• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, what?

What more believable reason for a relationship to break up then loss of trust is there? That's very realistic.

Also the protagonist isn't be a dick for no reason. He was told he couldn't have a relationship with his son if he told anyone. Hence he didn't tell anyone because having that relationship is important (and Guggenheim agrees).

He could just tell Felicity (because it's a big deal, and he trusts her and is going to marry her) and just, you know, not tell the ex girlfriend. And I only say it's not believable because Oliver seems to trust Felicity with everything else; this is only an exception because this relationship needs to end because the powers at be say so.

He could just tell Felicity (because it's a big deal, and he trusts her and is going to marry her) and just, you know, not tell the ex girlfriend. And I only say it's not believable because Oliver seems to trust Felicity with everything else; this is only an exception because this relationship needs to end because the powers at be say so.

There's also the fact that it's a completely unreasonable request on her part and she can't do shit about it legally if he did tell someone.

It's just fabricated soooo drama bullshit :/

Joni

It is clear that the episode didn't have Felicity drama, so we're already predicting Felicity drama for weeks in the future.

Add in the fact that we now know that Merlin knows about him it becomes even more stupid .
Along with other factors like how would she even know if he tells anyone etc etc etc
The whole thing make no sense other than to fabricated stupid love drama .

EDIT side note i really like the music when oliver and merlin fight .
Remind of season 1 and 2 music .

Joni

Guys, don't be stupid, there is a clear reason why they didn't remove shirts in this fight. Think of the outrage when Nyssa shows
that Barrowman isn't a muscled god
People would freak out, mothers would call for a ban on the show.

ZeroX03

Banned
It is nice to see the 'Suicide Squad' problems aren't impacting her return. She fits very well within a 'lighter' Arrow.

The embargo would never affect her, she's not in the movie (and never will be) and she's actually a Green Arrow character. Created by Kreisberg no less. That's as safe as it gets. They should've never bothered trying to tease Harley and just used her from the beginning.

Joni

The embargo would never affect her, she's not in the movie (and never will be) and she's actually a Green Arrow character. Created by Kreisberg no less. That's as safe as it gets. They should've never bothered trying to tease Harley and just used her from the beginning.

More related to the discussion we had here a couple of days ago, that since she was in custody of ARGUS as Suicide Squad, it would be difficult to bring her back.

Is it me or is the league not only weak but dumb? Ollie now had to depose 2 Ras'es for them and elect a new one by passing on a fucking ring.

Really like Ollie's conclusion though, long time coming. Though kinda odd Felicity would push so hard for Ollie to kill Malcolm. She probably has the lowest stakes on the issue.

ZeroX03

Banned
More related to the discussion we had here a couple of days ago, that since she was in custody of ARGUS as Suicide Squad, it would be difficult to bring her back.

Not really at all, she was just an ARGUS prisoner who was inducted into the Squad. They don't have to mention the Squad at all. It seems to be specific characters off limits, not the whole Suicide Squad and everyone ever involved in it. There's just enough people off limits not to bother with it, but ARGUS is still around and Lyla's back there.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Episode was okay, but the flashbacks continues to be the worst part of the show.

Indeed, however, for once in a long while the flashback actually tied thematically to the current day plot. Also, this season better end with the death of Malcolm Merlyn, shit is getting ridiculous now. These writers love Barrowman but they need to accept that his character has run his use and needs to fucking die.

i called it when we first met his son that he was going to be the grave

Nah, kid's mom is going to be in the grave and then Oliver will have to actually take charge of raising his son with (or without) Felicity.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
oh my fucking god, so this is going to lead to oliver and felicity breaking up over oliver lying about his son. Fuck off, arrow writers. Christ. If you need them to break up, do it for believable reasons, not having the now trusting, nice guy oliver suddenly break character and lie to his fucking girlfriend and have that break of characterization be the lynchpin of it.

There are ways to end relationships that don't involve our hero protagonist being fucking dicks for nonsensical reasons. Barry did this dumb ass shit, and now is Oliver. Ugh. I would have preferred Felicity dying over this horrible shit.
I think the same. Somehow this is all really unbelievable :/

Joni

Am I supposed to feel bad for crippled Felicity? Is that what the script strives for? Because she is even more annoying right now.
You're supposed to look at her and think, great, she is in a wheelchair but she can still do regular stuff. So it is uplifting for differently abled people to be glad to have someone on television.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first episode this season I really did not like.

Just..bad in my book.
The fights, the story of the episode..it was just a mess and boring for me.

strafer

Guess we all got the D.

QmsHEgv.png

Watching right now and the crime street scene with Lance somehow looked like the fakest set ever. I have no idea why I'm thinking that, but it somehow looked bad.

Also, how fucking stupid was Nyssa to not bring backup?

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Watching right now and the crime street scene with Lance somehow looked like the fakest set ever. I have no idea why I'm thinking that, but it somehow looked bad.

It did but I wished we had more fight scenes among the citizens of Star City instead of in the usual warehouse or roof tops (really the League dragged those fire pits to the roof?).

It was chaotic with citizens taking arrows to the chest as they're running away. It had potential. Reminded me of when Slade's army rampaged through the city or when the earthquake machine was going off when Thea pleaded to Roy to take the AT&T Don't Text and Drive Pledge.

Also, how fucking stupid was Nyssa to not bring backup?
"Oh, no! There are four or so League mooks that I've been killing without breaking a sweat for years! Run!"

And then there's also that awesome part where Ra's al Ghul, plus like another four League guys, can't push Oliver out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom