• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

What Arrow will teach us: resurrecting your sister and chaining up her soulless body in the basement is a good thing, because it will work out in the end.

But I liked Lance in this episode, both funny ("just kidding") and emotional (trying to execute Sara, talking to Lisa). I really hope he doesn't die, that would dropping the most interesting characters.

Also wait, Thea recruited some of her facebook followers as interns? I guess his campaign will ride on legalization.

Dryk

seriously it was mad refreshing how oliver found out about dahrk and got over it, and how quentin already knows about sara so soon
I like it in TV shows where someone lays out that they're been strongarmed into doing shady things and everyone is understanding (if disappointed).

Chariot

I like it in TV shows where someone lays out that they're been strongarmed into doing shady things and everyone is understanding (if disappointed).
That's why I hate when giant tensions appear in tv shows - more often than not they just chicked out of it very weirdly. Just aim low if you're going to be small anyways.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Up to Ep2.

I'm SHOCKED by how good this is. They greatly improved the action, Thea is -crazy ass- bae, I no longer want to smash Laurel's face and the Diggster got even bigger. Also, Felicity remains hot as always. And bringing Neal McDonough as the main villain was a brilliant decision. That man oozes charisma. I want to see him lost his shit like he did in Justified.

My girlfriend (who could be right along with the rest of the maniacs in this thread) was pretty eh on the previous season but she's also loving it. I'm so glad Arrow night is a thing at Papa's house once again.

I'm ready for ep 3 and 4 now.

PS: Did anybody else notice that Emily Bett Rickards got BUFF AS FUCK during the break? It looks like she hit the gym pretty hard last season, but now she can't even hide dat ass when she's sitting on a chair. Her arms/shoulders also got pretty damn big, and she's been definitely trashing those calf sets.

ZeroX03

Banned
Up to Ep2.

I'm SHOCKED by how good this is. They greatly improved the action, Thea is -crazy ass- bae, I no longer want to smash Laurel's face and the Diggster got even bigger. Also, Felicity remains hot as always. And bringing Neal McDonough as the main villain was a brilliant decision. That man oozes charisma. I want to see him lost his shit like he did in Justified.

My girlfriend (who could be right along with the rest of the maniacs in this thread) was pretty eh on the previous season but she's also loving it. I'm so glad Arrow night is a thing at Papa's house once again.

I'm ready for ep 3 and 4 now.

PS: Did anybody else notice that Emily Bett Rickards got BUFF AS FUCK during the break? It looks like she hit the gym pretty hard last season, but now she can't even hide dat ass when she's sitting on a chair. Her arms/shoulders also got pretty damn big, and she's been definitely trashing those calf sets.

Laurel takes a down swing in the next two episodes, but everything else stays great.

And all the Arrowverse women have personal trainers, I think they mostly see the same guy. They need to stay fit to fight evil by moonlight.

jFfYIfJ.jpg

Pics_nao

Damn this was a good episode. The Oliver/Lance scene was so fucking good. Character interactions were on fucking point last night.

Yager

Banned
No King Shark and no Constantine. Dissapointed.

Really good episode. Maybe Chesthair stops being a prick from now on.

BBboy20

Seriously? This is the take they went with?

22560250565_25050e2588_o.gif
And apparently this episode had the Lexi hype.

And all the Arrowverse women have personal trainers, I think they mostly see the same guy. They need to stay fit to fight evil by moonlight.
wlqc2a_zpsbc28154d.gif

Really good episode. Maybe Chesthair stops being a prick from now on.
He had to at the time.

So yeah, Matt Ryan and David Hayter in the Arrowverse. Jesus.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Oliver beat the Reverse Flash last year. If you want consistent power levels, superhero shows are probably not for you.

PS. StaticJam you got your first place.

Pretty much. Like seriously, some random cops are as good as a dude who has trained for 5 years to be the Arrow, has had several years fighting as the Arrow where he beat Malcolm Merlyn, Slade Wilson, The Flash, and subdued the Reverse Flash, a man who later became a member of the League of Assassins and received further personal training from Ra's Al Ghul and then beat said Ra's; that man gets surprised stabbed by a regular SWAT type cop.

Right...

You can't expect consistency in these types of shows otherwise every Flash episode would be over in a minute.

In their defense, Baraka Cop was trained to deal with vigilantes, she got the drop on Ollie, and Ollie fucking sucks and is losing to everyone this season

Felicity's omelets have been POISONING HIM

LakeEarth

Even in the third season, I thought it was ridiculous when they had a scene of her 'barely' doing 5 situps. No one can have that body and also be out of shape.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Also I just want to say that I've always hated the Cinematography on Arrow, I feel like Flash has found this style that really works and takes advantage of the sunny/daytime theme that Central City has going for it. I've never felt like Arrow appropriately uses it's night time theme along with it's general mediocre TV style of shooting and framing.

Step your game up CW.

Pretty much. Like seriously, some random cops are as good as a dude who has trained for 5 years to be the Arrow, has had several years fighting as the Arrow where he beat Malcolm Merlyn, Slade Wilson, The Flash, and subdued the Reverse Flash, a man who later became a member of the League of Assassins and received further personal training from Ra's Al Ghul and then beat said Ra's; that man gets surprised stabbed by a regular SWAT type cop.

Right...

You can't expect consistency in these types of shows otherwise every Flash episode would be over in a minute.

Honestly its hard to get consistency in any medium.
Flash's speed should be measurable but other stuff it just doesn't work, especially with crossovers.

Ollie taking Reverse Flash on reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYdaAnqk-8 from Justice League.
Batman one shots freaking Sinestro with a batarang.

JDSN

Banned
Also I just want to say that I've always hated the Cinematography on Arrow, I feel like Flash has found this style that really works and takes advantage of the sunny/daytime theme that Central City has going for it. I've never felt like Arrow appropriately uses it's night time theme along with it's general mediocre TV style of shooting and framing.

Step your game up CW.
Yep, theres no buildings anymore on Arrow, people fight in that warehouse, that one alley, that long road and thats it, the interiors are always this boring buildings with blue tones on the wall like a cheap motel trying to be classy.

foxtrot3d

Banned
God I am still laughing about Thea buying 80 KILOS of coke for her party because "you know how I roll"

Let's also not forget that her local drug dealer some how has the access to make arrangements for the shipment of KILOS of coke and is able to set it all up in a few hours. Anybody else miss the time when Diggle just went in and bout an ounce of whatever local drug it was because he was black? It made sense and allowed for some perfect comedy "person of color has successfully purchased your drugs."

You see that right there, that is comedy not Felicity shenanigan #205.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Yep, theres no buildings anymore on Arrow, people fight in that warehouse, that one alley, that long road and thats it, the interiors are always this boring buildings with blue tones on the wall like a cheap motel trying to be classy.

It makes me wonder where the budget for the show is going, did the actors suddenly take up a major chunk of the budget?

Because NBC sent it out to die and it got bad ratings.

Doesn't that describe everything on NBC at this point?

The AV Club was a lot more fond of tonight's Arrow than last night's Flash (A-).

Not surprising. Arrow was legit good. Flash was mediocre propped up by a great gimmick moment, which they quickly ruined.

It makes me wonder where the budget for the show is going, did the actors suddenly take up a major chunk of the budget?

It's the CW. Everything except the actors pay gets slashed each season. By the time they reach season 5 they'll be reduced to rummaging through couch cushions and pan handling for their budget.

Let's also not forget that her local drug dealer some how has the access to make arrangements for the shipment of KILOS of coke and is able to set it all up in a few hours. Anybody else miss the time when Diggle just went in and bout an ounce of whatever local drug it was because he was black? It made sense and allowed for some perfect comedy "person of color has successfully purchased your drugs."

You see that right there, that is comedy not Felicity shenanigan #205.

They missed a golden opportunity to have the cops legit trying to kill Diggle while they treat the crazy ass white people with kid gloves.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just got around to watching this episode. Some quick thoughts

- Rutina Wesley played Lady Cop in this episode, Tara from True Blood and more recently, Reba in Hannibal. Super strang timing because Flash had a guy from S1 of Hannibal last night. She was the best actress on True Blood, so it's good to see her again.

- New lair, cool to see. Although it was weird to have them talk about biometric security for their costume chambers...you're just protecting your leather fetishes not the Iron Man suit.

- So Thea was buying 80 kilos of coke back in the day? Lol wow

- Captain Lance stretching those acting chops. He had several great scenes here

Pretty good episode. Can't wait for next week

Luigi87

I think people are forgetting that he's met Barry a couple of times including the first time Oliver and Co. met him when he was working on the Mirikuru case.
Oh jeez you're right. I completely forgot about season 2... which considering that's where Barry's Flash origin appeared, I feel bad about forgetting @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom