• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

No way it's Laurel. They just recently made her the Black Canary. Heck, they already went the "killed off Canary" route. And brought back the other one (who will be in her own series). Be kinda too soon to kill her off, which I hope they never do.

I bet it's Felicity, Thea, Diggle or Oliver's baby mama. They've been slowing playing that last one off last few years, could work.

Penguin

Comic preview is out

CQVaaa2WcAASTtg.jpg

MartyStu

No way Barry would miss Felicity's funeral and I don't see Oliver being this devastated about Chest Hair's death.

My money is on Thea, Laurel or Diggle. I'm inclined to think the latter.

I bet it is Chest Hair. His deal with the devil kind of removes his moral high ground.

Without that, his character is useless.

People don't seem to be that down with Speed Weed on IMDB for his Law and Order work.

I quoted this for a reason but then forgot to actually address it...

I think it is great how Ollie just now bring up he knows magic 'is real' and he has seen it, and not once previously thought to say "Oh that thing we saw could be magic".

Why you think people make fun of the Oliver/Diggle "on the island" thing here? ;)

It's just showing the show runners and writers making shit up as they go along.

People don't seem to be that down with Speed Weed on IMDB for his Law and Order work.

I quoted this for a reason but then forgot to actually address it...

Why you think people make fun of the Oliver/Diggle "on the island" thing here? ;)

I honestly interpreted it to mean that he saw that stuff when he was heir to Ra's al Ghul. I'm sure Raysh/Rahz would have told him about all sorts of mystic shit, since he used to be buddy-buddy with Darhk.

Skux

This happens for every show whether you know it or not. Even if a writer has a solid 5-year plan for their show, production issues, fan feedback, casting and budget all come into play.

The trick is in making it seamless, so viewers feel like the events make sense in the show's universe. Cleaning up loose ends and giving new concepts time to establish themselves is crucial.

So just like every other show on earth, sans Babylon 5

Even Babylon 5 had to change its captain after its first season.

ZeroX03

Banned
Long term plans in TV shows suck. Let things grow organically. God forbid we need another HIMYM where they stick to an endgame that was outdated after the first season.

Laurel and Oliver have far more chemistry as friends than lovers, sorry purists.

Magwik

Banned
Long term plans in TV shows suck. Let things grow organically. God forbid we need another HIMYM where they stick to an endgame that was outdated after the first season.

Laurel and Oliver have far more chemistry as friends than lovers, sorry purists.

I wonder if Ollie would bang Sara after being dead for like 8 months

ZeroX03

Banned
This is largely where I am and I'm feeling the same with
Barry/Iris
over in Flash.

I hope they do Patty Spivot well. Iris feels a lot more like a childhood friend and it would be nice for Barry to geek out with someone other than Cisco.

I wonder if Ollie would bang Sara after being dead for like 8 months

They have a great friends with benefits vibe going on. Dead girls suit Ollie.

Magwik

Banned
I hope they do Patty Spivot well. Iris feels a lot more like a childhood friend and it would be nice for Barry to geek out with someone other than Cisco.

They have a great friends with benefits vibe going on. Dead girls suit Ollie.
Don't be so quick to write off all the possible vibe puns in a Barry/Cisco wozzly fic

gazele

Banned
It seems to obvious to be Diggle, so I'm thinking its somebody else, overall liked the episode, helmet aside

The whole thea thing was a little weird, she's super happy in the first scene and then can't stop beating that guy near the end, weird

It's almost as if that's what all writers do.

So just like every other show on earth, sans Babylon 5

This happens for every show whether you know it or not. Even if a writer has a solid 5-year plan for their show, production issues, fan feedback, casting and budget all come into play.

The trick is in making it seamless, so viewers feel like the events make sense in the show's universe. Cleaning up loose ends and giving new concepts time to establish themselves is crucial.

Even Babylon 5 had to change its captain after its first season.

No shit Sherlocks, that wasn't the point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think for any type of mystery, you should know ahead of time where you're going with it so it doesn't come off as contrived. Eventually you're going to get to the end, and it has to make sense.

Like the "Who killed the Black Canary?" plotline from last season. I wonder if they knew where that was going right away, or just made the pieces fit where they could.

Something like this is pretty open, it just has to be someone that is important to Oliver. You could even introduce a new character this season, kill them off and it works. Heck, it could even be someone from the flashbacks that appears in the present day (like always) and then is killed. Because of how open it is, they can get there however they need to. But I just want to motives and circumstances to make sense when they get there

Xanathus

I bet it is Chest Hair. His deal with the devil kind of removes his moral high ground.

Without that, his character is useless.

That was my first thought but then it doesn't make sense why Barry would be at at the grave since he doesn't know Chest Hair. It has to be someone he has been in contact with so it's either Felicity or Diggle.

Volimar

That was my first thought but then it doesn't make sense why Barry would be at at the grave since he doesn't know Chest Hair. It has to be someone he has been in contact with so it's either Felicity or Diggle.

Chesthair guested on the Flash too. I think Flash was there more for moral support than anything else. Chesthair is my bet too. Going along with the evil for whatever reason and then dying in an act of redemption.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Hasn't Barry met Lance, Felicity, Diggle, and Laurel at this point? I figured he had between his intro episodes in Season 2 of Arrow and the crossover episodes last year.

Xanathus

Chesthair guested on the Flash too. I think Flash was there more for moral support than anything else. Chesthair is my bet too. Going along with the evil for whatever reason and then dying in an act of redemption.

Hasn't Barry met Lance, Felicity, Diggle, and Laurel at this point? I figured he had between his intro episodes in Season 2 of Arrow and the crossover episodes last year.
Barry did not meet Chest Hair in that episode, it was just Cisco and Black Dad. I agree that it makes sense for Lance to die but there is also a possibility that no one actually does and its revealed to be a ruse to trick Dark.

Barry did not meet Chest Hair in that episode, it was just Cisco and Black Dad. I agree that it makes sense for Lance to die but there is also a possibility that no one actually does and its revealed to be a ruse to trick Dark.

But he did meet Lance before he got his powers. When they were investigating the equipment Solomon Grundy stole from Queen Consolidated.

ZeroX03

Banned
Barry meets Lance in his first episode (#208) and again in the second half of the crossover (#308). Lance refers to him as Bart.

Xanathus

Barry meets Lance in his first episode (#208) and again in the second half of the crossover (#308). Lance refers to him as Bart.
I've forgotten that then, in that case yeah it seems like Lance is the obvious one to die. Shrug. I guess that's one way to work around the whole White Canary thing in Legends.

My money is on someone in the Diggle family - I think its a toss up between Diggle, Lyla or the kid. All three end with Mr. Diggle leaving the team although Lyla/kid leaves it open for him to come back (not that death means too much on Arrow).

Magwik

Banned
It seems to obvious to be Diggle, so I'm thinking its somebody else, overall liked the episode, helmet aside

The whole thea thing was a little weird, she's super happy in the first scene and then can't stop beating that guy near the end, weird
Nah this isn't Moffat we are dealing with. Dig is dead
Also that only helps demonstrate how crazy or inconsistent you can be after taking a magic splash

tensuke

Just watched it.

(the six months later thing)
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS WHY WOULD YOU THIS

Oliver loves Felicity, but can't be with her as the Arrow.

Felicity loves Oliver, but is bored when he's not the Arrow.

Thea blames the Arrow for everyone's death, so she trains with Merlyn and becomes the Red Arrow.

I could go on, but the characters they've created in this show are so weak.
The longer this show goes on, the bigger an issue it's going to become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom