• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Finally watching the episode:

• Guess the world just brushes over a nuke on American soil
  • Merlyn's hand is awful
  • I'm now convinced Barrowman is phoning it in
  • Oh cool more lying bullshit
  • The hell happened to Diggle's helmet
  • Thea mind control because that hasn't been over played
  • Merlyn shouldn't be alive after this season.
  • That chase scene was legit great
  • Felicity's ex? What
  • Flashbacks still pointless
  • Oh more Anarky
  • This hack off. WHY. Electrical surges sent via the backspace key? Please.
  • "The world is evil and darkness" So you follow a man who's name is Dahrk and wants to nuke the world
  • Gotta love these stock gun sounds
  • "It's not okay is Lance lies to keep his job as the officer of the law, but it's okay to lie to my daughter and forced her father and a normal childhood away from her"
  • Anarky putting in work
  • I hate the flashbacks
  • This "Mommy" thing is really starting creep me out
  • He shouldn't be holding his own like that
  • Guess Ollie is mayor now
  • Jesus christ Star City is fucked. Like holy shit.
  • "A criminal is a criminal" but you're a vigilante
  • Oh hi Dahrk

Arrow= nobody wins not even the viewers

Mommy

XQkMV_.gif

Joni

If they ever get back to four masks in the field, they need to send them out in teams of two. They can't choreograph a 4 vs many fight as well as they can a 2 vs many fight.

Indeed. The four-man fights were just too big for them; maybe outside the one at the end of season 3.

Sober

This Reiter arc seems to have only taken place over a few days, they could fit two years worth of flashbacks (one on Russia, one back on the island) if they wanted.

There's been a lot of Russia specific things mentioned in both the past and present, I think it's inevitable.
Too bad the flashbacks were even more worthless this year. Oliver barely reacted to magic existing and that's only the barest of thin threads that connect them. Like holy shit what is going on on the island that is insane but the first time Oliver witnesses magic again since basically coming back to Starling City, he's only just "yeah, I guess I saw it. Island stuff. Obvs." There's no genuine reaction to it considering it probably caused people like Ryder and Taiana to probably go murderspree on people because the power consumed them.

Yager

Banned
Too bad the flashbacks were even more worthless this year. Oliver barely reacted to magic existing and that's only the barest of thin threads that connect them. Like holy shit what is going on on the island that is insane but the first time Oliver witnesses magic again since basically coming back to Starling City, he's only just "yeah, I guess I saw it. Island stuff. Obvs." There's no genuine reaction to it considering it probably caused people like Ryder and Taiana to probably go murderspree on people because the power consumed them.

That's probably because the didn't have a clue of where they were going with the story. One thing that bugs me a lot is: you've got a villain who wants to nuke the entire world, not just the city. Ok, that's fine, but why the hell wouldn't you ask Barry for help? "He's busy with Zoom". Yeah OK, but considering that Zoom wants to rule the world, I really doubt he'll be happy with another guy nuking the entire planet. Yes, I know the series are not 100% connected, but when you ship your "connected universe" it's pretty stupid not taking into account things like this.

A vilain who wants to destoy the world should be for a team up season of couple of chapters. Having that for only one show is dumb.

Oh and BTW, I liked the episode. The show needs more Anarchy (but please stop with the "mommy" stuff).

This episode was a new record low in viewership and at least as of right now just .01 from matching the record low in the 18-49 demo from season two. On average it's still slightly a head of season two's rating but average viewership is below it and unless the finale bounces back season four could end up the lowest rated season over all. They've pretty much lost the audience they gained off the strength of season two (and probably Flash hype) that came on for season three. I'm sure maybe some stopped watching live and either are DVRing or watching it streamed on the CW but season started with the highest rated premiere since the pilot. It's not bleeding viewers or anything but still it's going to be interesting what happens next season.

S1
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-one-ratings-25001/
S2
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-two-ratings-30300/
S3
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-three-ratings-34284/
S4
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-four-ratings-38484/

Joni

They built with season 3, but they lost with the stronger season 4. But it is not completely weird, it is probably still one of the better performers when ie comes to losses towards last year.

If anyone is ever on Reddit. Look at R/Arrow. They lost their fucking minds you guys. I really don't like this season at all. I'll watch one more season then I'm totally done. I can't take it anymore. This show went down the shitter real quick.

Mother Smoak is fucking awful. She's a terrible character.

Minamu

I don't even remember a chase scene and I saw the episode a few hours ago :/ Has Barrowman done something to his face? Besides a haircut or something? He looked odd in this episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
I can't recall a single moment of the score being exceptional in S3. Nothing really in S4 either. Some of the best stuff from Flash is S1 music. At least Neely is putting in work for Supergirl.

You can't recall the Atom theme? Roy's goodbye, the Nanda Parbat fight. The Brave and the Bold.

Arrow's best stuff in S1 and S2 were mostly variations of the main theme. S3 and Flash is when Neely starts really going big, despite having no orchestra.

hsin

Banned
What a shit show this series has become. Can't wait for this to end - that hacking sequence was BEYOND cringeworthy. Nothing fun about this shit.

Joni

What a shit show this series has become. Can't wait for this to end - that hacking sequence was BEYOND cringeworthy. Nothing fun about this shit.
There is nothing fun to see about real hacking. Everyone knows that so they make it as short and ridiculous as possible.

DeathyBoy

Banned
That's probably because the didn't have a clue of where they were going with the story. One thing that bugs me a lot is: you've got a villain who wants to nuke the entire world, not just the city. Ok, that's fine, but why the hell wouldn't you ask Barry for help? "He's busy with Zoom". Yeah OK, but considering that Zoom wants to rule the world, I really doubt he'll be happy with another guy nuking the entire planet. Yes, I know the series are not 100% connected, but when you ship your "connected universe" it's pretty stupid not taking into account things like this.

A vilain who wants to destoy the world should be for a team up season of couple of chapters. Having that for only one show is dumb..

I'm not sure if people are being serious with this 'Zoom vs Dahk' idea.

ZeroX03

Banned
Make Arrow Great Again

It's not great, but I'll stick to the opinion that S4 is better than S3 and at least the first half of S1. Really the biggest negatives I can think of is the Felicity relationship drama (the family stuff is solid, sorry Felicity haters) in the middle and how Darhk had to be stretched for so long because he was introduced right at the beginning. Oh and the flashbacks, but they're so forgettable it's hard to remember to dislike them.

Joni

The flashbacks last year were bad but they at least added story for Maseo and Katana, which is just missing this year. Maybe show that there is more magic out there for next season filler villains.

XAL

It's not great, but I'll stick to the opinion that S4 is better than S3 and at least the first half of S1. Really the biggest negatives I can think of is the Felicity relationship drama (the family stuff is solid, sorry Felicity haters) in the middle and how Darhk had to be stretched for so long because he was introduced right at the beginning. Oh and the flashbacks, but they're so forgettable it's hard to remember to dislike them.

Flashbacks haven't been good for a long time. Felicity has been unbearable for this entire season and the Olicity relationship needs to go bye bye.

The "oh Oliver I love you" "oh Oliver you always lie!" loop is so stale, they even threw Diggle in on it this season.

Malcom Merlin has overstayed his welcome. "Oh I should kill you Malcom/Dad" then do it already, jeeze :\

Also the wideshot bow-fu choreography remains low quality and goofy as hell. They need to give him a legit bo-staff or something because there's no way whipping armored people with a malleable bow will do anything other than make them go "ow" like you're slapping them annoyingly.

I still watch hoping it will get better, but I've checked out mentally because it seems everyone responsible for writing and choreography have checked out as well.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Speaking of villains I hope season 5 isn't another "oh no X is going to destroy Star City!" plot. How many times can you destroy a damn city?

If Donna and Felicity merged into a Smoak ultimate form that uses hypocrisy waves and All About Me laser beams from their Smaok Stacks I'll give it a watch.

So the wrestler Stephen faced last year in WWE has asked to be released. Unless they want him to fight Sheamus, the wrestler in TMNT 2 who plays Rocksteady, I'm not sure we'll ever see him in the ring again.

Yeah I'm done with this shitshow

Mama Smoak is bad
Calculator is bad
Dahrk is terrible
Diggle's character development is ass
Thea and malcolm recycle their same lines to one another every fucking scene
Fight scenes are bad
Cinematography is bad
Choreography is trash

Amell is trying but give my mans something to work with goddamn

Felicity and friends is what this show should be called, RIP arrow

ORGANIC
R
G
A
N
I
C

Volimar

Mama Smoak is bad
Calculator is bad
Dahrk is terrible
Fight scenes are bad
Cinematography is bad
Choreography is trash

ORGANIC
R
G
A
N
I
C

AI8oEEo.gif

Kard8p3

Mama Smoak is bad
Calculator is bad
Dahrk is terrible
Fight scenes are bad
Cinematography is bad
Choreography is trash

ORGANIC
R
G
A
N
I
C

Ur not wrong. I only watch this show to laugh at how much it's downgraded.

Fuck felicity and everything involving her shit family.

ZeroX03

Banned
So the wrestler Stephen faced last year in WWE has asked to be released. Unless they want him to fight Sheamus, the wrestler in TMNT 2 who plays Rocksteady, I'm not sure we'll ever see him in the ring again.

That sucks. Amell and Stardust are friends IRL, he seems like a good dude.

Felicity is the new villain

He said they don't have super powers and we all know Felicity does and is the most powerful entity in the Arrowverse because of her super powers.

I don't blame him and I'm surprised it's taken this long. Dude has to be really frustrated with his position in the company despite how much effort he's put into making so much shit they've handed him work while being denied story lines or dropping them unceremoniously while being on job duty for the last year.

I don't blame him and I'm surprised it's taken this long. Dude has to be really frustrated with his position in the company despite how much effort he's put into making so much shit they've handed him work while being denied story lines or dropping them unceremoniously while being on job duty for the last year.
He was highly underused in the past few years. The Amell stuff was all he had going for him lately with a story-line and that's now over. Which is a shame since Amell gave one of the better celebrity performances in the ring compared to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom