• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Speaking of that scene... How the hell did Diggle even get on that train??? Oliver got on the train by jumping off the car that Diggle was driving. So how did Diggle get on?!?

Martian Manhunter can fly. This is probably just Arrow logic though.

ZeroX03

Banned
The great thing about Arrow is that now if anything weird happens we can literally just say "oh it was probably just magic".

Manu

Put me on the Arrow premiere > Flash premiere boat.

Man, this was a good premiere
except for the "you're so strong" line *cringe*

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not seeing how this was better than the Flash premiere. Flash wasn't perfect, but the lows here were far worse. Them going for a lighter tone with Ollie was welcomed, but whenever Amell tries going bigger in a comedic way, it doesn't really work for him. His funniest moments have always been the little things. Felicity was back to being mildly charming, and Thea in general is far less insufferable than she was in the first couple seasons. But the "YOU'RE REALLY STRONG" moment was bad in its very conception. Ollie's little speech at the end was just so poorly directed. Cutting in-between his Arrow voice and his kinda nasally regular voice was off-putting already, but Stephen Amell always fidgets whenever he has to stand in place. Always shifting his stance, or regripping his bow. etc. So seeing him awkwardly try and give this inspiring heroic speech while awkwardly fidgeting just came off as totally flat. Also his final "I....am.... the GREEN ARROW" was a really fucking awkward moment. Like... you couldn't do another take?

Volimar

Not seeing how this was better than the Flash premiere. Flash wasn't perfect, but the lows here were far worse. Them going for a lighter tone with Ollie was welcomed, but whenever Amell tries going bigger in a comedic way, it doesn't really work for him. His funniest moments have always been the little things. Felicity was back to being mildly charming, and Thea in general is far less insufferable than she was in the first couple seasons. But the "YOU'RE REALLY STRONG" moment was bad in its very conception. Ollie's little speech at the end was just so poorly directed. Cutting in-between his Arrow voice and his kinda nasally regular voice was off-putting already, but Stephen Amell always fidgets whenever he has to stand in place. Always shifting his stance, or regripping his bow. etc. So seeing him awkwardly try and give this inspiring heroic speech while awkwardly fidgeting just came off as totally flat. Also his final "I....am.... the GREEN ARROW" was a really fucking awkward moment. Like... you couldn't do another take?

It was better in that same way that even though I got A's in high school, if my underachieving brother got a B people would give him praise and I'd get nothing.

NOTHING!

THEY REMOVED THE WRONG TATTOOS! D: LOSE THE ONES ON THE FRONT!! (And Diggle's helmet was truly awful. Redesign that ASAP please.)

Everything else was pretty cool though. Oliver and Felicity are waaaaay better when they're happy. Also, David Ramsey is STACKED. Good lord yes. New Green Arrow costume looks pretty sexy too.

Please be Lance in that grave.

GulAtiCa

I didn't like that he got rid of the back tattoo. Just feels odd now. Hopefully Damien Darhk captures him and plays mind games with him by putting it back! lol

ZeroX03

Banned
They probably just got rid of the tattoo to make shirtless scenes easier. Amell doesn't like all the prep required to do them.

They probably just got rid of the tattoo to make shirtless scenes easier. Amell doesn't like all the prep required to do them.
But they got rid of the least intrusive one. D:

He still has that huge monstrosity on his chest and the one on his abs. Why not just get rid of all of them? That would of been a much bigger statement about wanting to leave his past behind him. Why does he need a gang symbol on his chest still? He's already burnt that bridge.

ZeroX03

Banned
#403 - "Restoration"
LAUREL TAKES HER SISTER TO NANDA PARBAT — The growing tension between Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) puts both their lives at risk when they go after Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and a H.I.V.E. deployed meta-human. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) talks Thea (Willa Holland) into returning to Nanda Parbat to ask her father (John Barrowman) to put Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) into the Lazarus Pit. However, Laurel is surprised when Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) refuses to do it. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Speed Weed.
#404 - "Beyond Redemption"
LAUREL DEALS WITH THE AFTERMATH OF NANDA PARBAT — Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must deal with the repercussions of taking Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) to Nanda Parbat. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) asks Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne) for a favor and while he’s not surprised at the response, he is surprised at what he finds out next. Lexi Alexander directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski.

Hobbun

The premiere wasn't too bad. I was enjoying it for the most part until the very end, really hate when they feel they need to write in those 'shocking' deaths. Seems like it has to happen at least once a season.

The only acceptable death for me would be Thea. I don't think it would be Felicity, as Barry would have been a lot more upset, as he is quite close to her as well. And definitely wouldn't have missed her funeral.

And I don't think Ollie would have been as upset as he was with Lance dying. So it would be either Diggle or Laurel. But my money is still on Thea.

And I don't what was worse, Diggle's helmet or Ollie's wig.

I hope Colton continues to guest star between the three shows. He'd make for a decent drifter hero. And bring in Cheshire.

They could also go with the government agent chapter of Roy's life, only have Argus be the agency he works for. Suicide Squad needs a new handler now that Dig and Lyla are out.

The only acceptable death for me would be Thea. I don't think it would be Felicity, as Barry would have been a lot more upset, as he is quite close to her as well. And definitely wouldn't have missed her funeral.

It's Mama Smoak. Ollie's mad because her death hurt Felicity.

Hobbun

It's Mama Smoak. Ollie's mad because her death hurt Felicity.

I'd be fine with this. However, I don't think it will be a minor character like that, unfortunately.

One of the EPs said “We don’t necessarily know who it is right now, we’re still figuring the plan out for the season, but we want it, obviously, to have resonance. If it doesn’t mean something to the characters, it won’t mean anything to the audience either.”

So it's somebody who will be a larger character. And honestly, this annoys me. Get so sick of these deaths to 'make it real' or 'have resonance' for us. They don't even know who it's going to be. It's like they go "Hey, let's kill someone major again" and then throw names in a hat.

So - Damien told Lance, in regards to Green Arrow, "and I want him off the board before my associates arrive." Any guesses as to who those associates may be? Other HIVE leadership? Malcolm? Something from the demonic side of the DCU?

ZeroX03

Banned
So - Damien told Lance, in regards to Green Arrow, "and I want him off the board before my associates arrive." Any guesses as to who those associates may be? Other HIVE leadership? Malcolm? Something from the demonic side of the DCU?

Good catch. A buddy of mine messaged me saying he was hoping Damien was part of something bigger like YJ's The Light.

Can't imagine Merlyn and Damien are friendly. I'm really rooting for Merlyn to just back stab everyone and Barrowman swagger the season.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Darhk and HIVE have a history with (Legend of Tomorrow Spoiler):
Vandal Savage
. So I'd put money on that.

Merlyn and Damien did have a mutual enemy in Ras al Ghul.

Slade's ex-wife was a HIVE Mistress in the comics, and he worked for them. Probably not going to happen, but getting a trifecta of Malcolm, Slade, and "more Ras than Ras" would make this a great season.

LionPride

Banned
That "You're about to find out" line reminded my so much of Justin Hartley Arrow from Smallville. I don't know how I feel about that.

JustinBB7

Awesome trailer, better than Flash. Flash looks like a full on repeat from season 1 actually. Kinda disappointing.

Like it how they showed a lot but also nothing, which is why I don't really mind watching these trailers.

I think it is great how Ollie just now bring up he knows magic 'is real' and he has seen it, and not once previously thought to say "Oh that thing we saw could be magic".

ZeroX03

Banned
Yay
Super Ray
's back!

Also,
Double Down
! Looking far less creepy than the comics for obvious reasons.

ZeroX03

Banned
Constantine is in Arrow now....? cool ;)

Season 1: Nothing supernatural. Totally realistic and down to earth.
Season 2: We'll play with Mirakuru and then move any superpowers over to that Flash spinoff if it even gets ordered.
Season 3: Oh so The Flash is doing well, let's put a little more metahuman in the show and perhaps... a crossover?
Season 4: WE FULL MYSTIC DC NOW BABY LET'S PUT A DEAD NBC SHOW IN THE LAZARUS PIT

Red Hood

Banned
Felicity or Chest Hair.
Nothing else is acceptable.

No way Barry would miss Felicity's funeral and I don't see Oliver being this devastated about Chest Hair's death.

My money is on Thea, Laurel or Diggle. I'm inclined to think the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom