• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, why do people still live in this city? That's now four years in a row where things ultimately end up with Star/ling city getting attacked. This place should be in worse shape than Detroit at this point. The hacking stuff is just... Insulting, this and the CPU nonsense in the last episode... FFS. I'm not asking for Mr. Robot authenticity here but goddamn. Felicity's ex used the back space! The highlight of the episode was the day time arrow fight but then still we get Thea's son being able to hold his own three on one. He's pretty much the most capable fighter on the show at this point. Malcolm... Okay then.

Will anyone on the show call out hot Mama Smoak on her hypocrisy? Do we now see where Felicity gets it from? Will it be addressed? Will Olicity reunite and will wedding bells be ringing in season five? Does
Felicity have a secret sibling out there?
Find out next season on Felicity!

How does this happen? How does nobody involved with the production notice this?

Maybe they just don't care anymore and just want to watch the world burn. Was it Anne Arky's stunt double?

greenarrowmidairpgan2.gif

thanks, awesome chase scene altogether but that was the highlight. The only thing bothering me was the ridiculous bullet drop that made all bullets hit the floor.

strafer

KonradLaw

Very fine ep. The chase was awesome. Especially that flip.
And damn...Anarky. Such a turn around. Dude has grown into such an enjoyable villain. Screwed the whole Pleaseantville, killed Darkh wife...fuck yeah :D And "Did I give you any impression I was a rational person?" :D Darkh continues to be awesome. Now that he lost the humor dude is chilling.

And if there won't be a damn magical forest growing out of that hole next season I will be extremely dissapoiting :)

Seriously, why do people still live in this city? That's now four years in a row where things ultimately end up with Star/ling city getting attacked. This place should be in worse shape than Detroit at this point. The hacking stuff is just... Insulting, this and the CPU nonsense in the last episode... FFS. I'm not asking for Mr. Robot authenticity here but goddamn. Felicity's ex used the back space! The highlight of the episode was the day time arrow fight but then still we get Thea's son being able to hold his own three on one. He's pretty much the most capable fighter on the show at this point. Malcolm... Okay then.

Will anyone on the show call out hot Mama Smoak on her hypocrisy? Do we now see where Felicity gets it from? Will it be addressed? Will Olicity reunite and will wedding bells be ringing in season five? Does
Felicity have a secret sibling out there?
Find out next season on Felicity!

Maybe they just don't care anymore and just want to watch the world burn. Was it Anne Arky's stunt double?

Wait what, Thea's son?

Joni

Action and humor are really on point this episode. The long shots in the escape from the HIVE mercenaries, the entrance shot on them descending, Diggle jumping from the balcony, the backwards jump arrow shot all looked amazing. Humor really scored when Curtis is in the middle of Noah - Donna bickering. He is the perfect person to inject levity there.

Joni

That destruction. I thought Central City got hard, but Star City is almost gone. This was the victory... Liked that they didn't shy away from referencing Havenrock, but that Felicity didn't feel bad. She knew it had to happen. Which is correct, they saved lives.
Glad they also pointed to the Pentagon and Argus working overtime on the consequences. It is also a handy way to write out Lyla for the episode.
Anarchy was awesome, killing Ruve was the right choice but I had hoped he would side with Team Arrow for the moment. Could have also killed kid Dahrk, she looked mean in that first shot. She seems like she is the real villain!
Felt sad for her at that ending
There is also a huge glaring mistake in Dahrk's plan: you only saw typical nuclear families: husband, wife, kid. Which means, where all are the women and children for the HIVE Soldiers? They aren't going to love living in a world where they'll never get someone.
Amazing set-up for the finale, without anyone being stupid. Cough Flash, cough Rip.
Malcolm was boring. Kill him already. He didn't say or do anything he hasn't done in the last 100 episodes.

Enjoying the end of the season, kinda shows how much this show should be like 15 episodes a season where we get a more concentrated storyline. Anarchy is Arrow universe's Joker basically. Unhinged and basically psychotic.

Joni

The way some of these characters act when the world may be seconds from ending is so cringe worthy

The ones knowing the truth do tend to act different to those not really understanding, and when they feel more calm about winning. I do wonder if they might lose when it comes to Rubicon coming back online, playing into the unification of Earth-1 and Earth-3.

KonradLaw

The way some of these characters act when the world may be seconds from ending is so cringe worthy........so was the hacking lol

I actually found Mama Smoak to be surprisingly adult. I mean sure, there would be promise of drama, but when she learned Felicity was working with GA for three years she went "put that shit on pause for now and save the world". That was a nice surprise.

That goddamn helmet is godawful. Looks something that a kid would wear for Halloween. And how the fuck is he going up against dudes with assault rifles with a pistol? Makes no sense.

I thought Cisco was going to make a new helmet for him? This is the longest it's ever taken Cisco to do anything. Dammit Cisco!

Malcolm's robot hand looks ridiculous too. They could have just had him wear a black leather glove and it would work fine. But no, it's some stupid Dr. Claw shit.

If only Diggle actually wore a helmet, it's just a freaking mask with the back of his head completely exposed. It's just stupid and has no real functionality, they might as well have just kept him wearing balaclavas.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If only Diggle actually wore a helmet, it's just a freaking mask with the back of his head completely exposed. It's just stupid and has no real functionality, they might as well have just kept him wearing balaclavas.

Agreed. Simplicity would go so far in regards to Diggle. They're trying to hard to make it superhero-ish, but then he wears a leather jacket with it. And then the visor draws back automatically to reveal a small sliver of his face. It's just way too over designed. They already dropped that Cisco would make something new for him, but I'd be okay with him just ditching it and going for something very simple but distinctive.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

To be fair, there are ballistic masks that are just straps on the back.

Also, blame Cisco for saying he'd upgrade his mask and it hasn't appeared yet.

Yoooooo that chase scene

why is this so much more fun to watch than CGI Flash?

this is a really fun episode wtf?

yeah episode was pretty good. i liked flash more this week but that scene with oliver 'run and gunning' was easily the best action moment in either show in a while.

they need to do more of that sort of stuff and less of the corny stand-up fights where everybody is just dancing around in a circle.

yeah episode was pretty good. i liked flash more this week but that scene with oliver 'run and gunning' was easily the best action moment in either show in a while.

they need to do more of that sort of stuff and less of the corny stand-up fights where everybody is just dancing around in a circle.

If they ever get back to four masks in the field, they need to send them out in teams of two. They can't choreograph a 4 vs many fight as well as they can a 2 vs many fight.

Phyranion

So I'm guessing Taiana dies in the finale and Oliver makes a promise to her to free her village, which takes him to Russia next season? Seems to be what they are setting up.
Since they name-dropped that dude, I'm pretty sure they're setting up something. It would be a little odd for Oliver to go to Russia, though. Next season will be his last year on the island. Having him leave and come back for the second time would be ridiculous.

ZeroX03

Banned
Since they name-dropped that dude, I'm pretty sure they're setting up something. It would be a little odd for Oliver to go to Russia, though. Next season will be his last year on the island. Having him leave and come back for the second time would be ridiculous.

This Reiter arc seems to have only taken place over a few days, they could fit two years worth of flashbacks (one on Russia, one back on the island) if they wanted.

There's been a lot of Russia specific things mentioned in both the past and present, I think it's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom