• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Either that or have one villain for each half of the season. It would really solve a lot of problems the show has had with its Big Bads.

They could repeat the DeathStroke trick where there was a lower level villain first. Should make that one a bit stronger, Blood wasn't a real fighter.

Imagine Aliens invading New York again and He has to stop them all by himself, thats how Stupid the whole nuke storyline was.

Where was the CIA?
DoD?
NSA?
Somebody besides felicity to stop the goddamn nukes, I can only suspend my disbelief by so much.

Hint: not in the city where there is not a single nuke located.

Dereck

Holy shit
fOWj6Ru.gif

Regarding Flashpoint
HD9KgoH.jpg
1OEHgOC.png

Daredevil is able to be a ambitious and consistent. Definitely the better show. No need to compare them.

Daredevil is a Netflix show through and through--occasionally interesting, but mostly dull. Its seasons need to have fewer episodes and individual episodes should be no longer than 45 minutes. Netflix in general needs some brutal editors to tighten up nearly every damn show they make.

Outside of Arrow season 3 I'd prefer any Arrow or Flash season to either Daredevil season.

You mad you not as relevant part of the fan base? Stop watching. Like I said before the show's not gonna get any better for any of you. It's just not. The definition of insanity and what not.

No i am upset because the show writers are bending over to the fanbase instead of making a good watchable show. Every character feels like regressing. How many times Ollie got a pep talk in this episode alone? Laurel´s death was a waste. Also don´t tell me stop watching.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Maybe it was posted but did anyone check out /r/Arrow on Reddit?

They started discussions on Daredevil now.

Yikes.

I didn't like the finale all that much, but this makes them look like whining fucking babies.

Especially with mods saying things like "What'd you guys think of the beautiful and strong Felicity Smoak when she said 'you think I was leaving? not a chance'" and
"If you're from /r/all and you're confused why this is here, well it's quite frankly because the show's finale sucked donkey balls, and this is what we wanted the show to be like, not some teen romance."

Despite the fact that there wasn't actually any romance in the finale, unless you count Diggle and his wife, and there was no hint that Oliver and Felicity were going to be together at all except as teammates and maybe friends.

But whatever, bitch eatin crackers and whatnot.

ZeroX03

Banned
So who's quitting the show?

I didn't like the finale all that much, but this makes them look like whining fucking babies.

Especially with mods saying things like "What'd you guys think of the beautiful and strong Felicity Smoak when she said 'you think I was leaving? not a chance'" and
"If you're from /r/all and you're confused why this is here, well it's quite frankly because the show's finale sucked donkey balls, and this is what we wanted the show to be like, not some teen romance."

Despite the fact that there wasn't actually any romance in the finale, unless you count Diggle and his wife, and there was no hint that Oliver and Felicity were going to be together at all except as teammates and maybe friends.

Good stuff. There's a reason why I post on GAF not Reddit.

No one most likely. They're just gonna keep complaining while watching the show still and giving the show rating there giving them more Olicity that all the internet hates.

No i am upset because the show writers are bending over to the fanbase instead of making a good watchable show. Every character feels like regressing. How many times Ollie got a pep talk in this episode alone? Laurel´s death was a waste. Also don´t tell me stop watching.

It's the larger fanbase. Why should they cater to the smaller fanbase of people who don't like the couple. Hell they basically told you guy "fuck you" in that one writer interview after Laurels death. Also fine I won't tell you to stop watching and let you continue to watch and be miserable with the show.

Joni

Just remembered: Dahrk's daughter is screwed...

I assume that is why they are on Reddit. But fully agreed, Felicity got what, like 10 lines this episode?

lYufOET.gif

KevinCow

Banned
I hope Diggle and Thea leaving for a bit means that next season starts with some solo Arrow action. Take us back to the first two seasons when Ollie didn't have a million sidekicks and did things mostly on his own. I mean Diggle was technically there back then, but he was mostly just backup, not nearly as hands-on as he is now.

xenist

Haha! You like Felicity!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I think given the villain they wrote, this was pretty much the best finale we could have 'hoped' for, at least Olly killed him and everyone had a nice story beat to end on, except Thea who seemed like she has decided to squat in Laurel's apartment? Is the storyline next season going to be Olly the Mayor trying to get her evicted without breaching her human rights? Because honestly that barely sounds worse than this season.

Joni

I think given the villain they wrote, this was pretty much the best finale we could have 'hoped' for, at least Olly killed him and everyone had a nice story beat to end on, except Thea who seemed like she has decided to squat in Laurel's apartment? Is the storyline next season going to be Olly the Mayor trying to get her evicted without breaching her human rights? Because honestly that barely sounds worse than this season.

They were roommates.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
i meant because the effects were so shitty that it looked like a cloth doll being yanked across a horizontal pulley

Flimsy cocktail dresses is my canon explanation, she wouldn't be weighed down as much. My suspension of disbelief is intact lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can we all agree that we can't all agree and should stop starting our sentences like this?

KonradLaw

A pretty ueventful finale, but overall a decent ender without any real stupidity. It lacked the great emotional beats from S3 finale's, but I overall enjoyed it.

That said I know Arrow loves to take inspiration from Nolan's trilogy, but the ridiculous "let's forget we have guns and just brawl" bit from Dark Knight Rises was the one thing they shouldn't have copied :D

Still, loved how Oliver just straight out murdered the shit out of Darkh. And Mayor Olie is awesome.

But the trimming of the team is too good to last, isn't it? I hope they will at least keep Olie going solo in the field till break next season.

But there's something weird with superhero shows and finales this time. Supergirl, Arrow, Flash and even Daredevil all sucked at finalles. Only LoT suceeded, but even that was far from amazing. In fact the only comicbook shows that had great finales this year were non superhero ones, ie..Lucifer and iZombie (haven't seen Gotham yet)

The finale was boring, but then I suppose that's better than another half-episode of Smoak-drama-time. Still the weakest of the DC finales for me, Gotham being tops and Flash just below it.

I am not returning for the fifth season, feel free to hold me to it.

However, if there does end up being a catch-all DC TV thread for the offseason, I've no intention of tempering my thoughts on what a flailing piece of trash this show has become when the topic presents itself for discussion.

KonradLaw

I think a villain showing up midway through the season would be much better

Nah. Darkh still worked better as a villain than Ra's did.
I think the best way is to show big bad early on, but after a big entrance let him slide into the background and send a mini-boss to occupy the heroes till halfway point.

Dark Archer and Deathstroke appeared halfway through seasons, but they wouldn't work as good if they didn't have earlier build up. We've got to know Merlyn from the start and Slade was there for 1,5 season before he turned evil Deathstroke. This is what elevated them. If they just straight up showed without any groundwork laid first they wouldn't be half as effective.

hamchan

I bailed out at the start of this season but thanks to the internet reaction I now want to binge the whole thing due to morbid curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom