• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to Vixen although admittedly I'm a bit cautious. That "how about I kick your ass like a woman" line was a bit on the nose, and I would have thought with all the backlash against Supergirl for the 'she's a woman and a hero!' would make them halt on those lines.

Plus you have Thea and Laurel there, had Arrow lacked on female characters I would have got it just about, but technically speaking Team Arrow is composed of more women than men when you add Felicity to the mix for those three against the two of Oliver and Diggle.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm looking forward to Vixen although admittedly I'm a bit cautious. That "how about I kick your ass like a woman" line was a bit on the nose, and I would have thought with all the backlash against Supergirl for the 'she's a woman and a hero!' would make them halt on those lines.

"You can call me a maximal. Because I'm about to go beast mode on your ass."

You know the writers patted each other on the back for coming up with that line. Guggie closed his eyes and imagined all the love on tumblr and twitter as they endlessly quote it to him.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
A quickie to tide you all over.

I present "The Hand That Pulled the Trigger"

Thea Queen watched from afar as Donna Smoak left Lance’s office. When the coast was clear Thea jumped down from the rooftop, hit the ground doing a barrel roll. Getting in and out of the Police Precinct was easy enough, she'd only been there every other day it seemed back when she was out of control, high on vertigo.
“Captain,” she said standing in the door way.
“Thea, you scared the hell out of me. Come in and close the door.”
She did as instructed. “I saw Donna leave just now.”
“Spying on me now?” He said a bit agitated.
“Maybe,” she said in her slurry voice that was almost hypnotizing.
Thea moved closer to Lance, placed her hands on his shoulders. “I just want to make sure she's satisfying you,” she said looking into his eyes.
“Uh…well,”
“Say no more,” she said brushing her finger lightly over his lips.
Lance undid Thea’s red leather outfit revealing her Verdant and her perky disc jockeys. Lance got a serious case of Vertigo taking it all in.
“Wow,” he said sounding out of breath.
“Maybe you could frisk me for weapons?” said Thea playfully.
Lance touched her disc jockeys, making sure to give them a spin. They felt smooth but firm under his touch.
Thea placed her hands on Lance’s chest lying him back over his desk, pushed the papers to the floor and climbed on top of him.
She pulled his pants down to reveal his non-standard duty glock. It was bigger than Thea had expected.
“What's wrong, Thea?”
“Nothing, just looks like I got a challenge to look forward to.”
Lance moaned as the glock entered her Lazarus Pit, each thrust from Lance bringing back her bloodlust.
The desk squeaked and squeaked. Their moaning in perfect sync with each other. Thea stopped rocking back and forth suddenly, jumped up to her feet and stared at Lance. An idea came to her.
She picked up Lances legs, bringing his knees to his chest and with one finger, Thea entered his poo bear. She could feel Lance shudder, but he didn't do much else. Thea smiled and inserted another finger into the poo bear.
“What ever it is you're doing, keep doing it,” said Lance.
“Well my nickname is Speedy, so let's see how you like this,” said Thea. She began to rock his poo bear a mile a minute, so fast she was sure time had slowed down. She could see Lance’s fingers clutching the desk for dear mercy.
“Thea…” He said.
“Wait for it,” she replied.
On and on her fingers worked his poo bear until it was time. Lance’s glock had a bullet in the chamber and it was about to fire. Thea’s fingers were the trigger and she was pulling it with deliberate force.
Thea could hear the side of the desk that Lance was clutching start to crack. She gave one final shove in the poo bear, her finger on the trigger and pulled. Lance’s bullets flew high, hitting the ceiling with a loud splat. His body jerked all over then stopped. Thea was afraid he just had another heart attack.
Terrified, Thea rushed to his side and found him breathing, a smile on his face.
“Jesus, Donna sure doesn't do that,” he said.

Dereck

These kicks tho

QswH4JE.gif

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Lance undid Thea’s red leather outfit revealing her Verdant and her perky disc jockeys. Lance got a serious case of Vertigo taking it all in.

Thea entered his poo bear.

Thea was afraid he just had another heart attack.

You still got it!

Blader

Are they fucking shitting me with (from last ep, tagged for NTGYK's sake)
Curtis inventing the cure for paraplegia (apparently a kind of microchip that goes into the spine, okay) and giving it to Felicity as a fucking birthday present?

Ugh. Give me a fucking break.

You gotta love that Ollie's plan for the first time is diplomacy. Trying out that win-win solution.

Lol, that dramatic tension between Laurel and Nyssa.

These motherfuckers are jumping through a lot of hoops to try and keep Malcolm alive. I would have killed this bastard years ago.

This Taiana lady is an idiot.

ARROW FIGHT ON THE STREETS OF STAR CITY!!!

That caused a hysterical amount of damage and chaos.

I love that Oliver is gonna have a duel to the death on a sweater jacket

AHAHAHAHA HE CUT OFF MALCOLM'S HAND.

That was great.

Thea, what the fuck why are you encouraging Oliver to keep that secret? Does the baby momma have psychic powers or some shit?

Oliver's going full Barry with this shit, Ollie needs a good villain beatdown.

So does anyone think Curtis will actually cure Felicity or that something will stop it from happening? Because they already handled Felicity coping with the paralysis in the space of a single episode, so there isn't much left to actually do with it. Plus it would get hard having to explain her being in all of these places that clearly would not be wheelchair accessible (like the rooftop fight two episodes ago).

Joni

So does anyone think Curtis will actually cure Felicity or that something will stop it from happening? Because they already handled Felicity coping with the paralysis in the space of a single episode, so there isn't much left to actually do with it. Plus it would get hard having to explain her being in all of these places that clearly would not be wheelchair accessible (like the rooftop fight two episodes ago).
Seems like something that should work for practical reasons. Much harder to plan scenes with it, probably not good for emily s health.

ARROW FIGHT ON THE STREETS OF STAR CITY!!!

That caused a hysterical amount of damage and chaos.

Thanks for bringing that up again. It shows exactly why all these big fight scenes suck so much.

There's zero consequences.

They're trying make the fights these big spectacles to compensate for the lack of a villain of the week, but it just doesn't work. A big battle in the streets with a ton of civilian casualties should be a big event, even for the Detroit of DC cities. That's the stuff that should be noticed and felt for weeks by everyone and yet there's no mention of it ever again. Same for the attack on Argus.

Fake tension, no consequences, lots of shit going on that looks bad and ultimately doesn't matter, because it's not the final boss they're fighting. As tiresome as the Villain of the Week formula is, at least you usually have a character with a motivation and maybe even some sort of build-up. Fighting faceless goons can't replace that, just because you throw 10 or 15 at the 4 member team.

Anyway, that's why I've been wishing for a long time that they'd scale the fight back again. Less people on screen, more focused fights, get some skilled assassins as opponents, even if it's someone with a gimmick, like Captain Hammer and Ms Nailgun. But don't let Oliver take as long for one goon as he did for Ra's or something like that. It's just silly.

Also, because it's fun.

felicity-with-a-machine-gun.gif

Seems like something that should work for practical reasons. Much harder to plan scenes with it, probably not good for emily s health.
Makes you wonder why they even put Felicity in the wheelchair in the first place other than a ha ha Oracle reference. She came to terms with it pretty much immediately and now it's apparently going to be cured.

If it does happen, I can't wait for the 'I only could make one' or 'all my research got destroyed after fixing Felicity' explanation as to why Curtis can't spread this tech throughout the world.

Joni

Makes you wonder why they even put Felicity in the wheelchair in the first place other than a ha ha Oracle reference. She came to terms with it pretty much immediately and now it's apparently going to be cured.

If it does happen, I can't wait for the 'I only could make one' or 'all my research got destroyed after fixing Felicity' explanation as to why Curtis can't spread this tech throughout the world.

Let's hope not, it would be a way to put Smoak right on top again of the business world.

There are some important developments. Plus it's one of the better episodes of the season IMO, the action is on point and the character development feels natural (barring some rather pointless Lance/Donna drama). Worth watching.

-------

Meanwhile, big post by Stephen Amell regarding
his appearance in Legends of Tomorrow

SPOILERS
http://i.imgur.com/2kjrduQ.jpg

Guys is this not
Deathstroke?!

Guys, IS THIS NOT
DEATHSTROKE

Joni

Guys is this not
Deathstroke?!

Guys, IS THIS NOT
DEATHSTROKE

It is probably not
Manu. But it would be again a perfect illustration of Guggenheim lying, or mixing up the truth a bit. Like no, we can't use DeathStroke because he is bookmarked for another project. And that project then being LoT

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
It is probably not
Manu. But it would be again a perfect illustration of Guggenheim lying, or mixing up the truth a bit. Like no, we can't use DeathStroke because he is bookmarked for another project. And that project then being LoT

After Floyd Lawton's appearance on Earth 2 I don't know what to think.

Joni

After Floyd Lawton's appearance on Earth 2 I don't know what to think.
They did away with the iconic costume and mocked him being Deadshot. There might be some leeway in what they do. Aside from that, The Flash has more freedom because of Johns.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
They did away with the iconic costume and mocked him being Deadshot. There might be some leeway in what they do. Aside from that, The Flash has more freedom because of Johns.

It's just so hard to decipher what is and isn't allowed when the rules keep changing.

Stitch

Gold Member
Punisher Arrow is never coming back. He's in the grave.

It's funny how the team is always like "killing is bad" but it's pretty clear in every action scene that they are killing all the HIVE henchman.
Ollie is clearly shooting arrows into their chests.
But yeah, I'm sure it just makes them fall asleep.
Also Diggle is probably just shooting rubber bullets.

Joni

It's funny how the team is always like "killing is bad" but it's pretty clear in every action scene that they are killing all the HIVE henchman. Ollie is clearly shooting arrows into their chests. But yeah, I'm sure it just makes them fall asleep. Also Diggle is probably just shooting rubber bullets.
Diggle clearly isn't shooting live bullets, the sound is different. But it doesn't matter, they suicide immediately when they run the risk of getting caught. It happens every time they try to stop them for questionning.

It's just so hard to decipher what is and isn't allowed when the rules keep changing.
And when Warner lies that there are no rules.

Like say, having her name on a building?
Indeed. But we all know something will happen to bring back Felicity and Oliver back together, so PALMER becomes QUEEN instead of SMOAK so that the WAYNE merger can go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom