• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Damn, they need a spell caster. Where's Constantine when you need him.

6DS7Eqz.gif

The handcuffs represent NBC

Penguin

I'm happy they kept Anarky around

Imagine next time will wear mask/armor to hide his burns.

The flashbacks still kind of feel at odds so far, but at least got rid of the island wig

Effect

The mayor storyline. If I'm recalling correctly I think when the comics did the mayor storyline Oliver
actually ended up reigniting his relationship with Laurel and even asked her to marry him.
Wonder if they'll do that here or even take steps in that direction.

I'm happy they kept Anarky around

Imagine next time will wear mask/armor to hide his burns.

The flashbacks still kind of feel at odds so far, but at least got rid of the island wig
Yeah hopefully, I think we've seen all anarky that was given in the season previews. I didn't expect this beginning ark to end in one ep.

The mayor storyline. If I'm recalling correctly I think when the comics did the mayor storyline Oliver
actually ended up reigniting his relationship with Laurel and even asked her to marry him.

Please no. I'm so annoyed with her at this point that I wouldn't mind if she remained in the background.

I can't see the show going this route unless
you really believe Felicity will die? Even then kinda hard to see that happening this season........but it is a long season so..

Magwik

Banned
I can't see the show going this route unless
you really believe Felicity will die? Even then kinda hard to see that happening this season........but it is a long season so..

Also imagine how
fucking mad Oliver is going to be once he finds out Laurel revives Sara. He'll never stop riding her about it

This makes that Legends of Tomorrow preview even MORE spoilery, fuck

They basically just shit on a few story beats for Arrow until like mid-season, probably

Skux

LOL this "substance analyzer" thing is a doorbell or a baby monitor with the insides taken out... you can see the slots for AA batteries

7dAFxXc.png

jeMUFZx.png

I thought none killing Ollie can't be more lamer now it's babysitter Arrow
I least they are finally doing the resurrection story
So I'm guessing Green Arrow will never become a solo.

Skux

Nice follow up to the season premiere, I love how fast the story is moving. Guess they have a lot of pieces they need to put in place for Legends and other crossovers to happen.

Anarky fight was great, some of the best choreography in the show.

That Darhk/Anarky conversation was in the Verdant set haha

nfqRIee.png

Excuse me
Did he just deflect an Arrow

It's not like that skill is hard to come by...

uh how long has it been since Sara died? cuz she didn't look like a corpse, she just looked emaciated. lmao

At least a year, she was killed at the start of season 3. She must have had one hell of an embalmer.

MartyStu

How you can tell that the show is getting back on track:

-Speedy is a pain in the ass
-Laurel is making stupendously poor decisions

Good times.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
good episode, show seems back on track. it feels so focused, having the villain show up in the very first episode helps a lot, also Neal McDonough is much better actor than Matt Nable.

But Lance needs to get over his hate for Oliver, dude is just annoying at this point.

Good follow up and yay no more of that stupid wig, they're really simplifying Amell's shooting prep time. Not looking forward to this mayor thing, Oliver has zero credentials outside of being able to take care of himself... Though it seems he's out of practice on that front too. I'm guessing the opium trade is going to be how Oliver eventually gets to Russia since that whole story and Oliver becoming a captain still needs to be explained

Even though they've never made the connection I still think Mirakuru was derived from the waters of a Lazarus Pit. Sara was a total CW corpse...

Yooooo they're a good team now, Canary RIDIN THE WIRE
LOL DIGGLE JUST STRAIGHT UP SHOOTING PEOPLE STILL

Sounded like either Diggle might have some sort of non-killing ammo now or it was just a silencer of some sort on the gun. Maybe Coulson sent Dig some from the MCU some Icers through a worm hole or something.

Come to think of it, this whole episode was MGSV:

etFQ79F.png

ncToJBz.gif

w4SG52r.gif

We even had Ollie setting off a land mine to alert the guards to investigate!

Aw fuck yeah. This episode totally justified all my insane MGS shit from Season 3.

Time to post these again:

Season Finale:

Oliver Queen: You're not Ra's al Ghul. I watched him die.

Tommy Merlyn: [from behind Oliver Queen] But is Ra's al Ghul immortal?

tumblr_ncy4m4CYA81th0qz2o1_500.jpg

[Oliver turns around to face Tommy]

Tommy Merlyn: Are his methods supernatural?

Oliver Queen: [to Tommy] Or cheap parlor tricks to conceal your true identity, "Ra's"?

Tommy Merlyn: Surely, a man who spends his nights scrambling over the rooftops of Starling wouldn't begrudge me dual identities?

tumblr_mno8f0Xb5L1rkyum0o1_500.gif

Season 4 finale...

tumblr_md6upscv7l1qg0h5zrw.jpg

Oliver... Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die. I've been waiting, Oliver, for a long time. Waiting for your birth, your growth, and the finality of today.

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Ra's al Ghul. And the one who inherits the title of Ra's al Ghul will face an existence of endless battle, to save this corrupt world. I'll give you ten minutes. In ten minutes, drones will come and bomb the hell out of this place. If you can beat me in less than ten minutes, you'll be able to escape in time.

Let's make this the best ten minutes of our life.

Stephen-Amell-as-Oliver-Queen-in-Arrow-Season-2-Episode-15.jpg

Nah, but for real, good episode. I'm digging hopeful Ollie.

- Thank God his shitty wig is gone.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewi1AIRqgXE

- Jeri Ryan! I hope there's more with her. She's electric!

- Mr Fantastic is cool.

- Laurel continues to make poor decisions.

- Diggle continues to wear the poor decision that is that Blackneto helmet.

- Theo is bloodthirsty af. I kinda got a boner at her torching Anarky.

Not really. It's fucked up. But still. She's in Season 1 Ollie mode.

- Anarky was a great villain. Good presence, even though his motivations were... well, made no real sense? But still, I'm happy he got away. Why? Cause I've been missing this dude, and Anarky's here to fill the crazy void:

arrow-s01e19.png

- Dahrk's got limits, eh?

- Man, fuck Quentin. What the fuck is all this hypocritical bullshiet.

- Ollie running as mayor! Love it. I want him to rub that in Quentin's face every chance he gets.

- So Papa Argent is playing Bullseye next week? What?

- I loved the return of Ollie's awful lies. I hope that becomes permanent.

Skux

I think they made Mr. Terrific gay to stop there being any chance of Terrific/Felicity sexual tension and shipping.

Wozzly, prove them wrong.

So, did anyone notice that Felicity has six months to prepare to present something to the board of investors? In last week's episode, it jumped six months later to Oliver grieving over the grave of some mystery woman (I'm pretty sure he referred the person in the grave as she). So that could be the grave of Felicity, Thea, Laurel, or someone else. Is the six months thing a coincidence, is it hinting at Felicity being the person in the grave, or is it all a red herring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom