• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

I watch the political debates, of course. I enjoy them greatly.

I just thought it was a golden opportunity to do something different and flesh out the political/ideological/practical views from Oliver. They really could have gone in depth about how he approaches philanthropy in a visible and practical problem solving way, which would have made some awesome juxtaposition from when he bailed on a donation event in Season 2. And also I would have loved hearing about how he feels and would handle the superhero and supervillain problems that Star City have on the public space.

With this description it sounds very much like something they should have done. could have been amazing.

LionPride

Banned
They just need to trim the fat. Okay, Felicity isn't going anywhere. Fine. Kill off Thea/Laurel, Diggle, Lyla, Lance, Donna, and Diggle 2. Differentiate flashback Oliver with his current self; he shouldn't have qualms about killing in the flashbacks, since he's all into it in season 1, which is chronologically later.

The show is called "Arrow"--not "Bunch of Nobodies."
Yes, because that's how TV shows succeed. With just two characters

Amell just posted this:

Cbh3XeoUYAA9ntc.jpg

I'm not holding it against him that he didn't want to say: "I'm in danger because I worked for the organisation that shot your daughter". Good on him that he did it in the end anyway.
I'm always curious how honest people that complain about this are in real life.

if someone was trying to kill me I would of course tell the woman that I am in love with. "hey, this dangerous organization is coming after me and for security reasons it's best I lay low for a while" then you can build real drama from there.

Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of areas they can improve with, like the island stuff, etc.

But the same old same old "this show sucks" from some around here makes me question why why they still watch it each week if they hate it so much. (There seems to be a few who outright said they were done/hate it, and still come back).

Personally I enjoyed this episode. It was fun.

I don't think the show sucks but after four seasons we really shouldn't be doing the forced drama of the week and characters acting purposefully dumb for the sake of convenience or to appease certain factions of fans that live for cheap romance and drama in their TV shows. for the record I thought the action last night was excellent but the rest was too much that I just tuned it out.

Unfortunately the show runners are in a cocoon of shipper suck ups that pretty much over runs the show's fan base even if they're not actually a majority.

Also I forgot, I was kind of expecting the news of Oliver's kid to come up on the news as Oliver and Felicity were getting their pictures taken and the reactions photographed. But nope.

Klyka

Banned
I haven't watched this latest episode. Can someone tell me if something good/important happens and I should watch it or is it easily skippable?

Skux

I haven't watched this latest episode. Can someone tell me if something good/important happens and I should watch it or is it easily skippable?

There are some important developments. Plus it's one of the better episodes of the season IMO, the action is on point and the character development feels natural (barring some rather pointless Lance/Donna drama). Worth watching.

-------

Meanwhile, big post by Stephen Amell regarding
his appearance in Legends of Tomorrow

SPOILERS
http://i.imgur.com/2kjrduQ.jpg

Chariot

My name is Oliver Queen

NARF NARF POLITICS

Damian Darth

US Infrastructure is terrible.

Introducing Hammerman, Nailgunwoman and the other guy

OLIVER IS HONEST. ITS SO GOOD HE ISNT HIDING ANYTHING. ANYTHING AT ALL. SO GOOD.

Off-screen debate

A cure to paralysis, exclusive to the super rich and super blonde.

Terrific jokes *bluargh*

In a horrible twist Damian Dahrk is forcing young William to play with his daughter, despite all girls being smelly

There are some important developments. Plus it's one of the better episodes of the season IMO, the action is on point and the character development feels natural (barring some rather pointless Lance/Donna drama). Worth watching.

-------

Meanwhile, big post by Stephen Amell regarding
his appearance in Legends of Tomorrow

SPOILERS
http://i.imgur.com/2kjrduQ.jpg
30 years and only the goatee to show it.

Klyka

Banned
It is still so utterly crazy to me that we have THREE SHOWS all set in the same universe, constantly guest starring or referencing characters from one show in another and they deliver 3 hours every week.

Like, I never would have thought this possible. I fucking LOVE cameos and cross-overs and we now get them almost every week!

ZeroX03

Banned
It is still so utterly crazy to me that we have THREE SHOWS all set in the same universe, constantly guest starring or referencing characters from one show in another and they deliver 3 hours every week.

Like, I never would have thought this possible. I fucking LOVE cameos and cross-overs and we now get them almost every week!

FOUR shows in the multiverse.

strafer

kinda mad about cw no beard rule. You are doing a show about him, why not go all out.

anyways, hope someday down the line he will be allowed to have it, and the cap.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The guy who plays Dark is great, loved him in Justified as well.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I actually thought season 1 was the best, before everyone and their Nan was a super hero.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is definitely one of the better episodes in awhile. The direction and writing were both on point. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was directed by someone on the stunt team again because we got way more long takes than usual, and the fight choreography and stunts were way better than a run of the mill episode.

It was also...fun? Which is rare with this show sometimes. I really liked how Oliver and Felicity were going to hack the building's fire alarm and Thea just pulled the lever. And everyone had something important to do. It did a better job of showing off why Oliver needs Team Arrow.

Only weak spot was the flashbacks, per usual. But even those were short and didn't diminish my enjoyment of the episode at all.

Indeed.

I do not like a single character on the show and I think it is cringe central.

Just opinions man, no offense.

Nah wasn't attacking just meant imo the show took a huge turn with a certain character showing up around 8 or 9 imo.
Said character makes the show for me.
I can definitely understand it still not being for everyone.

I also say Gotham turned around at the same points with S2 making it one of my favorite tv series.

ZeroX03

Banned
This is definitely one of the better episodes in awhile. The direction and writing were both on point. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was directed by someone on the stunt team again because we got way more long takes than usual, and the fight choreography and stunts were way better than a run of the mill episode.

It was also...fun? Which is rare with this show sometimes. I really liked how Oliver and Felicity were going to hack the building's fire alarm and Thea just pulled the lever. And everyone had something important to do. It did a better job of showing off why Oliver needs Team Arrow.

Only weak spot was the flashbacks, per usual. But even those were short and didn't diminish my enjoyment of the episode at all.

Yes it was stunt coordinator James Bamford directing.

Even the flashbacks were a bit more fun than usual this season, thanks to dead Conklin.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Meh, I liked Hammerman and Nailgunwoman. They were fun and their fights were actually pretty good compared with some of the terrible stuff we've had in previous episodes.

It wasn't a perfect episode, but I enjoyed it. Too bad I can't bring myself to care about the convoluted hot mess that is Legends of Tomorrow.

Meh, I liked Hammerman and Nailgunwoman. They were fun and their fights were actually pretty good compared with some of the terrible stuff we've had in previous episodes.

It wasn't a perfect episode, but I enjoyed it. Too bad I can't bring myself to care about the convoluted hot mess that is Legends of Tomorrow.

You mean Captain Hammer and Ms. Nailing?

Emarv

I know it doesn't matter, but why does Felicity use a manual wheelchair? why not have a snazzy electronic one? I’m sure the answer is budget, but still. just borrow the one they used from The Flash last year. It would fit her "tech" thing more.

Klyka

Banned
I know it doesn't matter, but why does Felicity use a manual wheelchair? why not have a snazzy electronic one? I’m sure the answer is budget, but still. just borrow the one they used from The Flash last year. It would fit her "tech" thing more.

I feel she wants to stay fit?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Have you seen her arms? Girl likes to stay fit.

And it's not like she skips leg day. Felicity is easily the most swole character in this show after Ollie and Diggle.

Joni

Electric wheelchairs are a hassle. They weigh a ton. If you never ever want to enter somewhere with little stairs, they are fine. A manual one, Oliver could push them up. Or drop them in the trunk after loading Felicity in the seat. And driving them isn't the easiest thing either, a joystick simply isn't as useful.

Electric wheelchairs are a hassle. They weigh a ton. If you never ever want to enter somewhere with little stairs, they are fine. A manual one, Oliver could push them up. Or drop them in the trunk after loading Felicity in the seat. And driving them isn't the easiest thing either, a joystick simply isn't as useful.

But she and Curtis could probably whip up Xavier's hoverchair thing over an afternoon let alone a regular electric wheelchair. Curtis has already created a power source for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom