• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradLaw

She doesn't have a private life due to the writers ignoring her. Even if she dies the writers will continue to crap on Thea and Diggle like they did with Roy and imo Ray last season. This show is a drama before a superhero show and the annoying thing is that when characters are in the spotlight they end up doing things that just make people dislike them.

I miss season one because that's when I felt the series had the best status quo.

I do think S1 had the best status quo. With only Oliver being superheroics and everybody else having their own lives.
S3 wasn't entirely bad in this area either because midway through they split the team. With Oliver gone everybody else had their chance to shine. Oliver shined too, because he was alone against Ra's and then inside the League.
Now everybod in the same place and writers try to give everybody something, but in such scenario they only get scrap.
If they need to keep them on the team it would be best if they ignored certain characters completely and then give them a solid chunk to shine, then go back to ignoring them, while moving the spotlight to somebody else. Because now they're spreading that splotlight into so many persons that nobody gets to look good.

ZeroX03

Banned
So the crossover next season (#8 if the pattern holds) will also be Arrow's 100th. Should be epic
to finally see an Olicity wedding
with all the cast members from all the shows.

Tabby

So the crossover next season (#8 if the pattern holds) will also be Arrow's 100th. Should be epic

It could be the crossover episode! Flash could show before the wedding, Arrow shows during the wedding and Legends to show after the wedidng.

ZeroX03

Banned
It could be the crossover episode! Flash could show before the wedding, Arrow shows during the wedding and Legends to show after the wedidng.

Don't forget Supergirl is planned for the next crossover too. Which is good, they need an episode so they can meet the crew and fall in love with Felicity too.

The four night, cross-network Olicity extravaganza. Unprecedented.

Tabby

Don't forget Supergirl is planned for the next crossover too. Which is good, they need an episode so they can meet the crew and fall in love with Felicity too.

The four night, cross-network Olicity extravaganza. Unprecedented.
How could I forget, such a strong and powerful woman can not be bound to one network.

Joni

I hope the writers realize that so they can make this an amazing cross-over.

Poor Brandon Routh only got a split second of screen time. Kind of mean asking him that question.

I still feel bad for him, from being superman on a decent movie to being a side actor in movies to being a supporting character in the worst season of arrow to being one of like 10 main characters in a spin off.

I wish the female characters in Arrow could be half as good as Karen in Daredevil.

She actually reminds me of Laurel in s1/s2.
Especially with the whole "when you're ready to tell me" Thing. Matt is totally reminding me of Oliver in s1/s2 lying to everyone about what he's doing. Not to mention Elektra and Matt saying "Where did you go" Kinda like Sara and the League, and she looks like Nyssa. There's a lot of parallels, IMO.

All just jealous Laurel shippers.

Things will get better when Laurel is killed. They'll realize Guggenheim has sunk their ship. They'll either drown like rats or swim for the USS Olicity, the unsinkable ship that will sail the CW waters for another decade right next to the USS Wincester.

Joni

Likeable characters... Arrow...

am I missing something here? :p

Yes, I said Karen sucks because she killed one while Laurel didn't kill a single likeable one.

Things will get better when Laurel is killed. They'll realize Guggenheim has sunk their ship. They'll either drown like rats or swim for the USS Olicity, the unsinkable ship that will sail the CW waters for another decade right next to the USS Wincester.

They'll want something silly like Oliver X DOnna.

KonradLaw

Yes, I said Karen sucks because she killed one while Laurel didn't kill a single likeable one.

tommy103btl.gif

You heartless bastard.

Yes they do. But in Flash even when nerfed Barry remains by far the strongest person on the good side, which is why that's tolerable. On Arrow when he gets nerfed he gets brought down to the level of his sidekicks or lower. So the effect is much worse.
Plus it's just waisting time and space. You will never get to see those other characters have life outside being a sidekick as long as they remain sidekicks. Because between Oliver doing his thing and having to show everybody else being superheroic there just isn't enough time to how much else. In such scenario Oliver is the only one who gets to have some sort of life.
Both Laurel and Diggle were better characters when they weren't running around in masks. Thea at least has some of that mystical killer mumbo jumbo to fall back on when in field.

Barry is the fastest man alive. Even when you nerf him he's still going to have a spectacular skillset the other characters can't replicate. Doesn't stop the writers from making him do dumb shit from time to time, or write other characters in a way that's questionable. Let's not forget that Oliver took Barry down in a fight and almost bodied Reverse Flash in the same season that he got kicked off a mountain by Ra's.

Oliver is a peak fighter with amazing archery skills, now he's surrounded by people that were trained by similarly amazing fighters. It's an inevitability with a team.

You know who else used to be a better character? Felicity. She never put on a mask. I wonder what happened?

They have been around that long but they were mostly hated. The time spent on their lives was hated more than Olicity. Mods had to step in all the time.

No, people hated the way the characters were written. Them having lives was never the problem. Mods stepped in because gross people were body shaming and getting off on talking about how all the female characters needed to die horribly. I don't care how drunk Laurel gets, there's no excuse for people to behave the way they did in those threads.

Nabs

Zombie Tommy and Zombie Laurel will live happily ever after until Oliver reveals his Zombie form from his time on the island.

fake wedding for a villain that attacks weddings. He isn't even divorced yet.
Is it for definite a fake wedding? I mean, I'm guessing it has to be given they had the most melodramatic break-up ever in the last episode.

Also I have to laugh at how we get Flash on the thumbnail for his part and then Felicity, as opposed to y'know, the actual Green Arrow.

I'm about a quarter of the way through Season 3 right now, and should be finished in a week or two. Is there anyway to get Season 4 to my TV? FIOS only keeps 3 episodes on Demand for some stupid reason (why even bother with on Demand if you have to stay current to use it?, what a shitty service). I don't have a CW app on my PS4, and the web explorer doesn't have flash which is required for the CW web site.

I'm about a quarter of the way through Season 3 right now, and should be finished in a week or two. Is there anyway to get Season 4 to my TV? FIOS only keeps 3 episodes on Demand for some stupid reason (why even bother with on Demand if you have to stay current to use it?, what a shitty service). I don't have a CW app on my PS4, and the web explorer doesn't have flash which is required for the CW web site.

Buying the episodes piecemeal on iTunes.

I still feel bad for him, from being superman on a decent movie to being a side actor in movies to being a supporting character in the worst season of arrow to being one of like 10 main characters in a spin off.

no doubt. his career has taken a very noticeable downward trajectory.

a shame too, he is pretty entertaining in everything i've seen him in so far.

The Hobo

Brandon Routh did a decent job with what he was given, which wasn't a lot. I'd love to see him play his own Superman and not Reeve's Superman.

Routh was decent as Clark Kent but the problem was he said fuck all dialogue as the actual Man of Steel. Superman himself is mostly silent. Plus his resemblance to Christopher Reeves seemed to play a large part in his casting. Also his Superman comes off as a dick in hindsight when presented with the canon of the first two Reeves movies.

Sephzilla

Routh was decent as Clark Kent but the problem was he said fuck all dialogue as the actual Man of Steel. Superman himself is mostly silent. Plus his resemblance to Christopher Reeves seemed to play a large part in his casting. Aso his Superman comes off as a dick in hindsight when presented with the canon of the first two Reeves movies.

The same Superman who kissed away Lois Lane's memories and time traveled back in time to save his girlfriend (and potentially abandoning the others he saved in the process)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom