• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Okay that was a damn good episode.

Olicity still bugs me but I'll power through it if every episode is on that level.
Also, Lance is so dead.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oliver beat the Reverse Flash last year. If you want consistent power levels, superhero shows are probably not for you.

PS. StaticJam you got your first place.

I think I'll give it 2 more more episodes. I am so tired of the "I'm here to save this city" and "this is what a hero is" type shit. It's so awkward and cringe worthy. I get it you needed to spout this shit in the first season but you're season god damn 4. Flash and Arrow are honestly written as dumb fan fiction.

Give the show to Starz, HBO, or some other channel that won't dial the cringe up to 1000%. My brother and I are barely see much of the episodes now because of all the eye rolling.

Oliver beat the Reverse Flash last year. If you want consistent power levels, superhero shows are probably not for you.

PS. StaticJam you got your first place.

You don't have to be hyper consistent but a SWAT cop with baraka blades and a net gun isn't something truly difficult to overcome for the man who supposedly defeated the League of Jobbers' head Jobber. It isn't also difficult to make consistent powers as some shows do extremely well IE Darker Than Black. Shit's just awful writing.

I think I'll give it 2 more more episodes. I am so tired of the "I'm here to save this city" and "this is what a hero is" type shit. It's so awkward and cringe worthy. I get it you needed to spout this shit in the first season but you're season god damn 4. Flash and Arrow are honestly written as dumb fan fiction.

Give the show to Starz, HBO, or some other channel that won't dial the cringe up to 1000%. My brother and I are barely see much of the episodes now because of all the eye rolling.

Sounds like a show on CW really isn't for you.

And I mean, "saving their city" is pretty much what every comic book show says. It's pretty much the main theme on Gotham as well. And Shield is more "save this planet," but still the same concept.

Sounds like a show on CW really isn't for you.

And I mean, "saving their city" is pretty much what every comic book show says. It's pretty much the main theme on Gotham as well. And Shield is more "save this planet," but still the same concept.

Still doesn't make it good or acceptable, it's still bad. If you have to regurgitate the same phrase said differently nearly every episode then there's writing problems.

Luigi87

I liked this episode. Oliver and Lance's talk when Ollie was pissed especially.

Also, I realized that I've missed the "You have failed this city" schitck, lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
I loved using the intro speech as the Mayoral speech. And I always love me some "you have failed this city", although it was pretty weak delivery.

I can forgive Ollie losing to super cop .
Now matter how bad ass you are a surprise attack can get you .
It's one of the rules of fiction that gets use often to gimp people lol .
Side note king shark also did it to flash this week .

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Oliver: "Stop hiding behind your daughters! Laurel can take care of herself."

Oliver pls. We both know it's the files that saves her...wait no it's the other way around.

Seriously? This is the take they went with?

22560250565_25050e2588_o.gif

I don't see the problem. I can watch this over and over and over...

Skux

Great episode for Lance and definitely the best episode this season. You could really tell Lance was going through a lot of shit. His scene with Oliver in Lance's apartment was fantastic.

Also nice to see that Arrow can still carry itself without a wacky metahuman villain showing up. When it's stripped down and just about people and their motivations and their interpretation of "saving this city", it's bloody compelling.

And the password is 'password'? Mr T said he did a brute force pass already, 'password' would be the first thing on the damn list next to 'qwerty'.

The new lair is awesome as well. So big! I love when superheroes get upgrades to their gear, like Oliver getting the mask and new suit, and now a new lair. It gives a sense of RPG-like progression, like all that 'leveling up' that people were talking about before.

ZeroX03

Banned
And the password is 'password'? Mr T said he did a brute force pass already, 'password' would be the first thing on the damn list next to 'qwerty'.

The new lair is awesome as well. So big! I love when superheroes get upgrades to their gear, like Oliver getting the mask and new suit, and now a new lair. It gives a sense of RPG-like progression, like all that 'leveling up' that people were talking about before.

The Quiver is great. And password was a reference to last season when Felicity withheld a password from Ray.

Holy shit, a good episode of arrow. It's been so long since I could actually say that. Like I enjoyed sitting through it all.

This is what happens when you drop the in-fighting and lame ass secrets, have some decent dramatic conflict and also step up the fight scenes. Add some cheese in there for good measure like laurel getting choked by frankensara.

seriously it was mad refreshing how oliver found out about dahrk and got over it, and how quentin already knows about sara so soon. i hope to god this episode isn't an outlier this season. good to see lexi alexander's name on the credits too, hopefully she gets to direct another movie some day.

bring on constantine da gawd.

ryan299

They need to find Ray already, I'm over this storyline. Felicity is suppose to be this tech genius yet she can't see the signs in front of her.

Meh, not impressed with tonight's episode at all. The scene between Lance and Ollie, though. Wow, just wow! That was definitely the highlight of the show. And Laurel getting tazed - yeah, not so subtle closing of the mouth at the end. LOL.

What a great episode. That scene between Ollie and Lance was goddamn powerful. Some of the best work those two have done on this show.

Laurel continues to be delusional and insane. Like, Jesus Christ.

Mayoral speech was good. I like this plotline. He's a shoo-in for victory as he's the only person running. See, this is the kinda shit Bruce Wayne should do.

The flashbacks are eh, but I'm sure it's leading to a bloody confrontation in Mother Russia.

Lady Cop (Rutina Wesley guest-starring threw me for a loop) was cool. Hope she comes back.

Man, even Dahrk didn't seem screen-chewy this ep. Was a really good one.

BRING ON JOHN NEXT WEEK.

It would be cool if Legends of Tomorrow season 2 is magic focused with Constantine forming a team.

YES! I want Constantine to either star in that, or lead his own 'Justice Dark' show that's part of the Arrowverse.

Best episode of the season so far, that scene with Oliver and Lance was great. I laughed at Felicity getting a taste of what it's like from the other side. The scene with the Lance family in what looked like a basement or boiler room transition to a nice hallway that looked like his apartment building was weird, I was busy focusing on it that I didn't pay attention to the taser thing.

LOL Lady Cop! And LOL they changed Diggle's Magneto helmet to a mask? LOLLOLOLOL!

Is that Key from Key & Peele

Heh, I thought the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom