• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

These characters are so dumb. Malcom is still alive and fucking them over because they are idiots, not because he is particularly smart or clever.

And now we've reached the beginning of the cycle again, and Malcom is once again up to shenanigans. This time with Darhk, who could've predicted that?

edit: yeah my feelings are summed up by that gif.

Let me sum up the episode in one sole jif.

IzaUPhZ.gif

That will be all from me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What a horrible fight.. Ollie dominating Malcom in his casual jacket is stupid. Why do they care so little about important fights in this show? Same for Season 3 Ollie final encounter against Ras that joke was a fight compared to the battles against Merlin or Slade in earlier seasons.

The league itself was a joke anyway with ever member being canon Fodder for 2 seasons already.

What a horrible fight.. Ollie dominating Malcom in his casual jacket is stupid. Why do they care so little about important fights in this show? Same for Season 3 Ollie final encounter against Ras that joke was a fight compared to the battles against Merlin or Slade in earlier seasons.

The league itself was a joke anyway with ever member being canon Fodder for 2 seasons already.
Grundy beating the shit out of Ollie is the peak of fighting on this show.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Aren't they meeting Connor pretty far into the future?

It's probably Diggle's Grandson (which would explain the last name change, too).

ZeroX03

Banned
Aren't they meeting Connor pretty far into the future?

It's probably Diggle's Grandson (which would explain the last name change, too).

It's
. Not far enough for a grandchild really.

I'm totally down for Connor Hawke being a Diggle relative. Great idea. An awesome way to keep things in the 'family'.

Joni

Could be the son of Andy Jr Diggle. Or depending on Connor's age, Diggle could get a son by season 10 for this to work.

So was Roy no longer being a regular because his contract ran up and Colton Haynes didn't want to renew for another season as a regular or did the writers write him out because they wanted Thea to take up the mantle of his position on the team and always planned on him being only there for a few seasons?

Dalek

This show just needs a major shake up to be fresh again. It's been stale for a long time and it's just such a chore to watch.

I can't even figure out what it would be. The League is boring. Malcolm is boring. Oliver is boring! The flashbacks are boring.

I thought the introduction of magic into this season would be a jolt in the arm but it's barely been an addition at all-just Damien always TKing Oliver's arrows.

ZeroX03

Banned
So was Roy no longer being a regular because his contract ran up and Colton Haynes didn't want to renew for another season as a regular or did the writers write him out because they wanted Thea to take up the mantle of his position on the team and always planned on him being only there for a few seasons?

When Colton joined the show it was for a two year stint only. Everyone involved agreed. Between Teen Wolf and Arrow, it seems he doesn't want to stay attached to any show for too long.

When Colton joined the show it was for a two year stint only. Everyone involved agreed. Between Teen Wolf and Arrow, it seems he doesn't want to stay attached to any show for too long.
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. I wonder why, both shows would gladly keep him around.

I remember once reading rumors that Colton booked the Arrow role while he was still attached to Teen Wolf and the crew of that show only found out after he got cast. Wonder if that was ever actually true.

- J - D -

It's not season 3 redux because Felicity is actually pretty good this season.

So the show pays the price for that by sacrificing everyone else to the idiot farm.

Joni

I hope not. Season 3's thread was the most miserable, unreadable, joyless thing I've ever come across on Neogaf.
Indeed. We should never go back there.

I remember once reading rumors that Colton booked the Arrow role while he was still attached to Teen Wolf and the crew of that show only found out after he got cast. Wonder if that was ever actually true.
I don't know if that is how it went, but it was at least after filming the finale because his character just got written out in the third season premiere.

I don't know if that is how it went, but it was at least after filming the finale because his character just got written out in the third season premiere.
Teen Wolf definitely had major plans for his character. There was a bunch of cut story-lines for him, that ended up being used for other characters on the show in later seasons. I never particularly cared for his character and I found him more likable as Roy so I won't complain.

Blader

I actually like, contrary to others here, that Ollie can so effortlessly beat down Malcolm now, but I do wish there had been more to the fight. They were building it up as this years-in-the-making rematch to the death and it was over in 30 seconds.

Also, I know this isn't new to this season, but I always laugh at the thought of the League carrying around these huge ass torches everywhere they go and setting them up in a very decorative fashion to designate random warehouses and rooftops (where hundreds of people in nearby buildings could've very easily watched the whole fight?) as sacred places.

ZeroX03

Banned
If they were stretched for budget, they should've just had Malcolm obviously give up. Like blatantly. Not a half hearted looking mess of a fight from everyone involved, especially when it invokes imagery from TWO of the best fights on the show (Sacrifice/The Calm).

They can't do it every episode, but a time and money saving Indiana Jones style instant fight ender can work very well too.

Joni

If they were stretched for budget, they should've just had Malcolm obviously give up. Like blatantly. Not a half hearted looking mess of a fight from everyone involved, especially when it invokes imagery from TWO of the best fights on the show (Sacrifice/The Calm).

They can't do it every episode, but a time and money saving Indiana Jones style instant fight ender can work very well too.

If Malcolm had just given up, it just doesn't work. Then he can't blame Oliver.

Johndoey

Banned
Malcolm needs a sick robot hand to get back in the game. And he needs to bring Tommy back to life. Probably get some sword fighting lessons. Buy a gun or something. Maybe leave the city for a while.
Gotta reevaluate his choices in life.

ZeroX03

Banned
Not even close. This season is amazing. It´s better than the Flash, and the last episode of Arrow was better than the Flash. All the Flash had last week was mostly fan service.

There's some obviously problematic stuff in Arrow that becomes evident the more the show goes on, but I certainly enjoy the show more than S3 and think it's found a comfortable groove. Flashbacks are something they really need to go big with in S5 and then finish permanently because they're dead air for two years now.

The Diana/Hal/Bruce fan service annoyed me. You could've put Max, Johnny and Bart there and I would have lost my shit by referencing characters we can actually meet.

Emwitus

There were so many things wrong with how they portrayed the league but i will start with this. Even with budget constraints and all, why the hack do they make the league's layer look like its right accros the parking lot? I mean the arrow team just shows up there in the same clothes they'd show up to a coffee cafe with. Why not have them wear puff coats and boots to show some sort of travelling happened? Small things like that destroy the atmosphere of a show for me.

Magwik

Banned
Regarding the league noting makes sense about it. The writers went on record saying that their end goal for S3 was to have Malcom at the head of the League (without knowing how to get there) only to do absolutely nothing with that idea in S4, and then throw them away. It was an absolute waste of everyone's time.

Chariot

How much is left of the league anyway? They regularly got their ass kicked by Team Arrow wandering into their HQ, Malcom was burning them at a whim, then this internal struggle things. The league can't have possibility have tens of thousands of trained assassins. The HQ should've just been called Mookland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom