• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Anger let her shuck off her disability, now she moves with dis-agility, building bridges with dis-civility, tricking fools wit dis-versatility, displaying dis-invincibility.

Shameless joke theft from Tom Goulden

So did Felicity conveniently forget that she was the one that brought Oliver back to being the Green Arrow and that she was secretly helping Team Arrow while they were living the good domestic life because she found that life "boring?"

Kard8p3

my thoughts within the first few minutes

200_s.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
1) Felicity stays winning.

2) I'd be more than happy if they went for an even campier tone next season. This episode was fun and pleasant.

So did Felicity conveniently forget that she was the one that brought Oliver back to being the Green Arrow and that she was secretly helping Team Arrow while they were living the good domestic life because she found that life "boring?"

That was before her and Oliver broke up. People tend to shift priorities after break ups.

Maddocks

Not a terrible episode, but now I'm more confident in saying Diggle is dead, he was always my choice to die and when it turns out he is in the grave I can say,"See everyone, I told you, been saying it for ten damn years." and be all smug.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This episode was a breath of fresh air. Campy tone, lots of jokes and the drama was reasonable.

- I loved how Malcolm broke into jail just to gloat
- Great change of the usual Arrow formula. Team split up, hostage situation, very refreshing
- Curtis was great, as usual
- Oliver is a dick, as usual
- The Bee Man was so stupid. Couldn't stop laughing at it

I hope we get more episodes like this in the future. Thea remains best character on the show, followed by Laurel.

Neoxon

Narrowing it down, I think it's
Felicity's mom
who bites it.

• We see Diggle & Quinten at the funeral in the set shots.
  • We see Laurel in costume for the filming of a later episode.
  • Felicity is obviously in the limo after the funeral, who was hit hard by the death.
  • Felicity's mom is dating Lance, so it would impact the family to a rather significant degree (more so Quinten).

Luigi87

Felicity's mom
who bites it.

• Felicity is obviously in the limo after the funeral, who was hit hard by the death.
  • Felicity's mom is dating Lance, so it would impact the family to a rather significant degree (more so Quinten).

Also gives reason to why Barry would attend.

So yeah, I'm fully backing this theory.

Neoxon

Also gives reason to why Barry would attend.

So yeah, I'm fully backing this theory.
Agreed.
It would give impact to the Lance family through Quinten, but also give a nice little swerve for those thinking that it would be either Quinten or Laurel who dies. Plus, like you said, it would give Barry a reason to show up (for moral support for Felicity, despite Barry being late). It could also serve as Felicity's call-to-action for returning to Team Arrow.

Right, back after a week.

The Good:
- Curtis was written like season 1/2 Felicity, good job writers
- Oliver and Felicity being apart is good for the show as seen in this episode, best in weeks. Lets keep doing that and maybe make it permanent.
- That Curtis flip doe... Someone get me a GIF of that
- Laurel and Ollie actually had a worthwhile interaction. That was nice for a change rather than one ordering the other
- Ollie kicking Team Arrow's ass as he should in sparring, can we show this in the field more. Like he's meant to be a competent fighter
-Darhk prison scenes were like B tier Daredevil prison scenes but somewhat enjoyable

The Bad:
-Yeah, putting bees together totally makes a YellowJacket ripoff. WTF writers. And can someone explain how in one scene he's transparent, the next he's solid?
-Felicity's Mom. Like WTF is she meant to be? Sure she can outrun mechanical bees in heels which not even the self proclaimed "Fastest Man Alive" could. Consistency writers, come on it's not that difficult.
-Cool writers. Yeah totally lets make Felicity defeat a villain THAT THE FUCKING Flash had trouble with. Totally believable.
-Guggenheim indicating Olicity (surprise surprise) will be back together again.

Next week is make or break. Expecting
Lance to be in the grave but if it's Laurel then that's the point of no return for me. I'll be out there and then
Also fucking lol at the Olicity makeover r/Arrow got.

demolitio

Did Diggle just shoot at the bees with Felicity and others standing on the other side? Kind of a ballsy move, but I'm only half-watching on the CW app right now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Bad:
-Yeah, putting bees together totally makes a YellowJacket ripoff. WTF writers. And can someone explain how in one scene he's transparent, the next he's solid?

I believe it was because of the tech arrow that Curtis made.

-Felicity's Mom. Like WTF is she meant to be? Sure she can outrun mechanical bees in heels which not even the self proclaimed "Fastest Man Alive" could. Consistency writers, come on it's not that difficult.

To be fair, she took her heels off at some point. Plus, the bees weren't trying to kill anybody.

-Cool writers. Yeah totally lets make Felicity defeat a villain THAT THE FUCKING Flash had trouble with. Totally believable.

She defeated the Power Rangers villain the show borrowed this week, which is slightly different. It was made solid by that tech arrow and susceptible to the attack.

Plus: all Felicity does is win.

surprisingly great episode this week. i love curtis, i love momma smoak, i love seeing an actual super villain again and not a bunch of HIVE thugs. could do without these stupid flashbacks already. the russian woman is such an awful actress.

KonradLaw

Pretty damn fun ep.
THat said .Lol..the training session was much better fight scene than majority of fights this season :D So was the island one. Which makes me wonder how is it possible that scenes without costume (which require Ammell to do at least some of that fighting) are better done than the one in the suit.

And Malcolm's "performance issues" line. And all the bee puns. :D

Also...lol..so Darkh is worse fighter than fucking Roy Harper? Roy sure did a lot better in prison fight. Should have used all those centuries to train :D Still....I forgive you mister Darkh, because you love your job more than any other villain in Arrowverse.

Slacka

Felicity's mom
who bites it.

Also, thinking about it for a moment it makes sense from Dhark's perspective too, as killing Quentin for testifying is final, but killing his girlfriend makes him suffer.

In fact i would assume Dhark will go after both Donna and Laurel to punish Quentin. I expect Donna to die and Laurel to be laid up in hospital to explain her absence from the funeral set pictures.

Joni

Thank god for that ending shot, for a second I forgot Andy existed and I expected to see John.
That training session at the start was excellent.
He didn't see the Harry Potter movies, makes sense, he was on the island.
And that Curtis flip over the computers. We have a new winner.

wildfire

Banned
Not a terrible episode, but now I'm more confident in saying Diggle is dead, he was always my choice to die and when it turns out he is in the grave I can say,"See everyone, I told you, been saying it for ten damn years." and be all smug.

That's not an outcome that's worth being gleeful about.

Laurel has really became great. It´s awesome how her character has evolved throughout the series. The Bee villain, ugh. I was really unenthusiastic about watching this episode because of it. But i was surprised that the episode was better than i expected. Also Darhk is still awesome.

Joni

Laurel has really became great. It´s awesome how her character has evolved throughout the series. The Bee villain, ugh. I was really unenthusiastic about watching this episode because of it. But i was surprised that the episode was better than i expected. Also Darhk is still awesome.

It helped that they gave her an actual reason to be there, instead of just wanting the tech because she wants tech.

Ingram

Omg is anyone else pissed they didn't rewrite canary's scream to have some CGI waves instead of lame sparks going off everywhere. Supergirl this very week used this effect for a similar super power. It's like a giant fuck you from the show to Arrow.

psychotron

I still don't like Laurel, though I will admit she's improved. That lame ass scream though...I cringe every single time she uses it. It's odd because I've seen people use a scream or yell to great effect before, but she makes it seem incredibly annoying. After she did her "badass" scream in this episode, she stood there with a pissed off look afterward that made me want to change the channel.

Actually was a decent episode!

-Boardroom dude was always 💯💯. SURPRISED, DISGUSTED, FEAR.

-We actually got a training scene again?!? Two of them? After how long!

-Lance in the cave, just takes the time to brew some coffee and casually drinks it.

- A lot less drama

Yeah that's a really nice gesture but it only pisses me off considering how they completely shit the fucking bed with Felicity's paralysis in the show.

Thank you! As someone in a wheelchair from birth I was actually glad to see a "disabled" character on the cast... even if it was in CW "pretty" fashion where they don't show any of the real challenges, and just the most superficial, "Oh noes there is a step to her computer platform."

It was disappointing to see how quickly the story was resolved, especially when looking at a source material that has characters like Oracle who managed to be disabled, AND heroic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom