• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those more familiar with DC comics and Green Arrow... who could be setup as the villain of Season 5?
GREEN_ARROW_13.jpg

I can hope if I ignore the part where the idea of the character appearing has already been shot down before.

ZeroX03

Banned
So for those more familiar with DC comics and Green Arrow... who could be setup as the villain of Season 5?

But sinister players with a connection to Oliver's past will push the team to its breaking point, threatening everything Oliver's worked for and his legacy as the Green Arrow.

Now TVLine has learned that Arrow is also adding the series regular role of “James,” an “irrepressibly charming” contemporary of Oliver’s who is described as “a man on a mission” — out as he is to avenge a tragic, violent loss from his own, years-ago past.

The casting call seeks an actor of any ethnicity, in his late-20s to 30s and who comes across as a physical threat. The character is said to “just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming. Either way, he’s more than capable of having a good time as he does it.”

“I’ve heard that our big bad, our villain, is something that you can really only do once you’re in the fifth, sixth or seventh season of a TV show,” Amell said.

Asked if he knew more details, Amell teased, “I do,” but didn’t offer to spill anything more.

But, he did give a little hint: “As far as I know, they don’t have superpowers. I’ll tell you that.”

That's about all we know. Maybe some Russia connection.

GREEN_ARROW_13.jpg

I can hope if I ignore the part where the idea of the character appearing has already been shot down before.

Kev's actually changed his mind on that a bit and would give it a shot if given the chance.

I'm curious by what Amell means that the villain is something that can only be done on the fifth season. Maybe in the sense that the character is tied to someone, likely Oliver?

Kev's actually changed his mind on that a bit and would give it a shot if given the chance.
I do understand his concerns that the character couldn't be adapted on screen, but at the same time Onomatopoeia is one of the very few actual Green Arrow villains that are great. So I'm happy he might actually be warming up to the idea.

I know there was that Mr. Blank dude who was kind of like him but Onomatopoeia could potentially be a few episodes arc at the very least if done right.

Magwik

Banned
Supergirl finale just sort of happened
Gotham finale was just an hour of S3 setup
Flash was okay until the end then it became a huge disappointment
Arrow was just boring as fucking balls.

Who would have thought Legends of Tomorrow would end on the highest note for DCTV

Darhk was good even if he should've come in at episode 9 instead of right from the beginning. McDonough has great presence and sells shaky material. Overall storyline was about what we expect, not ambitious but written in a serviceable manner.

Yeah, he was really good as Darhk, it's true they probably stretched it out a little too much.

That was a pretty boring finale. I expected a lot more from that final fight between Darhk and Ollie. Plus, all the talk about hope, light, and darkness I found pretty tiring and lame.

Too bad I don't watch LoT, but I might if it's starting to pick up steam from what I heard about their finale.

Xemnas89

No big twist and was overall pretty predictable but it was alright for what it was. I think overall season 4 was better than 3 but it really felt like they played it safe this season. Nothing wrong with that but it just felt like it came and went.

For me the flash had the best finale as it finished things up in a way I liked and had good setup for the future with the creation of the black flash, Jay Garrick out in the world, and flashpoint. I know alot of people aren't excited for flashpoint because it wont truly have an effect on the other shows but I'm excited to see how they handle it anyway.

Volimar

Just finished the episode. A few things.

1). Dahrk's magic is powered by mood slime?

2). We Brick again with all those ghosts that could have just mowed down the crowd.

3). So they just left the little girl down there alone with the evil idol?

Wow that was bad. At least in the last season they foreshadowed the next big villain would be Dahrk, this had nothing. Arrow is like the friend you don't really like but your best friend Flash vouches for it and have some good times when all together.

Wow that was bad. At least in the last season they foreshadowed the next big villain would be Dahrk, this had nothing. Arrow is like the friend you don't really like but your best friend Flash vouches for it and have some good times when all together.

For me Arrow is that friend that's trying to get back on track but is kinda struggling but Flash is that friend who got drunk one time and you're reconsidering letting them drink

lol
this was great

Finishing up the finale... yeah, its shit. Fits the season very well.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Thea is MVP bringing in Darhk's daughter and threatening her. Thea knows the stakes and doesn't care. Love it! But of course she regrets it later booooo

Oliver springing out from the ground was hilarious. There's a nuke what can we do...hack it with an IR scanner! Hacking solves everything.

The whole town standing up and fighting was Ok, I guess. You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!

Part of me wishes Felicity was willing to let her mom die in Darhk's hands because she was like "Mom this about me not you so stop stealing the spotlight." Plus it'd give Drama and probably stop Chesthair's heart once and for all (maybe that's the endgame).

Thea is MVP bringing in Darhk's daughter and threatening her. Thea knows the stakes and doesn't care. Love it! But of course she regrets it later booooo

Oliver springing out from the ground was hilarious. There's a nuke what can we do...hack it with an IR scanner! Hacking solves everything.

The whole town standing up and fighting was Ok, I guess. You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!

Part of me wishes Felicity was willing to let her mom die in Darhk's hands because she was like "Mom this about me not you so stop stealing the spotlight." Plus it'd give Drama and probably stop Chesthair's heart once and for all (maybe that's the endgame).

Why you wanna do that to Lance?

jrush64

Banned
Just finished watching it... average. Real real average. The season started off well too and had some genuinely great episodes.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
We Darhk Knight Rises now.

I actually liked that quite a bit. The biggest problem I had was how inconsistent Darhk's magic was. He can remotely kill Felicity's ex but wouldn't be able to do the same to anyone else? And the fight choreography for that final fight was disappointing, I think they made Darhk so strong that they didn't know how to depower him so Oliver would actually be able to fight him. What I did like about that final confrontation is that Oliver had to commit to killing Darhk, there wasn't a Get Out of Jail Free card on that. My biggest problem with Flash's finale was
that Barry got put into a position where he should have had to make an important moral choice, but the decision was made for him. Killing via proxy is one of the most annoying tropes in genre shows. Oh, I won't murder you but this thing I set up will.
And Darhk still having a sense of humor even during the final conflict was nice.

The flashbacks really dragged down the episode though. We all knew where it was going, and as short as they are, they take up important time. Sexy Waller sighting though!

I'm glad they didn't do a stinger because then they would have to commit to something before the writers' room has gotten together for Season 5. They basically have a blank slate, for once. Which is nice. The flashbacks are definitely moving towards Russia, but that's all we have based off where the story seems to be headed.

The ending sequence with Oliver and Felicity was surprisingly subdued. It was just a nice quiet moment.

If I had to rank the "DC TV" Season Finales this year, I'd have to go:

#1. iZombie - Not even a contest. The last two episodes trumped every other DC show. Good resolution, perfect setup for next season, humor, action, it had it all.
#2. Arrow - Disappointing final conflict, but good movement of character arcs
#3. Legends of Tomorrow - Messy, but it resolved a lot of the issues of the season.
#4. Flash - Sloppy, good moments between Wells and Cisco but rushed
#5. Gotham - Didn't like it. At all. Season 2 was good, but the premiere and the finale were not my cup of tea.

I still haven't watched the Supergirl finale. My body can only handle so much DC TV. I only need to watch the last two episodes, so I'm sure I'll get around to it soon.

I hope moving forward that Flash and Arrow take a page out of Gotham's book and stop trying to make their villains last for 23 episodes. They just don't have the material. Having a great villain that lasts 6-12 episodes would be way better than a mediocre one that is there the whole season. People LOVE Season 2 of Arrow, mainly because of Slade. But Slade wasn't the primary antagonist in the present for the entire season. He shows up halfway through. Zoom and Darhk fall apart because there is so much mustache twirling between the two of them. Wait till you see my evil scheme...in May. Well fuck, maybe its December and I'm already bored with it?

WOW IGN review 3.8

I agree with that review. But I think it should be lower.

This show sucks now. I wasn't even invested in the S4 finale like I was in Season 3 one until that god awful scene with Felicity in Atom Suit. UGHHHHHHH. Everything feels so half assed now. It's getting into Smallville territory real fast and I don't want it to . At least Dahrk got to yuck it up like a real villain but the conflict felt too similar to the last season. Is every season going to be "OH NO DA NUKES HALP" now?

Joni

I didn't expect them to go so low-key for the finale. It is a nice surprise compared to the other three Arrowverse shows doing the same thing: a big tease. It is at least one show that won't give too much worry about what they'll build on. It also made for a better finale, goes for a bit of character moments instead of non-reveals. Loved them ending on Felicity's 'Not a chance' as we have been pointing that out this entire year, There isn't a chance she is leaving and at least she stayed to help Oliver clean-up the base.

Really enjoyed the finale. No big set-up for next season, but I'm fine with that. Everyone walking away was a nice counterpoint to Ollie and Felicity leaving last season. Not surprised to see it was hated here.

ZeroX03

Banned

Thea was also great in the prison episode with Darhk when he's like "what're you gonna do to stop me" and she just jumps in and shoots him in the chest multiple times. Act first, brood later.

I haven't seen Legends yet, but every Arrowverse show has had a bad finale and weak overall conclusion this year

It's the best imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom