• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

This is CW we're talking about. This show will never end. Just look at Supernatural, they had the perfect final season with season 5. That was 6 years ago and there's no end in sight for that show.
Outside of Supernatural from 2005 and The Vampire Diaries from 2009, Arrow from 2012 is their oldest program. CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC all have programs running older than Supernatural. FOX has a program running that is older than all CWs shows together. Supernatural is in no way an exception that is unique to The CW.

Phyranion

Guys, it's maybe too early to ask this question, but who would you like to see as the big bad of season 5? I would suggest Bane. He can break Arrow and the writers can connect him to the island (using it as a different Santa Prisca).
I want a group! What about the Royal Flush Gang?

abundant

Outside of Supernatural from 2005 and The Vampire Diaries from 2009, Arrow from 2012 is their oldest program. CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC all have programs running older than Supernatural. FOX has a program running that is older than all CWs shows together. Supernatural is in no way an exception that is unique to The CW.

The point I was making is that Supernatural was supposed to end after season 5, yet it's now up to season 11.

Time for another lady Big Bad. Make Shado's sister be Lady Shiva.
Lady Shiva is a good choice as she's one of the greatest martial artists of DC. I don't know anything else about her, though.
I hope they ask Tom Hardy if he wants to be Bane on Arrow.
I don't think they will, because that would connect the show with the nolanverse. Also, Hardy will probably ask for a lot of money.
I want a group! What about the Royal Flush Gang?

I'm not sure they can use them as the big bad. They are just thieves, aren't they? They can use them for some episodes, though.

I'm thinking that Scarecrow would be a good big bad, too. He can break Oliver mentally.

Joni

The point I was making is that Supernatural was supposed to end after season 5, yet it's now up to season 11.
It doesn't really matter what the plan was, ratings would always determine it. A show can have a 5 year plan and be cancelled after one. And network shows usually don't have plans in advance to stop a show, that is why despite the 5 year plan everybody got 6 year contracts.

Guys, it's maybe too early to ask this question, but who would you like to see as the big bad of season 5? I would suggest Bane. He can break Arrow and the writers can connect him to the island (using it as a different Santa Prisca).

If Arrow is leaning hard into magic?

Nekron.

He's pissed at Oliver and Laurel for stealing Sara from him. So he sends a bunch of fallen enemies and allies at them seeking revenge. Ras al Ghul. Ivo. Fyres. Deadshot. Shado with a lovesick Deathstroke in tow. Maseo. Brother Blood. Ravager. Firefly. Anyone who's ever died on Arrow could potentially return as a villain, enhanced with underworld magic.

Most if them return to the grave. Some do not.

And Nekron is either wearing the face of Moira or Tommy.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Nekron.

He's pissed at Oliver and Laurel for stealing Sara from him. So he sends a bunch of fallen enemies and allies at them seeking revenge. Ras al Ghul. Ivo. Fyres. Deadshot. Shado with a lovesick Deathstroke in tow. Maseo. Brother Blood. Ravager. Firefly. Anyone who's ever died on Arrow could potentially return as a villain, enhanced with underworld magic.

you're hired

ZeroX03

Banned

Nekron.

How about Neron instead of Nekron, as he's not quite as OP and there's a big connection to the Rogues.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It really depends on how crazy they let her get with "animal powers."

Like, if she's allowed to channel a tardigrade, then it's fucking over.

Joni

Talking animals, I'm still disappointed Creature Commando never worked out, especially considering they had Marc Singer for it.

So I've been watching Arrow S3 and I just had to find to this thread to post about how fucking awful Felicity is Jesus Christ. Like I'm enjoying this season for what it is but holy fuck. Like do the writers expect me to be on her side or something because it's literally entirely her fault that Brick got all the police evidence and killed that Alderman. Not to mention making the dumbfuck decision to put a bunch of residents of the Glades in mortal danger fighting Brick's gang rather than have a master ninja assassin go in and wreck everyone (though I guess that was everyone's fault except Roy).

It's also impressive that once the writers actually made Olicity an angsty love-triangle ridden thing the two characters lost all chemistry with each other.

Nekron.

Damn, now I want this.
How about Neron instead of Nekron, as he's not quite as OP and there's a big connection to the Rogues.
I think Neron is too strong for Green Arrow. However, they can tone down his powers.

Kyoufu

So I've been watching Arrow S3 and I just had to find to this thread to post about how fucking awful Felicity is Jesus Christ. Like I'm enjoying this season for what it is but holy fuck. Like do the writers expect me to be on her side or something because it's literally entirely her fault that Brick got all the police evidence and killed that Alderman. Not to mention making the dumbfuck decision to put a bunch of residents of the Glades in mortal danger fighting Brick's gang rather than have a master ninja assassin go in and wreck everyone (though I guess that was everyone's fault except Roy).

It's also impressive that once the writers actually made Olicity an angsty love-triangle ridden thing the two characters lost all chemistry with each other.

If you hate her in S3 then don't bother with S4. She gets worse.

If you hate her in S3 then don't bother with S4. She gets worse.

In what way? She's fine up until the crossover, and that's only because the Arrow writers forgot that everyone lying to their close friends for no reason isn't compelling drama. She's just been there for other characters to bounce off and tech support, and that's what she's always been.

Kyoufu

In what way? She's fine up until the crossover, and that's only because the Arrow writers forgot that everyone lying to their close friends for no reason isn't compelling drama. She's just been there for other characters to bounce off and tech support, and that's what she's always been.

That time where she cries for an entire episode because she loves Oliver was when I was like nope, I can't do this anymore.

Joni

10603490_976747392410528_7536863236049545740_n.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Yep, she is much better in S4. The whole show is much better as well.

INT. ARROW WRITER'S ROOM - DAY

MARC GUGGENHEIM
I've been on the Twitters and everyone is telling me how much they love Felicity. Let's give her more emotional scenes this season.​
WENDY MERICLE
Great idea! How about some relationship drama? Their could be a tiny misunderstanding and we could spend an episode debating it.​

The room murmurs in agreement. GREG BERLANTI and ANDREW KREISBERG saunter into the room.

ANDREW KREISBERG
Hey listen folks, we just found out we've got Neal McDonough for this season.

MARC GUGGENHEIM
Oh that's great Andrew but we've already got a big bad for the season, it's called fidelity issues.

GREG BERLANTI
How about this, any time you would have Felicity cry over something, you get Neal McDonough to swagger into a scene and do something evil instead?

WENDY MERICLE
That could work! We'll have a great big bad and Felicity won't be insufferable.

SPEED WEED
Who Felicity?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom