• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Chariot I know you mean well but killing of a black character to only replace her with a white one, of the same name, doesn't look or sound good no matter what direction you look at it.

Chariot

Chariot I know you mean well but killing of a black character to only replace her with a white one, of the same name, doesn't look or sound good no matter what direction you look at it.
I didn't say that at all.

Well, apparently I did, if so many people misunderstand me. But I didn't mean to say that anyway.

Volimar

It's Mr. Terrific, not Mr. Fantastic. I can't believe you guys mixed that up.

Also, let's just get Justice League Waller. CCH Pounder can voice her and everyone can have scenes with an animated Waller.

Sölf;193541024 said:
Welp. I didn't expect that. But then again, Amanda Waller never really felt like, well, Amanda Waller. Heck, Person of Interest has a better Waller:

control_855.jpg

Maybe they should get her to play a new one. It can only be better.

Fuck, "Control" was great.
even her theme was good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImAOrnqY0wM
God I miss POI

Johndoey

Banned
If all things were equal I'd be down for the casting change, but they aren't. White people are viewed as inherently superior to minorities even now, the concept of switching a historically black character with a better, lighter skinned model feels so so awful.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey, is Ted Grant/Wildcat dead? I mean... They never confirmed it?

I believe he retired for good when he got his ass beat.

A shame that the Wildcat stuff didn't really go anywhere. I wonder what happened behind the scenes with that.

Edit: Found out some of the behind the scenes stuff:
Ted was written out of the show due to J.R. Ramirez being cast in the Starz series, Power. Despite the ambiguous nature of the character's fate, Marc Guggenheim confirmed that he was not killed off.

Yeah, a white Waller or even just a white Waller-type character would be pretty awful given the Arrowverse already has an unfortunate case of white-washing as with the case of Ra's al Ghul or Sin, technically even White Canary. The Wall is one of the most badass non-superhero DC characters out there, and her being black is a good field for representation, regardless of how terribly done she was here. One of the things I praise the upcoming Suicide Squad film for is the rather diverse cast they have out there, especially when you think in one movie they basically have more POC and female characters than practically every Marvel movie out there now combined.

Also to be fair to Arrow if they were genuinely unintentional with skipping over chunky Waller, New 52 Waller is slim and young which may be what they were using.

Chase17

Thought the delivery of the "and after 20 minuttes, I'll ask you again" was pretty funny for some reason. Decent episode. Hallucination story line didn't really cut it for me. I still think Diggle's helmet looks hilarious. Interested to see what they do with Andy now after a few weeks of the storyline getting stale.

Oh yeah. Did Andy not watch DIggle go and plant the explosive? Thought it was odd when he decided to run up to it.

Do we think Felicity walks again by the end of the season?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Really enjoyed that.

Read about a major death, was incredibly worried it was Diggle - Thank God it wasn't (Yet :'()

Also "I would've called you Oracle, but it's been taken." So good

Joni

Drama resolved in one episode. DAMN YOU ARROW WRITERS.
Getting somewhere on the flashback storyline, that is exciting.
And damn it on Waller. But she seems like the type to use body doubles.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Thought the delivery of the "and after 20 minuttes, I'll ask you again" was pretty funny for some reason. Decent episode. Hallucination story line didn't really cut it for me. I still think Diggle's helmet looks hilarious. Interested to see what they do with Andy now after a few weeks of the storyline getting stale.

Oh yeah. Did Andy not watch DIggle go and plant the explosive? Thought it was odd when he decided to run up to it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01...us-diggles-new-helmet-and-the-flash-crossover

IGN: One great thing about The Flash and Arrow crossing over is that Cisco can make fun gadgets for the Team Arrow gang. With the crossover coming up, can we expect any updated outfits for Diggle or anyone else in the team?

Ramsey: I can say this: Central City will be working on an upgrade to Diggle's helmet. That is yet to come, and we will be seeing some of that come out of Central City. As the first iteration came out of Central City, we will see an upgrade also come out. But in terms of Central City's help with technology to help us combat the magic, that has yet to be seen.

IGN: Have you seen the new helmet yet? Do you like it?

Ramsey: I have not seen it yet! I have not seen it. Listen, there's two things I'm anxious about: my helmet, and who's in the grave. The rest of which I'm cool with.

morningbus

New helmet... Team Arrow needs a mystical upgrade...

Oh shit. Diggle is Doctor Fate.

Well, they didn't lie apparantly about improving on S3.

I'm glad this season has seen the ratings rise, too. They've made good on a lot of their promises.

Joni

I'm glad this season has seen the ratings rise, too. They've made good on a lot of their promises.
Funny thing, the ratings for S3 were higher than the ratings for S2 with S4 being just before S3 in demo and just behind in viewers.
( http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-four-ratings-38484/ vs http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-three-ratings-34284/ vs http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-two-ratings-30300/ vs http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-one-ratings-25001/ )

After Felicity takes Damien Darhk's power so she has super powers going into season five. This will also be the primary source of drama for the character through most of the season.

Diggle's helmet has a T-shape for a reason. He gets a better helmet and then just tosses his old one at Curtis because he's "doing such a terrific job".

Still not sure what to think on Felicity in a wheelchair other than a cheap way to generate angst. Where's the meaning? Barbara Gordon lost the use of her legs and no longer could fight crime out on the streets. Felicity was always the computer girl and now continues to be computer girl.

morningbus

Oh yeah, I know. I meant this season compared against itself. The ratings were down a lot more at the beginning of the season but have stayed up since the Flash crossover.

Joni

Diggle's helmet has a T-shape for a reason. He gets a better helmet and then just tosses his old one at Curtis because he's "doing such a terrific job".

Still not sure what to think on Felicity in a wheelchair other than a cheap way to generate angst. Where's the meaning? Barbara Gordon lost the use of her legs and no longer could fight crime out on the streets. Felicity was always the computer girl and now continues to be computer girl.
They want to do Oracle stories so they made one. Who knows, maybe they want birds of prey.

morningbus

Is Afghanistan supposed to look like Canadian woods with a yellow filter? I've never been there.

While I agree that it was obviously Vancouver, let's not fall into the ethnocentric trap of assuming everywhere in the middle-east is flat dessert, either.

While I agree that it was obviously Vancouver, let's not fall into the ethnocentric trap of assuming everywhere in the middle-east is flat dessert, either.

Of course not.

But that scenes with the two cars driving around just looked super cheap and not in the "where's the desert" way. It just stood really out, that's all.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure

Aren't large parts of Afghanistan mountainous and heavy wooded? You'd think that would work in their favor if they trying to recreate the ambiance of that area of the world.

morningbus

Aren't large parts of Afghanistan mountainous and heavy wooded? You'd think that would work in their favor if they trying to recreate the ambiance of that area of the world.

They don't have the same trees though, so it looks off.

They probably would have been better off just shooting it in some sandpit. No one would complain about it.

Wildcat is still lying in the street somewhere beat up. That was literally the last time they showed him. We didn't even get to see him get up or be sitting in an ambulance while Team Arrow walks by or anything.

Yes. Yes, spin Felicity off to her own show. Or, rather, as this is already her show, spin everyone else off to another show. Then I can totally watch the one without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom