• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Another movie victim. Who's next?

I don't really see the point in crippling Felicity, what does it really do for her character? Batgirl couldnt be Batgirl anymore, that was a major thing for the character, Felicity used to sit at a computer and do stuff and now she....is gonna sit a computer and do stuff.

Also, as far as Ollie knows the lazarus pit still works right?

It raises the stakes between Oliver and Dahrk, mostly. She'll walk again and soon, I can guarantee it.

The lazarus pit was destroyed. There are probably more of them, but to his knowledge it's off the table.

It raises the stakes between Oliver and Dahrk, mostly. She'll walk again and soon, I can guarantee it.

The lazarus pit was destroyed. There are probably more of them, but to his knowledge it's off the table.

We know it is destroyed, but when did Ollie find out?

If the crippling is just to raise stakes it was lame, the getting shot and nearly dying was enough.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
DCs whole 'hey get those movie guys off the TV show' thing is so stupid.

Thought this was actually a better episode overall though, terrible claymore scene aside.

ZeroX03

Banned
Waller could easily just never show up in a flashback again.

In which case I'd agree there's probably an embargo, but she's the reason he's on the island and we know he takes at least one more trip off and then back there so it'd be very odd if she didn't show.

Guggenheim confirmed Deadshot was off the table within a few days of his death, we'll see.

DCs whole 'hey get those movie guys off the TV show' thing is so stupid.

Thought this was actually a better episode overall though, terrible claymore scene aside.

Depends on the character.
Harley? Yeah don't waste her hype on Arrow.
Deadshot and Waller nobody is going to go out and pay to see a movie just for them. So in their case it's kinda stupid.

Watching that JL special on CW I realized I now kinda side with WB on some of this.
With the Flash tv series on I seriously couldn't give a shit about him getting a movie and I'm a huge Flash fan.

Sandfox

Depends on the character.
Harley? Yeah don't waste her hype on Arrow.
Headshot and Waller nobody is going to go out and pay to see a movie just for them. So in their case it's kinda stupid.

Watching that JL special on CW I realized I now kinda side with WB on some of this.
With the Flash tv series on I seriously couldn't give a shit about him getting a movie and I'm a huge Flash fan.

Watch WB send out a memo to kill off Barry leading up to the movie.

Chariot

NO NO NO!

With the brother redeemed we now have three black guys on the good side on the show. This is beyound black guy critical mass, even killing off a black woman isn't cutting it. This probably means that Diggle is going to die, which is awful. He is (most of the time) my second favourite character on the Arrow side. Man :/

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i also wonder if this a sign of things to come re: The Flash

gotta prep myself for the worst: hopefully Riverdale is good so i get more CW and MCU puts those new shows out so i get more comic bookery

strafer

And I love that the picture she was burning was just a promo pic of her.

and I must be getting old because Emily is born in 1991

Arrow-Season-3-Episode-5-Felcity-Smoak-Flashback-Look-Full.jpg

samueeL

Banned
For me this felt like absolutely the worst Arrow episode I've ever seen. I had to pick up my season 2 blu-ray and watch Deathstroke episode to feel better.

Sölf

Welp. I didn't expect that. But then again, Amanda Waller never really felt like, well, Amanda Waller. Heck, Person of Interest has a better Waller:

control_855.jpg

Maybe they should get her to play a new one. It can only be better.

Chariot

Sölf;193541024 said:
Welp. I didn't expect that. But then again, Amanda Waller never really felt like, well, Amanda Waller. Heck, Person of Interest has a better Waller:

control_855.jpg

Nailed it.

Magwik

Banned
Sölf;193541024 said:

control_855.jpg

That's not CCH Pounder
She already played Amanda Waller in Warehouse 13 aka secretly one of the best Science Fiction shows to date

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Have you seen Person of Interest? She basically plays white Waller. If you don't care about her skin colour, she is the perfect candidate for my beloved pre-Nu 52 Waller.

That's pretty much the problem. White people have enough roles as is.

Chariot

That's pretty much the problem. White people have enough roles as is.
I understand that, but it wouldn't be a problem to have another white character taking the Argus post and introduce a major black character somewhere else. As it is, Argus is probably taken over by Diggles white wife, so I don't know what your point is here. I don't say CCH Pounder couldn't do it, but that white actress did excellent work in Person of Interest in what was essentially the same role.

May also be partly because Person of Interest and it's characters are actually well written.

Johndoey

Banned
Sölf;193541024 said:

control_855.jpg

A white Waller is not Waller.

Fun fact: CCH Pounder voiced Waller in Justice League: Unlimited
Exactly she's actually perfect for the role.

Fun fact: CCH Pounder voiced Waller in Justice League: Unlimited

She was also only one or two steps removed from Waller in her Warehouse 13 role.

Why they haven't cast her as a live-action Wall I'll never know.

(Not that I'm complaining about Squad, Viola Davis is one hell of a pick. I mean before that.)

Chariot

A white Waller is not Waller.
Why not? Really, skin colour isn't too important for the character. Of course, it adds to her legacy (pre-new52) as a character that is in a powerful position despite having all odds stacked against her. Overweight, female, black and without superpowers in a world full of superpowered beings and people and even going as far as being able to threaten Batman, but her character doesn't hinge on her skin colour.

And no, I am not saying that she shouldn't be black, I am arguing for the wonderful acting of the actress in Person of Interest, that was so far my best experience with a liveaction Waller. Arrow Waller was just stupid, skinny and constantly taking L's.

Well, not bad for an episode that only existed to kill off a movie character. At least we got to see Goth Felicity, even if they killed her off too. Got to clear the decks for Death in the Sandman movie. Can't have anyone else sharing her look.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why can't white people make their own Amanda Waller?

Well, not bad for an episode that only existed to kill off a movie character. At least we got to see Goth Felicity, even if they killed her off too. Got to clear the decks for Death in the Sandman movie. Can't have anyone else sharing her look.

They also moved Diggle and his brother's relationship forward, which is important.

Johndoey

Banned
Why not? Really, skin colour isn't too important for the character. Of course, it adds to her legacy (pre-new52) as a character that is in a powerful position despite having all odds stacked against her. Overweight, female, black and without superpowers in a world full of superpowered beings and people and even going as far as being able to threaten Batman, but her character doesn't hinge on her skin colour.

And no, I am not saying that she shouldn't be black, I am arguing for the wonderful acting of the actress in Person of Interest, that was so far my best experience with a liveaction Waller. Arrow Waller was just stupid, skinny and constantly taking L's.
Why the fuck would we take one of the few decent black characters in comics and get a white woman to portray her? Fucking really that shit makes sense to you? The fact that her skin color isn't brought up often is why her skin color is important to the character.

I mean shit good for you that you support white washing I suppose.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, I get that you dig what Camryn Manheim did in Person of Interest, but the idea of moving her in just so she's a more accurate Waller is sketchy at best. Just think about it, Waller dies, and we replace her with a better (whiter) Waller. That's fucked up.

You want to separate race out of the equation but that's impossible, especially for someone like Waller.

And really, they killed her off. What's done is done. They should just go in a different direction with the head of Argus. If they are even using them going forward.

Chariot

Why the fuck would we take one of the few decent black characters in comics and get a white woman to portray her? Fucking really that shit makes sense to you? The fact that her skin color isn't brought up often is why her skin color is important to the character.
Why do you twist my words? I don't want to take anything from you, Camryn Manheim is probably not swooping in and taking the role as reincarnated timelord Waller. Arrow had it's Waller and she seems to be dead for now and Lyla is probably taking over the post. As it is the role is lost, until it's revealed that that was just Argus robot double or if she is revived by something later on. Take a step back and think about the probability of me really asking to just introduce Amanda Waller 2.

My point was, since Soelf was posting her here, to appreciate Camryn Manheim's acting in a role so similiar to pre-New52 Amanda Waller that it was basically white Waller, while I didn't have much love for Arrow's skinny, stupid Waller. But, alas, it seems I am now whitewasher.
Yeah, I get that you dig what Camryn Manheim did in Person of Interest, but the idea of moving her in just so she's a more accurate Waller is sketchy at best. Just think about it, Waller dies, and we replace her with a better (whiter) Waller. That's fucked up.

You want to separate race out of the equation but that's impossible, especially for someone like Waller.

And really, they killed her off. What's done is done. They should just go in a different direction with the head of Argus. If they are even using them going forward.
I don't know if my understanding of grammar and vocabulary is worse than I thought, but all I wanted to express is that PoI Control was a better Waller than actual Arrow Waller. I don't think Amanda Waller is a timelord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom