• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
If the Deadshot embargo is lifted, he will have mysteriously survived. Until then he's dead.

They'll break canon from their own comics if they feel like it so Bronze Tiger could return.

Shrapnel is the original Rope Guy, nobody cares.

Hell, even the show seems to ignore Oliver and Laurel ever dated. Flashbacks wise, Oliver per his words in season 1 should be missing the hell out of Laurel and thinking of her often and yet he's banging every woman he comes across.

What happened to that photo of her he carried with him?

Ugh, reminding me of the super fan service that was that flashback episode where Oliver returns to Starling City and he just so happens to see Felicity.

nOsaIiA.gif

Johndoey

Banned
I can't post my Felocity pics right now but there coming. #Fated

Edit: What's the going pet name, Folliver, Follie, Olicity, or Felocity?

Kyoufu

Catching up with this show, on episode 9.

Shit just got real. I wasn't expecting that. Flashbacks are still a total waste of time though.

He ended up on the island after cheating on her. He probably quickly dumped that photo once he could have sex with the hotties there.
Funny as that is, it's something that just annoys me. Even if everyone hated Oliver and Laurel together, having him state to Tommy in the pilot that he missed Laurel the most out of everything only for the writers to show him not even stopping to think about her since the second season flashbacks bugs me because they just want to focus on him and Felicity. Dislike the two all you want, canonically, Oliver is in love with Laurel during this period of time.

As mentioned below, we got Olicity in the flashbacks when he returned to Starling City, but nothing with Oliver even pausing to go visit Laurel just to see how she is.

will we ever get to the point from the pilot episode with bearded Oliver?

we havent seen that yet
Bearded Oliver is from his last year on the island. We're on year 4 now of five. Odds are something happens at the end of season 4 to leave Oliver stranded in worse conditions than before on the island for him to go all caveman (maybe because Slade isn't there to nick at his stubble with a knife).

ZeroX03

Banned
We'll see a bearded Oliver in the final episode of season five after a time skip right at the end and that's it. Unless they want to use a new wig every episode - which they won't because Amell doesn't like them - we won't see any growth.

He's still got to leave the island and hit up Russia for a bit too, so that will be umm... Fun?

Johndoey

Banned
We'll see a bearded Oliver in the final episode of season five after a time skip right at the end and that's it. Unless they want to use a new wig every episode - which they won't because Amell doesn't like them - we won't see any growth.

He's still got to leave the island and hit up Russia for a bit too, so that will be umm... Fun?
Well fun is a word for it.

Kyoufu

Okay, episode 9 was really good. None of the characters annoyed me including Felicity who probably had her best episode of the season so far. That ending tho... Dahrk actually doing something in this episode... WHAT TOOK HIM SO LONG?! I want to see more of that!]

Episode 10 was also really good. God damn. This season is finally kicking into gear. Is Felicity's mother in the grave? She's really, really upset.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
If the Deadshot embargo is lifted, he will have mysteriously survived. Until then he's dead.

I like to think that until his status is confirmed on the show itself he is both alive and dead.

Schrödinger's Deadshot.

PreFire

Catching up with this show, on episode 9.

Shit just got real. I wasn't expecting that. Flashbacks are still a total waste of time though.

What if the flashbacks are leading us to another bad guy? Lol I'd love them to steal another batman villain.. Who can CW legally use that we would actually care about?

Or something he will suddenly supposedly remember at the last second to beat Damien.

Right now the flashbacks are pretty pointless if they're not leading us into a big reveal of some kind.

Here's hoping

ZeroX03

Banned
What if the flashbacks are leading us to another bad guy? Lol I'd love them to steal another batman villain.. Who can CW legally use that we would actually care about?

Or something he will suddenly supposedly remember at the last second to beat Damien.

Right now the flashbacks are pretty pointless if they're not leading us into a big reveal of some kind.

Here's hoping

Arrow probably has carte blanche with the mystical DC stuff, so any villain from there is a possibility. Taiana might end up being a mystical character, her actual comic character has little substance so there's room to play. Heck, she looks like she could pull of Zatanna. Someone from the island will eventually show up in the present day with some kind of MacGuffin, that's how it goes. They pulled that card early with Constantine so we'll probably have to wait a bit.

As for Batman stuff, I dunno. Who has Gotham killed?

Joni

Funny as that is, it's something that just annoys me. Even if everyone hated Oliver and Laurel together, having him state to Tommy in the pilot that he missed Laurel the most out of everything only for the writers to show him not even stopping to think about her since the second season flashbacks bugs me because they just want to focus on him and Felicity. Dislike the two all you want, canonically, Oliver is in love with Laurel during this period of time.

He is still right, barring that one pointless Felicity flashback - where he just noticed her and nothing else - he only loved people that were then dead. The writers won't give too much attention to Laurel in flashbacks anymore, because well, he has other choices on the island and they don't want to bring it back up. And it is not new, the flashbacks stopped caring about Laurel the minute Shado showed up.

Joni

She could have made a nice Black Canary, but the Cupid casting makes it a strange reversion of the previous time Amell and Amy Gumenick were on screen together. They played Natalee Holloway and Joran Van der Sloot, so Arrow played the crazy guy that killed Cupid. Well, I don't think Van der Sloot was ever convicted of that, but let's say he'll never be part of a documentary that declares him innocent.

Bearded Oliver is from his last year on the island. We're on year 4 now of five. Odds are something happens at the end of season 4 to leave Oliver stranded in worse conditions than before on the island for him to go all caveman (maybe because Slade isn't there to nick at his stubble with a knife).

Season four and it still doesn't feel like Oliver has reached the level of combat prowess we were shown n season one. He's willing to kill but that's pretty much it, hell they started the season showing he still wasn't competent enough to take down some random drug dealer.

Joni

Season four and it still doesn't feel like Oliver has reached the level of combat prowess we were shown n season one. He's willing to kill but that's pretty much it, hell they started the season showing he still wasn't competent enough to take down some random drug dealer.
They really need to start ramping up that combat training.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, I REALLY wish they'd give Laurel a new Canary costume. Her current one is just so bad and looks like a dominatrix outfit. Too many unnecessary metal clasps and rings (really stealthy btw /s/). She should go with something closer to what Sara wore, but less cleavage.

BTW, I REALLY wish they'd give Laurel a new Canary costume. Her current one is just so bad and looks like a dominatrix outfit. Too many unnecessary metal clasps and rings (really stealthy btw /s/). She should go with something closer to what Sara wore, but less cleavage.

What she really needs is a Canary Cry upgrade, both in and out of universe. Costume looks fine when she's fighting, but she cuts such a ridiculous figure when she doubles over and does that screech pose. Terrible.

Should be a) seriously potent and b) have its own visual effect so she doesn't have to try and sell it that hard.

Posted today

CZqMAGqVIAEvIQW.jpg:large
Damn Katie has some nice arms, which is impressive given she intentionally let herself go gaunt for season 2 when portraying Laurel's downfall into drugs. She bulked up nicely. Now let's hope she gets a shot at the salmon ladder soon enough.

If we ever get future Laurel in Legends of Tomorrow, I would love if they showed her with the fishnets stockings of her comic self.

Kyoufu

Amell says Arrow has been "missing something" since Manu's exit at the end of season 2:

http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-stephen-amell-manu-bennett-return/

I've been saying it for a while now and some people were angry about my complaints.

Oliver went from being a deadly vigilante to taking a backseat to his sidekicks. Action scenes aren't as intense as they once were because it's not just Arrow vs the bad guys, it's a whole army of sidekicks coupled with some poor choreography.

There's a lot that's changed tonally. Does that mean the show is bad now? Not really. I really enjoyed the last two episodes, but the season as a whole is not on par with season 1 and 2.

Kyoufu

I just feel that the show's formula worked a lot better when Slade was around.

I wonder what Earth-2 Deathstroke is up to.

Joni

I just feel that the show's formula worked a lot better when Slade was around.

I wonder what Earth-2 Deathstroke is up to.
What if it is a test to see how people react. Both manu and amell are testing the reaction.

Oliver kills Darhk with the help of Malcolm. He double crosses Oliver and steals the magic. He gets a big upgrade, bodies Oliver and kills Diggle. Oliver frees slade to help, and he decides to let him go after they kill Malcolm. Slade returns next year as an ally

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hopefully the Deadpool movie fails and we can get Ryan Reynolds in as Earth-2 Deathstroke.

Kyoufu

What if it is a test to see how people react. Both manu and amell are testing the reaction.

Oliver kills Darhk with the help of Malcolm. He double crosses Oliver and steals the magic. He gets a big upgrade, bodies Oliver and kills Diggle. Oliver frees slade to help, and he decides to let him go after they kill Malcolm. Slade returns next year as an ally

I'd be OK with that but is Slade sane enough to be in such a position? I feel like they wrote him into a wall.

Kyoufu

That's a damn good idea Joni.

I want to see Oliver's special anti-singularity arrows at work.

Going back to the topic of tone, I feel like episode 9 and episode 10 were very serious. I actually felt really bad for what happened to Felicity and could almost feel Oliver's pain knowing deep down he feels that he's responsible for her being paralysed. More of that, please.

And I just wanted to mention how silly villains are when their motive is to "reset the world". Man, we already had Malcolm trying to reset Starling City. Try to come up with something less cliche, writers.

Joni

The wheelchair storyline hopefully doesn't lead to Mr Terrific being ignored. I need to find out how he learns her to make omelets du fromage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom