• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

No. There is no way they're killing their most popular character.

0713_2yqlo.gif

Minamu

Nobody dies in comic books :) Not that the team knows it but aren't there pits all over the place? Not just in Nanda Parbat?

Joni

Nobody dies in comic books :) Not that the team knows it but aren't there pits all over the place? Not just in Nanda Parbat?

They'll probably stave off the resurrection debate for now, people that die will remain dead unless it concerns fake-outs or Tommy being brought back as a villain. I wouldn't expect more revivals. The people that get killed, are more likely typical TV constraints than a wish to get comic booky.

Slightly unrelated.. but per a post in the Cancellations thread... TNT/TBS won't be moving ahead with their Teen Titans project...

So over/under on some of those characters appearing in the Arrowverse sometime in the future?

Volimar

Nightwing would be huge for CW. Angsty young hero trying to get out of the shadow of Batman and find his own place in the world? The teens would eat that up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd personally be more interested in a Grayson adaptation of some sort, either as a TV show or a movie. Think Jason Bourne or James Bond but with flashbacks of Batman.

Volimar

I'd personally be more interested in a Grayson adaptation of some sort, either as a TV show or a movie. Think Jason Bourne or James Bond but with flashbacks of Batman.

Only DC and WB would be shitty so they'd have to do it without expressly showing or mentioning Batman.

morningbus

Only DC and WB would be shitty so they'd have to do it without expressly showing or mentioning Batman.

That's why I'd prefer it as a movie, personally. But I think they could work around it better than Superman in Supergirl.

zulux21

Slightly unrelated.. but per a post in the Cancellations thread... TNT/TBS won't be moving ahead with their Teen Titans project...

So over/under on some of those characters appearing in the Arrowverse sometime in the future?

man, I was really curious to see what they would do with that... hopefully the CW picks it up and replaces legends of tomorrow with it (as it's supposed to be a single season series anyways)

to give it more time before a legends of tomorrow 2 (which would be another single season project with a different cast)

People trying to stop me from getting my live-action Nightwing.

Nightwing would be huge for CW. Angsty young hero trying to get out of the shadow of Batman and find his own place in the world? The teens would eat that up.

That show would kill. KILL!

Joni

Facebook... I keep reading that I'm leaving Arrow. I'm not. I have a contract that runs through 2019. At least. Now... That doesn't mean Arrow will run that long, but if it does... I'll be here. Any other questions I can answer?
Amell addresses the idea of him pursuing his movie career over Arrow. Which learns us he is under contract for seven, not six seasons. That is one longer than I thought. The people on The Vampire Diaries are on 6-year contracts, so I expected the same for Arrow.

They should mend fences. There are now two major options, have him replace Deadshot in Suicide Squad if that is still an option which would give us Naevia - Crixus, or have Arrow team up with Deathstroke for a major enemy, a sort of relucant cooperation.

morningbus

I think Manu as Deathstroke should make a return... to Central City. Have him doing his own mission, potentially under orders from Waller, that could eventually see him back in Star City.

ZeroX03

Banned
Amell addresses the idea of him pursuing his movie career over Arrow. Which learns us he is under contract for seven, not six seasons. That is one longer than I thought. The people on The Vampire Diaries are on 6-year contracts, so I expected the same for Arrow.

He could have renegotiated his contract at some point to extend it, it's not uncommon on successful shows.

A gaffer suggested that Deathsroke could have trained Oliver for his fight with Ra's Al Ghul. That idea can still apply in this season. Considering Darhk is a very dangerous enemy (Ra's wanted to spread a virus in a whole city just to kill Darhk) and we haven't seen him to fight for real, I think Oliver can fight him, lose the fight and then he can ask Deathstroke to train him.

Chariot

A gaffer suggested that Deathsroke could have trained Oliver for his fight with Ra's Al Ghul. That idea can still apply in this season. Considering Darhk is a very dangerous enemy (Ra's wanted to spread a virus in a whole city just to kill Darhk) and we haven't seen him to fight for real, I think Oliver can fight him, lose the fight and then he can ask Deathstroke to train him.
Why Slade? The problem with Darhk isn't physical strength. He needs an expert in magic.
You know like Constantine.

Why Slade? The problem with Darhk isn't physical strength. He needs an expert in magic.
You know like Constantine.

Darhk was trained with Ra's, so I assume he's a good fighter, too. However, Oliver can seek help from Constantine to block Darhk's magic. Also, it won't be a good fight if Oliver just blocks Darhk's magic and then beats him with a punch. Darhk needs to be a formidable opponent, so he can't rely only on magic.

Joni

Darhk was trained with Ra's, so I assume he's a good fighter, too. However, Oliver can seek help from Constantine to block Darhk's magic. Also, it won't be a good fight if Oliver just blocks Darhk's magic and then beats him with a punch. Darhk needs to be a formidable opponent, so he can't rely only on magic.

He even has to be good enough to have a shot at being Ra's, strong enough to escape both Ra's and his predecessor, and be unworthy enough to scare the League. By all accounts, he has to be a better fighter if he wants to live up to his reputation.

Chariot

Sure, but as of now, his magic is the greatest problem. You can't even get smacked by him when you don't get close to smacking him.

Kyoufu

I can't even stand 4 seasons of this show let alone 7.

They're gonna have to really kick it up a few notches going forward. Bring back Deathstroke, use Earth-2, etc.

carlsojo

If anything, Dark is going to break Slade out to kill the Green Arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom