• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Abandon Thread Gif.
giphy.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
Thank you! As someone in a wheelchair from birth I was actually glad to see a "disabled" character on the cast... even if it was in CW "pretty" fashion where they don't show any of the real challenges, and just the most superficial, "Oh noes there is a step to her computer platform."

It was disappointing to see how quickly the story was resolved, especially when looking at a source material that has characters like Oracle who managed to be disabled, AND heroic.

The problem is Arrow speeds through everything. I agree it should have been handled better.

Klyka

Banned
Felicity beating the bees with a lamp is....is just...god dammit

Also,you know what I really liked about the training sequence?
Showing again that Ollie has actual skill. The man is good at what he does. Sure, the actual episode fights often nerf him, but still.
When I watch "The Flash" for example, Barry is NEVER competent. Especially now that he does no more CSI stuff, they never show him doing anything he is actually good at.
Ollie today looked like a way better hero than Barry has been for a while.

Chariot

Best episode in a long time. Laughed good. I hope Curtis becomes a regular member now, replacing Felicity as tech guy. He is fun and the way Team Arrow is used to Felicity and barely knows him could make for interesting dynamics and stories where they need to get used to each other's quirks. I hope they show that he isn't the same as Felicity and weaker in hacking and more into engineering or something.

Sölf

This episode was actually fun. As soon as Oliver and Felicity are apart the show improves. DOES THAT TELL US ANYTHING!?

Now we only need Curtis on the team. God, he was awesome this whole episode.

Neoxon

Sölf;199749082 said:
This episode was actually fun. As soon as Oliver and Felicity are apart the show improves. DOES THAT TELL US ANYTHING!?

Now we only need Curtis on the team. God, he was awesome this whole episode.
Agreed. Hell, let him go full-on Mr. Terrific.

ZeroX03

Banned
#4.18 "Eleven-Fifty-Nine" Promo
MALCOLM MAKES HIS MOVE – Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) learn that Merlyn (John Barrowman) is going to try to break Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) out of prison. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) gets a surprising offer and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) has a heart-to-heart talk with Curtis (guest star Echo Kellum). Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Keto Shimizu (#AR418). Original airdate 4/6/2016.

Place your fucking bets now, last call.

Chariot

I call Curtis' boyfriend. Can't have a member on Team Arrow have a happy love life, without involvement in the superhero/villain side.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i like that we're talking about this as though the writers have any sort of coherent plan about all this

I call Curtis' boyfriend. Can't have a member on Team Arrow have a happy love life, without involvement in the superhero/villain side.

wonder why Barry would even show up to his funeral though

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
And when is Diggle going to use this new mask off Cisco

EDIT: Well, that was awful. Not sure why I still watch.

KonradLaw

Thank you! As someone in a wheelchair from birth I was actually glad to see a "disabled" character on the cast... even if it was in CW "pretty" fashion where they don't show any of the real challenges, and just the most superficial, "Oh noes there is a step to her computer platform."

It was disappointing to see how quickly the story was resolved, especially when looking at a source material that has characters like Oracle who managed to be disabled, AND heroic.

I don't have your perspective obviously, but yeah. It was dissapoiting. Especially since you could do some interesting drama with it. I mean, Felicity always felt inferior physically considering she's hanging out with peak humans and metas, but add paralys and this switches to whole new gear.

And the chip. What always pissed me off about such moves is that it's lazy worldbuilding. Stuff like the chip or that endless battery should completely change the world. But they won't. it will stay the same. Which is a shame.

This was an awesome thing about Stargate. They've kept the alien tech secret from civilian population, but the whole military was using it heavily, leading to radically different shape of US'a army

Guys, if it was Felicity's mom, Felicity wouldn't be sitting in the limo, she'd be out there sobbing.

How many times can we say "Beacon of Hope" in one episode?

Magwik

Banned
So outside of r/Arrow somehow going even MORE mad, there are set pics from Legends of Tomorrow that seemingly confirm that
Laurel
does indeed bite the dust next week

I don't have your perspective obviously, but yeah. It was dissapoiting. Especially since you could do some interesting drama with it. I mean, Felicity always felt inferior physically considering she's hanging out with peak humans and metas, but add paralys and this switches to whole new gear.

And the chip. What always pissed me off about such moves is that it's lazy worldbuilding. Stuff like the chip or that endless battery should completely change the world. But they won't. it will stay the same. Which is a shame.

This was an awesome thing about Stargate. They've kept the alien tech secret from civilian population, but the whole military was using it heavily, leading to radically different shape of US'a army

And they were slowly working in technologies reversed engineered from alien tech into the general public. The hologram projector and giant energy gun for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom