• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

First of all, the story always makes sense, if they want it to.

That said, you're right, of course. If everyone is happy with the character, then there's no need to kill it off. But saying they can't kill off a character, because she or he is too popular always feels limiting. If the writers have a great idea around Thea or Diggle, that really impacts all characters and the story going forward, but can't do it, because fans would get upset? That would suck.

But it's not like we'd ever know about that. It just sucks if they keep characters around, shove them into every episode and don't give them a purpose or an arc.

The main reasoning here on people claiming they'd kill off Felicity was her perceived 'ruining' the show though, which is why I point out her popularity. She didn't, it became more popular under her.

Guys of course they're not killing Felicity off. She's the only girl on the show Oliver has any sexual chemistry with. Who else would he date, Thea?
Cupid, Huntress, Nyssa, Waller, McKenna, Shado, Sara.

The main reasoning here on people claiming they'd kill off Felicity was her perceived 'ruining' the show though, which is why I point out her popularity. She didn't, it became more popular under her.

I don't actually want any of the characters to be killed off. Sure, Felicity was annoying last season, but they just wrote her "better" and it's fine now. It's just that I want the writers to have the freedom to do it, if they deem it appropriate.

It's funny, because I'm listening to the last episode of the Tested.com podcast, where they talk about the shows for a brief moment and one of them said that Arrow "feels like a show for tweens", which isn't something I can really disagree with. e: So maybe Arrow really is the wrong show to complain about a stupid thing like that.

Joni

I don't actually want any of the characters to be killed off. Sure, Felicity was annoying last season, but they just wrote her "better" and it's fine now. It's just that I want the writers to have the freedom to do it, if they deem it appropriate.
Same. I'm not a huge fan of killing cast to kill cast.

It's funny, because I'm listening to the last episode of the Tested.com podcast, where they talk about the shows for a brief moment and one of them said that Arrow "feels like a show for tweens", which isn't something I can really disagree with.
It kinda is. It is still an important part of The CW audience. I have no problem with, they deliver tween shows like The Vampire Diaries that give me what I want as someone in his twenties. Tolkien language makes me a tween. I think the success of The CW is that they manage to make tween shows that appeal to other ages too, which is different from their Gossip Girl past when they made tween stuff that only tweens could relate to.

Still can't believe the Felicity hate when we still have Laurel on the show.

Twist at the end of the show, commissioner Gordon was her father all along, Felicity Smoak is the name witness protection gave her.

Cupid, Huntress, Nyssa, Waller, McKenna, Shado, Sara.

Nuts, crazy, lesbian (afawk), sociopath, the shotgun cop (?), dead, Sara is great though.

And I still can't believe people still hate Laurel. She's so awesome now.

Forget the earlier seasons. It's now what matters.

Now she's a less useful, more boring and annoying Sara. Also the godsdamn screech.

strafer

Still can't believe the Felicity hate when we still have Laurel on the show.

Twist at the end of the show, commissioner Gordon was her father all along, Felicity Smoak is the name witness protection gave her.

ZeroX03

Banned
The best part about being Team Felicity is kicking your feet up and knowing thanks to the writers and fangirls you've already won.

Interesting to see Gordon being mentioned in here, because I didn't realize that Anarky was yet another real comic book character from Batman, until I played Arkham Origins yesterday.

It's a shame that they can't get Harley on the show anymore. I really like the little teaser in the Suicide Squad episode.

RIP:

T9n1Lk7.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TlFWngRe8

The best part about being Team Felicity is kicking your feet up and knowing thanks to the writers and fangirls you've already won.

There's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you just want to join the winning team.

So basically, Shado is the only one that couldn't work and she has a twin. And I didn't even mention Caitlyn and Iris.

On the contrary Shado works best, she was neither crazy nor has she dumped him before, it's already established death has no meaning in this series anyways. CW still needs Caitlin and Iris to have a continuing love triangle on the flash, so they are out.

Tabby

Once you hate someone anything they do start to annoy you.

It's like how John Campea hated Laurel in season 2 and that hatred carried over into season 3, even though Laurel was one of the only good things in season 3.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Unless I'm shown pieces of his blown up body, Deadshot isn't dead.

Even then, I wouldn't rule him coming back as Frankenstein.

morningbus

It's a shame they killed Bronze Tiger off in the comic tie-in. I love Michael Jai White and he should have been used better and more.

Please, Earth 2, bring me my Michael Jai White Black Dynamite/Mr. Terrific that haunts my dreams.

Joni

It's a shame they killed Bronze Tiger off in the comic tie-in. I love Michael Jai White and he should have been used better and more.

Please, Earth 2, bring me my Michael Jai White Black Dynamite/Mr. Terrific that haunts my dreams.

I still don't get why they wrote him out. Michael Jai White isn't some hot star, there is enough time for him to pass by.

Hell, even the show seems to ignore Oliver and Laurel ever dated. Flashbacks wise, Oliver per his words in season 1 should be missing the hell out of Laurel and thinking of her often and yet he's banging every woman he comes across.

What happened to that photo of her he carried with him?

morningbus

Next season's flashbacks are going to be awesome as they have to reconcile the very beginning of the series with where they are in the past.

Blader

It is a shame they can't get anybody of that Suicide Squad on screen anymore.

Except for Lyla, who has now given up being a government agent to be a stay at home mom, I guess. And occasional moral sounding board for Diggle.
I agree with this. Although I would have said: Cupid is stupid.

In 3.5 years, "I'm Cupid....stupid" may have been the most bizarre line reading of the entire show.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Do we know for sure he's dead? We never actually see him die on screen, just that he is seemingly on the roof of that building when it explodes.

When Felicity and Oliver were in the limousine it got shot up like that scene from The Godfather and they still lived, so I don't see why he couldn't have survived that.

This is TV we are talking about, people have lived through much worse (explosions in particular).

Joni

When Felicity and Oliver were in the limousine it got shot up like that scene from The Godfather and they still lived, so I don't see why he couldn't have survived that.
I think he survived, but the mystery is when are they allowed to bring him back? When is Suicide Squad dated enough and Suicide Squad 2 not yet there?

Hell, even the show seems to ignore Oliver and Laurel ever dated. Flashbacks wise, Oliver per his words in season 1 should be missing the hell out of Laurel and thinking of her often and yet he's banging every woman he comes across.
He ended up on the island after cheating on her. He probably quickly dumped that photo once he could have sex with the hotties there.

Except for Lyla, who has now given up being a government agent to be a stay at home mom, I guess. And occasional moral sounding board for Diggle.
Waller is still possible too, I'm really thinking the four criminals.

In 3.5 years, "I'm Cupid....stupid" may have been the most bizarre line reading of the entire show.
Best, you mean best.

morningbus

They went through great pains in his last episode to refer to him explicitly as Lawton over Deadshot, so they could even do a thing where they bring him back and refer to him only as that or even just give him a new codename.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom