• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

Bx8XrOT.gif

QV90KSp.gif

Pachimari

I didn't know that grave scene was a flashforward, I must have missed something, a line saying it was in the future? Or how am I suppose to know if it is a flashback or flashforward?

Gotta reuse where ya can... especially on these shows' budgets. Same reason The 100 had a gorilla.
Grodd is in The 100?

G-Fex

I have a lot of hope for this season.

Also, someone tell Diggle that Hard Man called, he wants his helmet back.

Yes, all that joy and cheer is horrible. We need depressed Ollie back. Premiere episode was just fine on the Olicity front.

when it's as badly acted as that yeah it is pretty terrible. plus the cheesy parody disney channel music during the suburb scenes. scust.

a happy ollie would be nice but certainly not like that. felicity doesn't necessarily need to go either, but she really needs her screentime drastically reduced. remember her in season 1? that was her at her best tbh, she wasn't getting major plots revolved around her.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yes. And then she immediately hacked Kord Industries in like a second.

Are you not familiar with hacking on TV?

That's basically just how it works. Across pretty much all TV shows.

edit: Also wasn't the entire point that she had been working with the team behind Ollie's back the whole time? Not that she magically did everything super quick?

Joni

Yes. And then she immediately hacked Kord Industries in like a second.
Yes. Because they don't want to portray that side of the work. It is the same reason why Cisco makes weapons in three seconds with scraps, the television is always on the right channel, ... Getting rid of Felicity won't change that. This is not a hacker show, it is a crime fighter where Felicity is present to ignore the evidence looking aspect or explain it away.

when it's as badly acted as that yeah it is pretty terrible. plus the cheesy parody disney channel music during the suburb scenes. scust.
It is almost like they wanted to show you that Oliver and Felicity also didn't fit in this sugary world.

Finalow

Are you not familiar with hacking on TV?

That's basically just how it works. Across pretty much all TV shows.
if the TV shows were all dumb poorly written shows then sure, I'd agree. in reality, they're not, so no, not really. it's one of the many dump TV tropes anyway, and it surely isn't the first time we see it here. it's still funny though
felicity could hack the FBI database with a toaster and download a software to finally learn how to act, sadly she hasn't done it yet.

she did work with them during the whole time but that doesn't mean that touching a computer and 3 seconds later knowing everything they need know is believable.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
People getting upset over TV hacking is still one of the funniest things to me.
Yep, especially since I personally know people in some of the VFX houses and writers that purposely try to one up each other and other shows with how absurd the hacking scenes are in their own show. It's like a big inside joke to them.

I'm fucking dying at them literally just kicking Flashback Ollie's dumb ass back onto the island

I hope this show goes lighter like Flash, then everything can become insanity, since Season 2 clearly ain't gonna happen again

GulAtiCa

how am I getting defensive? Please do tell because that senseless statement "lolol getting upset over hacking tropes" was clearly pointed at me.

Don't be silly. ZeroX03 only made the joke cause several people have mentioned it recently. I doubt it was aimed at anyone, and just a light silly joke.

I'm fucking dying at them literally just kicking Flashback Ollie's dumb ass back onto the island

I hope this show goes lighter like Flash, then everything can become insanity, since Season 2 clearly ain't gonna happen again

Ollie looked like such a wasteman with that wig all messed up and shit lmao

ZeroX03

Banned
Don't be silly. ZeroX03 only made the joke cause several people have mentioned it recently. I doubt it was aimed at anyone, and just a light silly joke.

Look at the OP, it's very clear every comment I make in this thread is absolutely serious.

stn

Not a fan of the cheesy humor at all. I have a feeling this will be the season where I lose interest in the show, I'm already luke-warm on the season so far. Diggle's helmet is also ridiculous. Oh well, I always have S1 and S2 on Blu-Ray...

GulAtiCa

I love the cheesy humor. The "you failed this omelette" and "sorry, he had to get off at an earlier stop" made me laugh, among others.

Season 1 had plenty of cheesy humor IMO too, and was awesome.
"Have you noticed how hot your sister has gotten? Because I have not."

Ollie looked like such a wasteman with that wig all messed up and shit lmao

*Ollie wakes up*
'Uh, what happened? Why are you explaining this shit to me? Also why does my hair look like shi-' *DAS BOOT*

You have failed this omelet was fucking lovely, as was Diggle just straight up shooting people. Blackneto doesn't have time for your bullshit

*Ollie wakes up*
'Uh, what happened? Why are you explaining this shit to me? Also why does my hair look like shi-' *DAS BOOT*

You have failed this omelet was fucking lovely, as was Diggle just straight up shooting people. Blackneto doesn't have time for your bullshit
I'm not sure why he didn't gun down Darhk, though. That could have ended the season right there instead of giving us another Razzle Ghul.

GulAtiCa

Speaking of that scene... How the hell did Diggle even get on that train??? Oliver got on the train by jumping off the car that Diggle was driving. So how did Diggle get on?!?

Finalow

lol okay, so it was casually posted after my post and was about the same argument but it was actually a silly joke (?) aimed at people who mentioned the fact 20 pages ago while supposedly being upset.

sorry if I took it as a response to what I wrote, what was I thinking!

Look at the OP, it's very clear every comment I make in this thread is absolutely serious.
what a jester, "People getting upset over TV hacking is still one of the funniest things to me." totally sounds like a joke post with that hidden sarcasm in it.

Oh my god who gives a shit
This is a thread where the most horrible slash fiction in the history of Planet Earth gets posted, this place is hell on earth
You're making me want to pull a Chesthair and dive into a pile of leaves

Finalow

Speaking of that scene... How the hell did Diggle even get on that train?? Oliver got on the train by jumping off the car that Diggle was driving. So how did Diggle get on?!?
the new helmet has powers.
a better question is how did Damien Darhk disappear after getting shoot. they were like "where is HE" for a moment. black holes?

Oh my god who gives a shit
This is a thread where the most horrible slash fiction in the history of Planet Earth gets posted, this place is hell on earth
You're making me want to pull a Chesthair and dive into a pile of leaves
bro if you don't calm down I might have to backflip your face

JDSN

Banned
Damn, Diggle is huge, funny how he was relegated to the black driver once Oliver returned. Im really okay Ollicity this season, there is a sense of intimacy and confidence compared to the stupid tension and drama of the last piece of shit season. Dig was so ashamed of using Bing that he didnt tell the team about h.i.v.e

ZeroX03

Banned
I hope Colton continues to guest star between the three shows. He'd make for a decent drifter hero. And bring in Cheshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom