• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they made Mr. Terrific gay to stop there being any chance of Terrific/Felicity sexual tension and shipping.

Wozzly, prove them wrong.

8oAjnk5.gif

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I think they made Mr. Terrific gay to stop there being any chance of Terrific/Felicity sexual tension and shipping.

Wozzly, prove them wrong.

No one is safe from my shipping. This season is starting to get my juices flowing. I'm thinking Thea and Laurel...and maybe Sara will have that spa date after all.

Chariot

No one is safe from my shipping. This season is starting to get my juices flowing. I'm thinking Thea and Laurel...and maybe Sara will have that spa date after all.
What, so does the Lazarus Pit needs the love juices of two women, one of whom is blood related?

Oh wait, episode ran already? Damn, is Sara alive again already?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So, did anyone notice that Felicity has six months to prepare to present something to the board of investors? In last week's episode, it jumped six months later to Oliver grieving over the grave of some mystery woman (I'm pretty sure he referred the person in the grave as she). So that could be the grave of Felicity, Thea, Laurel, or someone else. Is the six months thing a coincidence, is it hinting at Felicity being the person in the grave, or is it all a red herring?

No, there were no gender pronouns used during that scene. It can be nearly anyone at this point.

But yeah, I caught the 6 months to turn the company around thing, too. I think it has more to do with building up Mr. Terrific over the season so that by the end, he's using his floating balls. Also keep in mind that the arc of Felicity and Terrific will have them
finding and helping Ray sometime by the mid-season.
(Super-well known Legends of Tomorrow plot point, but just in case).

eh was aiight. there were some pretty cool action moments and dahrk is pretty good so far.

liked thea, everything else was alright i guess. these flashbacks though, already reaching excessive territory so early into the season. might finally start skipping them this season unless some amazing character is introduced into it.

edit: thea vs ollie was great too. i love thea as is, seems constantine will prolly fix her soon though.

BBboy20

Well if you're gonna have a pseudonym, it might as well be a fucking awesome one.
I'm surprised he isn't working on Flash.

Come to think of it, this whole episode was MGSV:

etFQ79F.png

ncToJBz.gif

w4SG52r.gif

We even had Ollie setting off a land mine to alert the guards to investigate!
Shit, everyone is wearing Tiger Stripe which is what Diamond Dogs wear when they go out on the field.

Walpurgis

Banned
Dropped Arrow after the disaster called season 3. Felicity going yandere and dumb ass Oliver refusing to accept ownership of the League of Assassins were just some of things that drove me away. Olicity was the rest. I know it's only been two episodes but...better or worse?
So, did anyone notice that Felicity has six months to prepare to present something to the board of investors? In last week's episode, it jumped six months later to Oliver grieving over the grave of some mystery woman (I'm pretty sure he referred the person in the grave as she). So that could be the grave of Felicity, Thea, Laurel, or someone else. Is the six months thing a coincidence, is it hinting at Felicity being the person in the grave, or is it all a red herring?
giphy.gif

Dropped Arrow after the disaster called season 3. Felicity going yandere and dumb ass Oliver refusing to accept ownership of the League of Assassins were just some of things that drove me away. Olicity was the rest. I know it's only been two episodes but...better or worse?

Better, but like you said, it's been just two episodes. The jury's not really in yet.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was a strong follow up to the premiere, I'm so glad the writers seem to have learned their lesson from Season 3.

I actually like the flashbacks again! Oliver going all Operation: Snake Eater is fun to watch. And bye bye wig. Not complaints there.

Holt was awesome. Good chemistry with Felicity, and despite the stammering, he has a pretty confident walk and presence. I was worried about his addition to the cast, but I'm glad that was unfounded.

On one hand I'm glad we are getting a Mayor Queen plotline, on the other hand I was hoping Jeri Ryan would stick around and we could see how that goes.

I think the best thing about this season is they haven't been dwelling on the melodrama at the cost of not working together. Diggle is still mad at Oliver but they got shit to do. Oliver got tossed by Thea, but they're still family.

Skux

Much better so far. It's a lot more fun, and I'm eager to find out what happens next, instead of it feeling like a chore. They've taken some of the fun of The Flash, and even some Arrow season 2, and added it back to Arrow's characters (even the villains), tone and dialogue.

I said earlier, I think a lot of people are going to be drawn back in this season, especially with all the crossover stuff happening.

Walpurgis

Banned
Better, but like you said, it's been just two episodes. The jury's not really in yet.

Much better so far. It's a lot more fun, and I'm eager to find out what happens next, instead of it feeling like a chore. They've taken some of the fun of The Flash, and even some Arrow season 2, and added it back to Arrow's characters (even the villains), tone and dialogue.

I said earlier, I think a lot of people are going to be drawn back in this season, especially with all the crossover stuff happening.

Perfect. Sounds like the water just might be fine but I won't feel secure entering until I know that Felicity is dead in the ground.

Another crappy episode, the writing is bad, episode 1 Oliver has trouble talking out a druggie on the roof, episode 2 Oliver goes James Bond on a well train solider, dead in 3 secs, shit is pathetic...Flash is so much better than this show.....

IconGrist

Another crappy episode, the writing is bad, episode 1 Oliver has trouble talking out a druggie on the roof, episode 2 Oliver goes James Bond on a well train solider, dead in 3 secs, shit is pathetic...Flash is so much better than this show.....

I think it spoke more to Ollie feeling like he was at home. He was comfortable so his training came out in force. That could be total bullshit but that was the way I looked at it without really thinking about it.

The Arrow love pentagon is shaping up nicely... Might eventually be able to expand it to a love octagon and beyond.

Oh, they dropped Curtis Holt having a past friendship with Felicity from their university days.

Another good episode. Lance is beyond annoying but that's par for the course.

I hope Holt's husband is actually a character in the show and not just a glorified extra that gets one line of dialogue here and there and then fades into the background. I'm pumped to see gay characters on both The Flash and Arrow, but their relationships are just being used as set pieces currently, so I hope they expand on that.

Dryk

No, there were no gender pronouns used during that scene. It can be nearly anyone at this point.

But yeah, I caught the 6 months to turn the company around thing, too. I think it has more to do with building up Mr. Terrific over the season so that by the end, he's using his floating balls. Also keep in mind that the arc of Felicity and Terrific will have them
finding and helping Ray sometime by the mid-season.
(Super-well known Legends of Tomorrow plot point, but just in case).
Maybe it's Terrific that dies

Tabby

I think we might be watching different shows here.

Corpekata

Banned
I realize that Anarky is a Comic Book Villain but he was kind of ridiculous standing up to everyone in the cast. He was a guy with a nice stun gun. Dude deflected an arrow with it even. I guess they are trying to imply whoever he worked for before that Darhk kept mentioning trained him or something, but they really needed something to make him stand out a little more from a random mook.

Also cop lady, you've never really seen an anarchy symbol before?

ZeroX03

Banned
Nothing on the Year One inspired flashbacks? Really team? Elysia Rotaru could be playing someone like Taiana, with a magical twist.

#403 "Restoration" Extended Promo
AV Club Review

All I know is that if my Legends OT title doesn't get picked I'll be mad upset.
Legends of Tomorrow |OT| The Arrowverse has been Vandalized
Legends of Tomorrow |OT| Vandalizing the timestream

Nah.

Legends of Tomorrow |OT| Crossovers on Infinite Earths

CloudWolf

Are they really still going with that 'no one knows (Green) Arrow is Oliver Queen'-bullshit even after that HD broadcast containing a well-lit close-up of Olivers face? Hell, the way everyone is wording it they don't even think that Green Arrow is the same guy as The Arrow.

Is this series based in an alternate reality where common sense doesn't exist and everybody is suffering from a severe case of face blindness?

Magwik

Banned
How in the fuck is she not more decomposed than that after 1 year?
Only so much you can get away with on TV bruh
Are they really still going with that 'no one knows (Green) Arrow is Oliver Queen'-bullshit? Even after that super HD well-lit broadcast? Hell, the way everyone is wording it they don't even think that Green Arrow is the same guy as The Arrow.

Is this series based in an alternate reality where common sense doesn't exist and everybody is suffering from a severe case of face blindness?
Still not nearly as bad as Superman

Doesn't modern Superman have at least some sort of weird-ass 'magic glasses' explanation?

Modern Supes has... heh. Well, MODERN modern Supes has no secret identity at all. But before the most recent arc, there were 2 major factors protecting his identity: first, acting. Clark hunches, wears poorly fitting, over-large clothes, uses dramatically different body language, and raises his voice a couple of octaves. Second, nobody thought to look. Why would Superman have a secret identity? If you could be Superman, wouldn't you be Superman full time?

I'm gonna assume that the broadcast was supposed to be more dark, such that nobody could see Ollie's face, because nothing else makes sense. Chalk it up to a transcription error between the "real" events and the show. Like the "grapple the moon" incident last season.

ZeroX03

Banned
Are they really still going with that 'no one knows (Green) Arrow is Oliver Queen'-bullshit even after that HD broadcast containing a well-lit close-up of Olivers face? Hell, the way everyone is wording it they don't even think that Green Arrow is the same guy as The Arrow.

As far as the public is concerned, The Arrow is a dead Roy Harper. There also wasn't clear facial footage of him for comparison between the two.

As far as Oliver Queen's face is concerned, yes it would be obvious if you looked at the two side by side. Which I can't imagine many people would do, unless Oliver would put himself in the public eye for some reason.

As far as the public is concerned, The Arrow is a dead Roy Harper. There also wasn't clear facial footage of him for comparison between the two.

As far as Oliver Queen's face is concerned, yes it would be obvious if you looked at the two side by side. Which I can't imagine many people would do, unless Oliver would put himself in the public eye for some reason.

By running for mayor, for instance.

But no way he would be that dumb.

Or you know laurel as Canary in a lit police station too

CloudWolf

That explains it for the common folk that don't know their billionaires, but that doesn't explain people like Seven of Nine. As an old family friend surely she should've recognized Oliver as soon as she saw this on television.

Ragnaroz

How in the fuck is she not more decomposed than that after 1 year?
From google

"When buried six feet down, without a coffin, in ordinary soil, an unembalmed adult normally takes eight to twelve years to decompose to a skeleton. However if placed in a coffin the body can take many years longer, depending on type of wood used. For example a solid oak coffin will highly slow down the process."

ZeroX03

Banned
That explains it for the common folk that don't know their billionaires, but that doesn't explain people like Seven of Nine. As an old family friend surely she should've recognized Oliver as soon as she saw this on television.

Oliver's a public figure since returning from the island. I wasn't really arguing against you, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

From google

"When buried six feet down, without a coffin, in ordinary soil, an unembalmed adult normally takes eight to twelve years to decompose to a skeleton. However if placed in a coffin the body can take many years longer, depending on type of wood used. For example a solid oak coffin will highly slow down the process."

I didn't say it'd be a skeleton. At the very least her organs would have liquified (no brain = no memories, no personality, no life sustaining functionality).

Bringing back someone dead that long is a bit of a stretch but I guess if that's the direction they're going for...

HabeeNo

Everybody knows that as soon as Oliver starts flipping at Laurel, she's gonna hit him with the "Well, your bad decisions cost you your sister, then you went ahead and resurrected her. How's it wrong for me to try to do the same?"

And Laurel will be right yet again

Magwik

Banned
I didn't say it'd be a skeleton. At the very least her organs would have liquified (no brain = no memories, no personality, no life sustaining functionality).

Bringing back someone dead that long is a bit of a stretch but I guess if that's the direction they're going for...
That's where our magic man comes into play who will agree to do it because:
BLXfRrD.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Everybody knows that as soon as Oliver starts flipping at Laurel, she's gonna hit him with the "Well, your bad decisions cost you your sister, then you went ahead and resurrected her. How's it wrong for me to try to do the same?"

And Laurel will be right yet again

Not really. Laurel saw that a not-fully-dead Thea came back wrong and now she wants to bring her dead for a year sister back? She's not learning from his mistakes at all. "How is it wrong for me to do something I know could have terrible repercussions?"

Of course we know Sara is stable enough to join the spinoff but clearly it's still a risky/stupid move.
Hence Nyssa is against it

Not really. Laurel saw that a not-fully-dead Thea came back wrong and now she wants to bring her dead for a year sister back? She's not learning from his mistakes at all.
They are going there to figure out how to fix Thea. I assume she figures that they'll learn all about the Pit and know how to deal with Sara properly.

Not really. Laurel saw that a not-fully-dead Thea came back wrong and now she wants to bring her dead for a year sister back? She's not learning from his mistakes at all.
Thea isn't broken, just dealing with some stuff. I think it's perfectly logical that Laurel would choose an alive sister that will have to deal with some baggage, over a dead one.

ZeroX03

Banned
They are going there to figure out how to fix Thea. I assume she figures that they'll learn all about the Pit and know how to deal with Sara properly.

Thea isn't broken, just dealing with some stuff. I think it's perfectly logical that Laurel would choose an alive sister that will have to deal with some baggage, over a dead one.

We know they're going to fix Thea and everything will be alright-ish with her and Sara, but they don't know that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That's where our magic man comes into play who will agree to do it because:
BLXfRrD.gif

I sorta miss Constantine now that it's gone. It would have made a great summer show when things were slow. NBC could have at least kept it on Hulu...

I have a strong feeling his appearance on Arrow will be popular and he'll show up in some more DC shows.

We know they're going to fix Thea and everything will be alright-ish with her and Sara, but they don't know that.
But knowing Laurel, of course she is gonna take that chance. She's shown time and again that she is extremely devoted to her sister.

And especially considering the extremely ridiculous circumstances of Sara's death, I don't fault Laurel at all for going for it. Proof that it works is sitting right in front of her, and I don't think anyone would say "Man, I wish we would of let Thea just die instead" despite her emotional difficulties.

ZeroX03

Banned
But knowing Laurel, of course she is gonna take that chance. She's shown time and again that she is extremely devoted to her sister.

And especially considering the extremely ridiculous circumstances of Sara's death, I don't fault Laurel at all for going for it. Proof that it works is sitting right in front of her, and I don't think anyone would say "Man, I wish we would of let Thea just die instead" despite her emotional difficulties.

I don't know what you're arguing here? I'm not saying I don't understand why she would do it, I'm saying she wouldn't be right in trying to lecture Ollie if he calls her out on it. It's a risky thing to do. She's making a pretty extreme call guided by emotion.

It's a crazy thing that Oliver is the most open character on the team now, sans maybe Felicity. Diggle, Laurel and Thea all holding onto some darkness. Oliver making packed lunches like a god damn champ.

I don't know what you're arguing here? I'm not saying I don't understand why she would do it, I'm saying she wouldn't be right in trying to lecture Ollie if he calls her out on it. It's a risky thing to do.
I disagree. It would be extremely disingenuous of Ollie to try and dissuade Laurel, and I would be on Laurel's side if/when that happens. "Don't use this magic pit that saved my sister to save yours, because mine is having some rage issues."

If Ollie had to make that decision again, he's of course would still save Thea. There's no situation where Ollie would not utilize anything in his power to save Thea, and expecting Laurel not to do the same for Sara would be silly. I'm sure they'll utilize it for drama, but Laurel is not doing anything wrong IMO. The pros outweigh the risks, Thea still being alive is proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom