• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's well known that CW just puts money into an Arrowverse fund and lets them make as many shows as they want.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was joking, to be clear. The shows share a fair amount to cut costs, but they are certainly budgeted separately.

The Flash and Legends have only helped Arrow's budget, not hurt it.

Joni

That is for a regular tv show.

In comic book shows it's: nobody stays dead. I mean, look at White Canary.

Or Tommy, or Moira, or Shado, or Yao Fei, ... There are more deaths than not. Looking back at the season 1 finale, it is our and Oliver's fault for assuming he was dead from a wound that didn't kill Oliver despite going right through his shoulder.

cocopuffs

Banned
all caught up on s4 after that midseason break and....

of course they had to nerf merlyn in that fight between oliver. oliver struggles against mister nail gun henchman in the latest episode yet demolishes ras al ghul malcolm merlyn in a couple hits. that makes total sense. and malcolm is back completely on the evil side now which is uhh just great. i love how barrowman portrays the character, i just hate how they've been handling him.

and why at felicity's line to lance in the latest episode, "why do you think it's me who did something wrong?" "because you're a man." really felicity?

while the season has been better so far than the shit-fest that was s3, it's still well-below where the flash is at. here's hoping it gets better.

tl;dr: flash >>>>> arrow

AM I the only one who absolutely loved that Diggle had a goddamn reverse-magnet shield on???

Yes, you were the only person ever to like this idea.

I thought it was neat, but also ridiculous. I'm really at a point where I try to ignore silly stuff like that or Mr. Terrific's and Cisco's inventions. If I'd let that bother me, I'd get no enjoyment out of the shows anymore.

Joni

According to Guggenheim and Kreisberg, it's not rights issues, it's just that DC doesn't want them using Constantine. Presumably because of JLD?
Well, hopefully that part gets sorted out as well. Justice League Dark is lightyears away if it comes.

Only thing I'm interested in the most of this story-line is how the writers handle Curtis' ground-breaking technology. Something convenient is going to happen with all of the research getting destroyed the moment Felicity is able to walk presumably. It would be genuinely surprising if the writers actually literally just had Curtis make this tech worldwide with paralysis no longer an issue in the Arrowverse.

But seriously, what was the point of Felicity being paralyzed only to be walking in a handful of episodes? There wasn't even proper character growth from it, she adjusted to it in one episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
Only thing I'm interested in the most of this story-line is how the writers handle Curtis' ground-breaking technology. Something convenient is going to happen with all of the research getting destroyed the moment Felicity is able to walk presumably. It would be genuinely surprising if the writers actually literally just had Curtis make this tech worldwide with paralysis no longer an issue in the Arrowverse.

But seriously, what was the point of Felicity being paralyzed only to be walking in a handful of episodes? There wasn't even proper character growth from it, she adjusted to it in one episode.

Maybe there's mechanical legs under that wedding dress?

MGSV-E3-Trailer-Emmerich.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
I hate when "Arsenal" is trending on Twitter during an Arrowverse show, I immediately think it's a surprise appearance by Roy and it's always that stupid soccer team.

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode tonight! I'm fucking psyched!
Because my enthusiasm for Arrow now outweighs Flash...

#4.15 "Taken"
Extended Episode Promo
VIXEN JOINS TEAM ARROW – Oliver (Jay Garrick) realizes he needs help battling Darhk (guest star Jay Garrick) so he calls in an old friend – Vixen (guest star Jay Garrick). Using her magical ability to summon animal powers, Vixen gets a lock on Darhk’s location and the team goes to war. Meanwhile, Thea (Jay Garrick) has a heart-to-heart talk with Malcolm (John Barrowman). Jay Garrick directed the episode with story by Jay Garrick and teleplay by Hunter Zolomon & Edward Clariss. The episode will air on Wednesday, February 24 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

ar415b-0043b-170792.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Flash spoilers in the Arrow thread?

I don't know what you're referring to, but once an Arrowverse episode airs it's open discussion between all the Arrowverse threads. Way too hard to restrict discussion and there's little Easter eggs constantly, if not full blown crossovers. Supergirl is the iffy one, that tends to stay spoiler tagged. Also Diggle was in the episode!

I assume the spoiler you're referring to is:
Felicity hasn't been returning Barry's calls.

I don't know what you're referring to, but once an Arrowverse episode airs it's open discussion between all the Arrowverse threads. Way too hard to restrict discussion and there's little Easter eggs constantly, if not full blown crossovers. Supergirl is the iffy one, that tends to stay spoiler tagged. Also Diggle was in the episode!

I assume the spoiler you're referring to is:
Felicity hasn't been returning Barry's calls.

Actually, it was
"everyone was Jay Garrick"
. I'm a bit sensitive, because I won't see the episode until later today and I haven't seen the major spoiler either (which admittedly makes browsing the Flash thread hard as hell).

And I don't think it's too much to ask to keep spoilers for Flash hidden until at least Arrow has aired.

ZeroX03

Banned
Actually, it was
"everyone was Jay Garrick"
. I'm a bit sensitive, because I won't see the episode until later today and I haven't seen the major spoiler either (which admittedly makes browsing the Flash thread hard as hell).

And I don't think it's too much to ask to keep spoilers for Flash hidden until at least Arrow has aired.

Maybe don't read any Arrowverse thread until you're caught up? Like what do you expect us to do during crossovers, of which this was one? The shows inform each other. I stay out of all the threads until I've seen the episodes.

e: It's actually even mentioned in the first post of the thread that it's open spoilers for Flash and Legends too.

ZeroX03

Banned
Nah Zero. We usually keep spoilers separate between threads.

I haven't seen that... ever. How would that even work consistently? This is the first time I've ever seen someone care about spoilers after they've aired in any Arrowverse thread.

Also what I posted was in spoiler tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom