the man he has publically supported for mayor, but decides to trust Laurel. However, when the pair gets too close to the truth, Sebastian exposes Laurel’s drug addiction and has her arrested. Meanwhile, Roy (Colton Haynes) reveals his new super-strength to Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) who wants to test out his abilities. Unfortunately, Roy isn’t able to contain his rage once unleashed and almost kills a man. Back on the island, Oliver is surprised when Sarah (guest star Caity Lotz) reveals a secret about Laurel. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#211).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The official description for the second episode coming back from the break, Blind Spot, has been released. I'll definitely spoiler tag this one for those that don't want to read it.

ARROW TEAMS UP WITH LAUREL TO FIND THE MAN IN THE MASK — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is conflicted after Laurel (Katie Cassidy) reaches out to the Arrow asking him to investigate Sebastian Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). Oliver is unsure whether to believe her accusations against the man he has publically supported for mayor, but decides to trust Laurel. However, when the pair gets too close to the truth, Sebastian exposes Laurel’s drug addiction and has her arrested. Meanwhile, Roy (Colton Haynes) reveals his new super-strength to Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) who wants to test out his abilities. Unfortunately, Roy isn’t able to contain his rage once unleashed and almost kills a man. Back on the island, Oliver is surprised when Sarah (guest star Caity Lotz) reveals a secret about Laurel. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#211).

6jBHhGf.gif

The writers are just trolling us at this point.

Pollux

...Jesus

RedAssedApe

Banned
Marathoned S1 on Netflix and halfway through Season 2 now. Really enjoying this show.
Sarah
needs to get rid of that permanent pouty face though.

Seems like a lot of people hate the Laurel character now. She seems pretty similar to S1 to me (outside of the superficial stuff). Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into the season yet or just have bad taste? lol

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs

This was what the writers meant by "big Laurel chapter?"

1DU3ung.gif

dubq

Seems like a lot of people hate the Laurel character now. She seems pretty similar to S1 to me (outside of the superficial stuff). Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into the season yet or just have bad taste? lol

For me it felt like she took over the role of "bitchy supporting character" after they killed off Tommy, which has just made her that more annoying.

Big in the sense that she'll OD, but she not going anywhere as she'll return as a ghost sidekick for Detective Chest hair or keep up appearances through flashbacks...

Tabby

Sounds great I guess.
At least they're doing something with Laurel, I feel like it's only a matter of time before she finds out who Arrow is.
For me it felt like she took over the role of "bitchy supporting character" after they killed off Tommy, which has just made her that more annoying.

There was a scene cut from the S1 finale that explains why she went back to CNRI, to be honest I don't know why they cut it.
Would have made me hate her less for sure.

So I recently started to watch this and the dude that plays Arrow reminds me so much of Chris o Donnell.

I was watching an episode of NCIS:LA (I've seen maybe two whole episodes at this point) Monday night and seeing O'Donnell in it made me think the same thing. He could be Ollie's long lost big brother or something.

The truth can be brutal.

EDIT: Let me clarify a bit though. There are worse actors than O'Donnell. A lot of them. Like Jessica De Gouw. O'Donnell's main crime is being absolutely bland at everything that he does. He gets by on his looks and nothing more. Other than that, he is as bland an actor as can be.

O'Donnell looks old now.

De Gouw can still skate by on looking good*

* She's good on Dracula though. It helps that her character is not a maniacal murderer and doesn't try an awful American/Italian hybrid accent.

Tugatrix

tumblr_mxom8qN8Nn1t5fg9oo6_250.gif

I marathoned the first season of this on Netflix and then watched all the episodes available on Hulu. I can't believe I didn't watch this when it started. Consider me an avid fan now, one of the best shows on television. CW always manages to find and produce gems somehow.

karasu

Laurel must go! She's like the black hole of the show. After the shit she's done anytime Ollie talks to her with kindness it makes him look weak and ineffectual.

jordisok

I still think (read: hope) Laurel can be saved, it seems such a waste of Cassidy sometimes, she's quite important to Ollie's guilt ridden nature and she's still quite interesting considering her job/family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom