• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Loved the episode. The corpse, the Holt introduction who looks a bit like an Unbreakable Samuel L. Jackson, and the flashbacks are getting fun again. Was mainly impressed with the Machin fight at the end and Oliver versus Thea. Mainly disliked I still don't know who Machin works for.

At one point did that shock weapon staff thing turn into a 3 section nunchuck looking staff thing?
In the middle of the fight with Oliver when he stops and extends it above his head.

Can't hate on Laurel since she is going to give us White Canary.
Indeed.

PreFire

Cool episode. Anarchy and a corpse that doesn't decompose (yeah she looks skinny and fuck up but come on, she'd be a skeleton by then or at least infested by bugs).. I know, CW probably or who the fuck knows

Seriously, what's up with that? She's been dead for years (I didn't check the date of death) and she still has all her skin and features lol

I guess you can throw anything into the Lazarus pit. No death will be permanent. Of course unless the person who dies begged to not be thrown in the second chance jacuzzi.

Neoxon

Cool episode. Anarchy and a corpse that doesn't decompose

Seriously, what's up with that? She's been dead for years (I didn't check the date of death) and she still has all her skin and features lol

I guess you can throw anything into the Lazarus pit. No death will be permanent. Of course unless the person who dies begged to not be thrown in the second chance jacuzzi.
The Lazarus Pit only works if the person was dead for less than a year. Otherwise you need extra mystical assistance for the Pit to work. Enter Constantine.

Oh man, what an awesome recovery this show is making! I especially like how Green Arrow doesn't use a voice synthesizer anymore.

kung fu boy with a tazer.

Green arrow, why?

GA is so nerfed now it's ridiculous
Yeah. It's kind of shitty how he can go from beating Raziel Ghul to getting curb stomped by Anarky and needing Speedy to save his ass. I guess a few months of no training and a sedentary lifestyle would do that, though.

Laurel hate is completely justified. She's a hypocritical, manipulative and generally awful human being.
A lot of characters are that way. Oliver being one. Example: Instead of pursuing Malcolm and bringing him to justice for the murder of over 500 innocent people (in the city he swore to protect) Oliver hands him control over an ancient league of assassins.

That is overlooking the entire course of events in season 3 that could have been completely avoided if the characters weren't so completely fucking dumb.

But aside from this instance I'm not going to mention that because this is a new season and as such it is a fresh start. I hope the ridiculous Laurel haters will keep that in mind.

Ithil

Cool episode. Anarchy and a corpse that doesn't decompose (yeah she looks skinny and fuck up but come on, she'd be a skeleton by then or at least infested by bugs).. I know, CW probably or who the fuck knows

No she wouldn't.

Joni

Yeah. It's kind of shitty how he can go from beating Raziel Ghul to getting curb stomped by Anarky and needing Speedy to save his ass. I guess a few months of no training and a sedentary lifestyle would do that, though.
Anarky is also not a real nobody, he clearly has some experience. Oliver on the other hand seemed to be a more passive, like in the first opening fight.

Some random mercenary guy knows who Oliver Queen is but no one in Starling recognizes him under a flimsy hood?

Why do people live in a city that's economically crap and their political leaders die? Reminds me when people ask why people still live in Gotham in the Arkham series.

Joni

Some random mercenary guy knows who Oliver Queen is but no one in Starling recognizes him under a flimsy hood?

Why do people live in a city that's economically crap and their political leaders die? Reminds me when people ask why people still live in Gotham in the Arkham series.

Well, they aren't. People that need jobs are moving. That leaves the richest and the poorest.

Klyka

Banned
Damian Dahrk is a damn intimidating man. When he talks serious you know he'll fuck you up.

Also,I don't know what it is, but I feel that Arrow's sets and camera movement and that kinda stuff is always ahead of Flash.
Like, Flash has all the effects, yes, but It looks fake in many non CG places and such. As in,I often know they are on a set.
Arrow usually has some really cool looking locations and such. Like that tiny chase scene this time going through that huge theater. That was cool.

I don't know if it's their lighting or something,but it just looks better.

Did I miss something, but why does Ollie have no issue with Diggle continuously murdering people by shooting them in the face, but he gets upset when Thea breaks a guys arm?

Is Diggle using magic bullets or something?

Did I miss something, but why does Ollie have no issue with Diggle continuously murdering people by shooting them in the face, but he gets upset when Thea breaks a guys arm?

I burst out laughing every time I see Diggle just plug someone in the face. He don't got no no-kill rule!

Because he loves Diggle.

THE POWER OF LOVE will murder these mooks

Magwik

Banned
The Laurel hate is killing me. Y'all can hate, I'll comfort her.

4VvVB2g.jpg
Thea is true waifu

jrcbandit

Isn't he using rubber bullets or tranq rounds or something? I can't imagine Ollie being okay with lethal regular bullets. Although rubber bullet to the head could easily kill someone ;p.

ZeroX03

Banned
Felicity still best girl <3

Isn't he using rubber bullets or tranq rounds or something? I can't imagine Ollie being okay with lethal regular bullets. Although rubber bullet to the head could easily kill someone ;p.

He uses tranq rounds sometimes at least. I figure he's also pretty good at incapacitating shots but the show doesn't say as far as I know.

It think they are just playing it fast a loose. Remember Ollie threw that guy out of a moving train in the season opener like it was no big whoop.

I am not complaining, I love the ridiculousness of the Arrowverse.

Klyka

Banned

Rewatch the episode, you can very VERY clearly hear that he is not shooting regular bullets, he is shooting tranq rounds or other non lethal stuff.

His gun also doesn't look like a normal gun.

In the scene where they jump from the ceiling window and then engage Anarky you can again hear that Diggle's gun sounds non lethal and you can clearly see a tranq arrow or something similar hit the barrel Anarky is hiding behind.

tim1138

Two episodes in, this season is already way better than last season. The characters are actually likeable again, and I'm thrilled Anarky is getting a multi episode arc, he's a totally underrated character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom