• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Oliver loves Felicity, but can't be with her as the Arrow.

Felicity loves Oliver, but is bored when he's not the Arrow.

Thea blames the Arrow for everyone's death, so she trains with Merlyn and becomes the Red Arrow.

I could go on, but the characters they've created in this show are so weak.
The longer this show goes on, the bigger an issue it's going to become.

The Flash embodies the spirit of comic books for all the zany stuff it features.

Arrow embodies the spirit of comic books for all the wonky character development.

ZeroX03

Banned
ALL NEW, ALL GREEN EPISODE TONIGHT

#402 - "The Candidate"
JERI RYAN GUEST STARS; INTRODUCING ECHO KELLUM - When an old family friend, Jessica Danforth (guest star Jeri Ryan), tells Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Thea (Willa Holland) that she is going to run for mayor, both Queens are concerned considering the last three mayors have been murdered. Despite their protests, Jessica makes her announcement so the Green Arrow and Speedy vow to protect her. Meanwhile, Thea begins to exhibit effects from the Lazarus Pit. In addition, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is faced with a tough business decision and looks to one of her employees, Curtis Holt (guest star Echo Kellum), for help cooking omelets for Oliver. John Behring directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim and Keto Shimizu.

DeathyBoy

Banned
The Flash embodies the spirit of comic books for all the zany stuff it features.

Arrow embodies the spirit of comic books for all the wonky character development.

Hey now, Arrow is Batman to Flash's Superman. Let's just all...

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is faced with a tough business decision and looks to one of her employees, Curtis Holt (guest star Echo Kellum), for help cooking omelets for Oliver.

... wait, seriously?

TheOddOne

ALL NEW, ALL GREEN EPISODE TONIGHT
frustrated.gif

Volotaire

I find it hard to comprehend that because there is a difference between the source of powers between Damien Dhark and metahumans, it means they should not call in the Flash. The Arrow has a large problem in suspending, at least my, belief in these types of situations.

I find it hard to comprehend that because there is a difference between the source of powers between Damien Dhark and metahumans, it means they should not call in the Flash. The Arrow has a large problem in suspending, at least my, belief in these types of situations.

Agreed. What they should do is call in Barry and then have him get rekt. Demonstrate that for whatever reason, Flash in the Arrowverse does not handle magic well. Just settle the issue early.

Guess that's probably down to scheduling more than any real in-universe rationale, though.

Hey now, Arrow is Batman to Flash's Superman. Let's just all...

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is faced with a tough business decision and looks to one of her employees, Curtis Holt (guest star Echo Kellum), for help cooking omelets for Oliver.

... wait, seriously?

People complained about plot points not being resolved, or dragging on too long. Good to see the writers on top of things this year. I need to see how this situation is handled.

Nodnol

UK Arrow GAF checking in, seeing as Ep. 1 just aired here.

Great episode, and felt like it's taking a step back to good Arrow. Felt it handled a lot very differently to S3 would have.

For example, S3 would have had Diggle leave the team, unable to reconcile with Oliver, Thea would have been a wreck after having her brother and Roy leave, going lone-wolf and violently beating thugs up. Laurel would look longingly at a bottle of scotch, constantly in a mental battle to avoid the booze, Oliver would be having sleepless nights, forever haunted by his demons, and Felicity would be an emotional mess, torn between her love of Oliver and mourning the loss of Ray.

Instead, it handled it all kinda well; acknowledged where S3 ended, but dragged it by the horns to where it needs to be. They couldn't have just reinvented it all without a transitional period, but from the looks of Ep. 1, they're not messing about.

Didn't mind the flashback; it's always been obvious they'll fill in all the gaps until Oliver is back in Starling.

The flash forward though; I didn't mind it, it's an intriguing plot device and creates tension going forward, but man that was jarring. Fade to black and slowly fade in the "6 months later" or something, not just flash it up like that like it was cutting to the Arrow cave again or whatever. Weird choice in an otherwise good episode.

Fingers crossed it continues taking steps forward.

I really enjoyed the season premiere, cool to see all main cast finally legit heros.....and not just Origin stories anymore.

Catching up on flash ep2 before tonight. Last week thought me you'll never know when there's a tie in

A wild Jeri Ryan appears!

Utterly humorless board-members.

Edit: Haha, I was thinking that too, you'd think atleast some of Palmer's board wouldn't be so deadpan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom