• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

weshes195

Very good episode, definitely one of the season's most consistent episode with the pacing and tone.

Had a happy ending too (obviously won't stay that way). :(

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Ok Arrow writers you just killed Amanda Waller, no need to be killing off anymore black people.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cynthia Addai-Robinson just physically didn't have the presence needed to sell Amanda Waller as an authority figure, she was too young, too small and scowling really hard doesn't change that. In the trailers alone Viola Davis doesn't seem nearly as angry but a lot more authoritative. A 28 year old Waller... yeah.

Good episode overall. The Diggle quality streak continues. They even burned through the Felicity stuff pretty quickly and effectively, the trailer made it seem a lot more depressing then it was.

The Light

This would have been a good episode if that death wasn't a part of it. Really brought down the episode for me.
Cynthia Addai-Robinson just physically didn't have the presence needed to sell Amanda Waller as an authority figure, she was too young, too small and scowling really hard doesn't change that. In the trailers alone Viola Davis doesn't seem nearly as angry but a lot more authoritative. A 28 year old Waller... yeah.

Good episode overall. The Diggle quality streak continues. They even burned through the Felicity stuff pretty quickly and effectively, the trailer made it seem a lot more depressing then it was.

I actually agreed with this when she made her first appearance on arrow, but I think she nailed the role being cold as ice.

carlsojo

this is the part where we learn that was Waller's double and the real Waller is waiting in the shadows.

That would be a pretty Waller thing to do. I wonder if our Waller has been holding Argus/the government in check thus far and that's why they haven't really interfered with the metahumans running round.

Slayven

they had three black people in the same room, I knew that shit wouldn't stand

1298402248.jpg

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm still catching up on the episode but got damn this Felicity acting is just hot garbage.

I'm going to agree here, in fact that entire Felicity hallucination was a hot garbage plot line. It doesn't help that I was rewatching that West Wing episode earlier today where Josh has to talk to that psychiatrist about his PTSD. That shit is like master class writing in showcasing that kind of stuff. Now, I don't expect Sorkin writing on "Arrow" but that Felicity subplot was major bad. And, this is coming from someone who likes Felicity.

The other thing bothering me is that Oliver STILL hasn't told Felicity about his son, we all know that is just a ticking time bomb that will likely blow up the relationship.

I can't believe I watched an episode of Arrow where felicity hallucinated and yelled at herself in front of another character and i still enjoyed it more than the preceding episode of flash. :|

at least dig got some kickass fight scenes and basically all the felicity/ollie scenes were good. wheelchair drama is over already, which i'm very surprised by.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Very few actresses come away looking good when compared to Viola Davis.

I mean look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sce_K-dMjfE

Viola Davis has an amazing voice and charisma, she has superb presence on scene. Can't wait to see her as Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad. Hoping for a scene with her and Batfleck.

I agree with ZeroX03, I never bought into Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Amanda Waller.

Goth Felicity is hottest Felicity.

I finished watching and I need sleep but I just wanted to say, AHHHH HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Arrow's Waller having a lack of presence aside the flim division is cleaning up Arrow's use of Suicide Squad members despite that "multi-verse" PR nonsense they try to spin I wouldn't be surprised if
Katana
is next. I dread what shit they'll be doing to the Flash when that movie rolls around.

I'm most disappointed we're not going to get a Naevia/Crixus reunion.

Error

Goth Felicity is hottest Felicity.

I finished watching and I need sleep but I just wanted to say, AHHHH HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. The flim division is cleaning up Arrow's use of Suicide Squad members despite that "multi-verse" PR nonsense they try to spin I wouldn't be surprised if
Katana
is next. I dread what shit they'll be doing to the Flash when that movie rolls around.
By the time the Flash movie rolls in, the show will be in its 5th season. Don't think there'll be anything to clean :p

By the time the Flash movie rolls in, the show will be in its 5th season. Don't think there'll be anything to clean :p

It'll be like 2/3rds or 3/4ths into its fourth when the movie is currently set to come out so this stuff is going to start potentially in season three as it did with Arrow and Suicide Squad last year.

Error

It'll be like 2/3rds or 3/4ths into its fourth when the movie is currently set to come out so this stuff is going to start potentially in season three as it did with Arrow and Suicide Squad last year.

it doesn't matter really, they used his most famous villain in season 1 and for season 3 they'll use his second (Grodd), I don't think there's anything more to dig after that.

The show has actually been a blessing for WB since it's doing goodwill to the Flash, a relative forgotten character who's popularity has risen considerably thanks to the show. We'll see how Ezra handles the character, but right now making a Flash tv show was the right call regardless of the movie.

it doesn't matter really, they used his most famous villain in season 1 and for season 3 they'll use his second (Grodd), I don't think there's anything more to dig after that.

The show has actually been a blessing for WB since it's doing goodwill to the Flash, a relative forgotten character who's popularity has risen considerably thanks to the show. We'll see how Ezra handles the character, but right now making a Flash tv show was the right call regardless of the movie.

Well, yeah they've been rushing through the major ones so that wouldn't be as much of an issue but who knows what the film division will pull when the movie rolls around.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Goth Felicity is still best Felicity.

Those war flashbacks were awful. It looked so cheap like it was some fan made YouTube video. I know Canada is no Middle East, but damn use some shitty CGI or something.

I never really cared for Waller. So eh.

But of course Andy will play some role in the island and Oliver.

Ollie: "Diggle, I lied to you. I was your brother on that island."

Skux

I liked the episode, it was a nice self-contained trip that tied up some loose ends on Diggle's side (namely Andy) and actually gave us some good Olicity scenes.

Although, it looks like Andy just shot up the list to be the name on the grave.

I was a little shocked by Waller's death and then came to this thread and saw... oh yeah, Suicide Squad movie :\

Another movie victim. Who's next?

I don't really see the point in crippling Felicity, what does it really do for her character? Batgirl couldnt be Batgirl anymore, that was a major thing for the character, Felicity used to sit at a computer and do stuff and now she....is gonna sit a computer and do stuff.

Also, as far as Ollie knows the lazarus pit still works right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom