• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
I haven't seen that... ever. How would that even work consistently? This is the first time I've ever seen someone care about spoilers after they've aired in any Arrowverse thread.

Also what I posted was in spoiler tags.
You posted Flash spoilers under an Arrow synopsis. People don't come into the Arrow thread expecting Flash spoilers.

ZeroX03

Banned
You posted Flash spoilers under an Arrow synopsis. People don't come into the Arrow thread expecting Flash spoilers.

The Flash episode has aired. It's fair game in an Arrowverse thread. Way too connected. Like would we have to spoiler tag all of the second half of this year's crossover in the Flash thread? Or after this next Legends airs we can't talk about
old Oliver
openly? Nobody is going to abide by that. It's not like I posted say unrelated Agent Carter spoilers.

I haven't seen that... ever. How would that even work consistently? This is the first time I've ever seen someone care about spoilers after they've aired in any Arrowverse thread.

Also what I posted was in spoiler tags.

When I see spoiler tags in the Arrow thread, I assume it's a spoiler for Arrow, not the Arrowverse. This also isn't a general discussion thread for the Arrowverse, but if you want one, you can make one.

I could understand you, if the shows aired back to back. But I don't think it's too much to ask to keep unmarked Flash spoilers (as in "attention, this is a Flash spoiler") out of the Arrow thread, when the shows are a day apart. It takes zero effort to add that one line and you can still discuss it all the way.

ZeroX03

Banned
You didn't get it at all.

You didn't make any point worth getting. Like if the shows are back to back how does that change anything? Same universe. Interconnected. There's a good chance this episode of Arrow will reference last night's Flash, just like Legends is about to delve into Star City 2046. There's been no arbitrary spoiler time limit set, other than the well established East Coast airing rule. There's an expectation you'll keep up. And they run promos for the other shows during airings so if you're watching live you may get spoiled if you're behind anyway. That's why I stay out of all three threads until I'm caught up. This week especially when all three shows are doing Arrow related things.

Joni

I'm in brotkasten's camp, as I also run behind 16 hours. It is already a huge challenge to get me not to peak in the Flash thread. Certainly when it is a bigger spoiler hidden in a more innocent spoiler, a day should be nice.

You didn't make any point worth getting. Like if the shows are back to back how does that change anything? Same universe. Interconnected. There's a good chance this episode of Arrow will reference last night's Flash, just like Legends is about to delve into Star City 2046. There's been no arbitrary spoiler time limit set, other than the well established East Coast airing rule. There's an expectation you'll keep up. And they run promos for the other shows during airings so if you're watching live you may get spoiled if you're behind anyway. That's why I stay out of all three threads until I'm caught up. This week especially when all three shows are doing Arrow related things.

Again, all I'm asking for is a short disclaimer in the post "Spoiler for yesterdays Flash episode". That isn't hard and nothing to fight against, as it doesn't ruin anyone's experience at all.

e: You know, what's funny is that I was honestly asking if those were Flash spoilers, because I clicked on the one I mentioned and wasn't sure if it was a joke or anything.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm a little sour about Felicity getting healed like that. I was actually ready to give the show props for having her in the wheelchair as long as they did. She came to terms with it, and then they moved on. She was an integral part of Team Arrow again. I get that it was probably hell to deal with in production and writing around it, but it was cool while it lasted.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Assuming the show will also get an hiatus for a month, maybe today we will finally know who the grave belongs to.

It's Chesthair.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Assuming the show will also get an hiatus for a month, maybe today we will finally know who the grave belongs to.

It's Chesthair.

Nah, we'll revisit the scene, see Felicity say Oliver's got to kill "him," then pan over to the limo's partition to see Diggle in the driver's seat. He'll say, "No, Oliver, we're gonna kill him."

Magwik

Banned
Oh! (Spoilers)
Actually, considering we have the pic of Felicity standing up at their wedding, it wouldn't make sense for them to backtrack immediately if her and Ollie aren't married anymore in the flash forward since Amell said "he probably did something to screw it up" so there's some trickery afoot

Joni

Oh! (Spoilers)
Actually, considering we have the pic of Felicity standing up at their wedding, it wouldn't make sense for them to backtrack immediately if her and Ollie aren't married anymore in the flash forward since Amell said "he probably did something to screw it up" so there's some trickery afoot
Maybe a fakeout where she immediately loses the ring somewhere, thinking it will turn up eventually and it doesn't before the big death. I wouldn't put anything past Guggenheim at the moment.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You know, I doubt they have the balls to do it, but I just realized that Oliver's kid could also be the one in the grave. That would be dark though, even for this show. I already assumed the mother is dead, which would be a decent enough motivation. A bit of a cop out for something they've been teasing for so long, but I'd buy it.

It's probably Lance or Mama Smoak. Both of which I'd miss. Lance is probably the best actor on the show, and Donna has really grown on me this season.

Joni

You know, I doubt they have the balls to do it, but I just realized that Oliver's kid could also be the one in the grave. That would be dark though, even for this show. I already assumed the mother is dead, which would be a decent enough motivation. A bit of a cop out for something they've been teasing for so long, but I'd buy it.

It's probably Lance or Mama Smoak. Both of which I'd miss. Lance is probably the best actor on the show, and Donna has really grown on me this season.

The kid makes the most sense in any case. Or at least, I hope it doesn. Like if it is Donna, why is Felicity waiting in the car? If it is Chesthair, why isn't Donna in the car? So I hope the writers realize that and go for the dark approach.

Magwik

Banned
Maybe a fakeout where she immediately loses the ring somewhere, thinking it will turn up eventually and it doesn't before the big death. I wouldn't put anything past Guggenheim at the moment.
It's the perfect ruse. A death fakeout to hide her real death. So many people would be salty it would be glorious.

Bad prediction of the day: Felicity in the grave but Oliver is hallucinating her, similar to Slade seeing Shado.

I'm in brotkasten's camp, as I also run behind 16 hours. It is already a huge challenge to get me not to peak in the Flash thread. Certainly when it is a bigger spoiler hidden in a more innocent spoiler, a day should be nice.

Yeah it seems a little careless to put Flash spoilers in the synopsis for an Arrow episode, in the Arrow thread. If something in The Flash directly effects Arrow then it should be game to be discussed in here, with spoiler tags of course. I see Zero is a junior member, maybe the episode synopsis should get posted by a full member till Zero learns the ropes around here??

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah it seems a little careless to put Flash spoilers in the synopsis for an Arrow episode, in the Arrow thread. If something in The Flash directly effects Arrow then it should be game to be discussed in here, with spoiler tags of course. I see Zero is a junior member, maybe the episode synopsis should get posted by a full member till Zero learns the ropes around here??

I have no idea if that was an intentional shot at me, but either way it was pretty funny.

Mentioned this in the Flash thread,
I really wish this show would let characters other than Oliver have some episodes every now and then.

Like rip off that Justice League episode with the female heroes and villains getting kidnapped and mid controlled into fighting each other for entertainment.
Have:
Huntress
Cupid
Earth 2 Dr Light
Earth 2 Huntress
Vixen
a Canary
maybe Thea, Katana, Shado's sister or Nyssa as well.

I really wish this show would let characters other than Oliver have some episodes every now and then.

Like rip off that Justice League episode with the female heroes and villains getting kidnapped and mid controlled into fighting each other for entertainment.
Have:
Huntress
Cupid
Earth 2 Dr Light
Earth 2 Huntress
Vixen
a Canary
I think the problem with Arrow is that it's like they don't know how to give other character plotlines out of certain things this season. Thea-centric tends to be centered around her bloodlust, Diggle-centric his brother and Laurel-centric either Sara or her father.

Have:
Huntress
Cupid
Earth 2 Dr Light
Earth 2 Huntress
Vixen
a Canary

You had me sold until Huntress. Never again please. Also no to Shado's conveniently never mentioned twin sister. Thea, Katana, Laurel, Nyssa, Cupid and Vixen would be a good and realistic combination. Knowing the Arrow producers, they'd put Felicity in there too.
But the idea of episodes of Arrow featuring either no Oliver or very little Oliver, is intriguing.

You had me sold until Huntress. Never again please. Also no to Shado's conveniently never mentioned twin sister. Thea, Katana, Laurel, Nyssa, Cupid and Vixen would be a good and realistic combination. Knowing the Arrow producers, they'd put Felicity in there too.
But the idea of episodes of Arrow featuring either no Oliver or very little Oliver, is intriguing.

I mentioned Huntress as god awful as she was for a villain and way to potentially get rid of her for good.
Also mentioned Earth 2 Huntress as you could have a fight between them which E2 Huntress wins and goes on to guest star in an episode every once in a while.
Basically fixing Huntress to the way she always should have been.

Doesn't even need much development at the start, came through one of the portals and is stuck.
protected Bludhaven for a bit until Roulette captured her.

I mentioned Huntress as god awful as she was for a villain and way to potentially get rid of her for good.
Also mentioned Earth 2 Huntress as you could have a fight between them which E2 Huntress wins and goes on to guest star in an episode every once in a while.
Basically fixing Huntress to the way she always should have been.

You brilliant bastard! I retract my statement, you are my hero.

Would be a good idea, like an episode of Roy or Nyssa with not too much Oliver.

Yes,
heck for Roy have Cheshire show up as a rival to Thea for a bit(since Artemis won't happen)
then have maybe 2 or 3 Roy scenes filmed together but spread through early Season 5 of him on his own but encountering Cheshire(basically Red Arrow's role in Young Justice). Leading up to something major and an episode starring them two.
CW drama is then added by Cheshire rubbing it in Thea's face that her and Roy are hooking up.

At least that would allow them to do much of Cheshire's story without needing Roy as a season main.

Now im not hating on Oliver, he carried the show for 2 seasons. but now with the spinoffs and multiple heroes/sidekicks they can definitely carry more weight.

Grizzlyjin

I would be okay with a couple episodes a season giving someone else the spotlight. They experimented with it a bit, the Suicide Squad centric episodes were mostly Diggle. My least favorite episode "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak" was...well about Felicity. Considering how big Team Arrow is now, it wouldn't hurt to break them off and give them some character development independent of the usual people.

It wouldn't even be that unrealistic that while Oliver and the rest are investigating one thing, maybe Laurel decides to check out a recent string of murders or visits another city to check something out. Every single member of Team Arrow has been on the show since Season 1, I wouldn't mind seeing them in different situations.

I do like that they're giving more attention to Oliver's campaign. Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but I'd love to see how someone could possibly balance their responsibility as mayor as well as being a superhero. Basically a CW Arrow twist on the Wildstorm comic Ex Machina.

TheOddOne

6546f1sw7.png

animation1mur0j.gif

Joni

I think Donna is in the grave because Felicity was actually demanding Oliver to kill the "son of a bitch" responsible.
But she was waiting on him to leave the grave, Barry consoled Oliver. If it is the donna, the way the flash forward is built is working against them. She isn't really that anti killing that she would let the Killer of someone like William live.

Maybe don't read any Arrowverse thread until you're caught up? Like what do you expect us to do during crossovers, of which this was one? The shows inform each other. I stay out of all the threads until I've seen the episodes.

e: It's actually even mentioned in the first post of the thread that it's open spoilers for Flash and Legends too.
It's a bit easier and less of a time waster with this OT, Supergirl and LoT than the Flash one. Arrow OT activity has falling off a fair deal since season three.

Kyoufu

But she was waiting on him to leave the grave, Barry consoled Oliver. If it is the donna, the way the flash forward is built is working against them. She isn't really that anti killing that she would let the Killer of someone like William live.

If it's William then all I can say is, poor kid. :(

Joni

It's a bit easier and less of a time waster with this OT, Supergirl and LoT than the Flash one. Arrow OT activity has falling off a fair deal since season three.
We are a month earlier to get page 96 compared to season 2 and a month later compared to season 3. The negativity made people post more

Kyoufu

Actually, thinking about it, the grave is in Starling City right? If it's William then the funeral would be in Central City surely?

Klyka

Banned

OLIVER INSIDE THE GRAVE CONFIRMED????

She's a hallucination. She's the one who dies because she's the one who Oliver loves the most.

Just like when Shado died but still appeared as a hallucination, telling Slade to kill. This explains her heel turn from telling Oliver not to kill and coming to terms with her own paralysis, to now being gung ho about killing.

We already know how this show handles these things, what with Shado in season 2, Felicity seeing her past self as a presence, and Shado coming back in this season for no reason to remind us that Oliver gets these visions, too.

Also, Wells is Metron.

Joni

She's a hallucination. She's the one who dies because she's the one who Oliver loves the most.

Just like when Shado died but still appeared as a hallucination, telling Slade to kill. This explains her heel turn from telling Oliver not to kill and coming to terms with her own paralysis, to now being gung ho about killing.

We already know how this show handles these things, what with Shado in season 2, Felicity seeing her past self as a presence, and Shado coming back in this season for no reason to remind us that Oliver gets these visions, too.

Also, Wells is Metron.

It will be the moment that he reveals he took Mirakuru on the island.

Kyoufu

I enjoyed last week's episode so I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Since they're taking a month off it'll have to be dramatic as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom