• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
So uh.

Apparently nobody else has pointed out that Diggle mentioned Mount Weather early on in the episode?

The 100 is part of the Arrowverse, apparently?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Another good episode. I wish I could send a clip of Oliver and Diggle running around fighting goons in a suburb back in time to myself without context.

Curtis was great in this episode, I'm glad he is a regular now. His War Games comment cracked me up.

Thea being brainwashed by the pills was a waste of time though. It made sense, given that they have those yellow pills and want her to "play ball," but I was just waiting for her to snap out of it. Loved her gallows humor at the end there too.

I'm loving how this final run of episodes is playing out. Anarky basically fucking up Darhk's plan, so now Damien is just going to try to raze everything.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
cringe... everytime he says mommie

Thea "Mommy" Queen has me like

pHXVUo1.jpg

Episode was completely held back by the flaming pile of shit that is mandatory Smoak drama time. Shame too, it had some really good stuff like that dope chase with Ollie, Dig, and the Hive soldiers.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Episode was completely held back by the flaming pile of shit that is mandatory Smoak drama time. Shame too, it had some really good stuff like that dope chase with Ollie, Dig, and the Hive soldiers.

Gotta set up for Felicity's half-brother Bane in Season 5.

Bane: Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated... but we are initiated, aren't we Oliver? Members of the League of Assassins!

First scene of Season 5 can be Bane taking control of an ARGUS truck and crashing it into a tree.

Sober

It was okay-ish but maybe one scene too many. I mean I get it but those stakes compared to literal magic man sending nukes down on earth is a tad incongruous at times. Like this should've probably happened during any other lesser criminal of the week episode or something.

I really liked the rolling battle though, that was impressive.

Flashbacks are still meh. I feel like flashback Oliver is just present day Oliver right now. Should've just gone harder with him being hard as fuck. Probably should've been him getting ahold of the idol and its powers and Taiana being the one who has to try to walk Oliver back on the edge, and maybe she fails and Oliver ends up killing her in a haze, so he has to try to repent by going to Russia. Or something. Like the flashbacks don't seem to add anything at all. If anything if Oliver had the magic on the island it could've been interesting to see him affecting his judgement in the present day because back on the island it let it consume him. Maybe he just absolutely fucking shits his pants at the thought of it and has to get over it or embrace it again to defeat Darhk like he did with Ryder.

Like the sad part is the throughline with Oliver this season is becoming more of an inspiring force both as Green Arrow and as Oliver Queen. So why couldn't the flashbacks just be showing the opposite, because again or for this time, his time on the island demands that he become that person, which carries over to S5 where he hones that ruthlessness into pure efficiency that we see in S1.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So I'm guessing Taiana dies in the finale and Oliver makes a promise to her to free her village, which takes him to Russia next season? Seems to be what they are setting up.

Actually Felicity's family drama was actually pretty well written imo and really pretty much shows why she is who she is. You'd kinda have to get over the hate for her character to realize that though.

Like I said, this is definitely up there with the best Episodes and if Next week ends well, I'll have to say this has been a good season. Had a weak mid-season but tbh this season has been pretty consistent imo more so than the Flash this season. The only thing honestly dragging it down for other people imo was Season 3. Not to say there weren't any straight up bad moments(Oliver lying about his son, Felicity being Paralyzed, Laurel's OOC due to Legends Setup, Flashbacks, and Whatever Malcolm's point is.) but I honestly feel Optimistic going into Season 5 really. I'll do a full retrospective of this season after the finale.

ZeroX03

Banned
Felicity stuff was actually quite well done. They even pulled back on it during the action climax so it wouldn't interrupt the flow.

How does this happen? How does nobody involved with the production notice this?

Probably didn't have a better stunt double, and reshoots aren't usually that feasible. I noticed it immediately, but it's only a few shots so eh.

Actually Felicity's family drama was actually pretty well written imo and really pretty much shows why she is who she is. You'd kinda have to get over the hate for her character to realize that though.

My Felicity hate burns brighter than all the stars in the universe, I will never get over my hate for her.
I actually agree that it informs a lot on Felicity's character, I just didn't care for it at all happening like that in the penultimate episode of the season.

CryptiK

Pretty much felt like Felicity was the main character for this Episode, I swear she and her family were in it more than Oliver and Diggle. A joke.

Certainly one of the better episodes we've had in a long time. Anarchy finally paying off in spades even with the creepy 'Mommy' moments. Only thing that could have made this better is if someone would finally shoot Malcom... Don't need to kill him, just shoot him... in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom