• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Who's to say it was even a taser?

Looked like a neural-network-destabilizer to me. Standard issue for the Vigilante task force.

Yep.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Constantine would probably do alright on The CW, I'm surprised they didn't want it. I mean...Constantine's ratings couldn't get any lower, could they?

You guys weren't missing anything. Matt Ryan is definitely the highlight of the show, but as a whole it wasn't anymore sophisticated than something like Grimm.

Really looking forward to seeing him next week. His sense of humor is going to balance out the show well. They say it's a one and done thing, but I bet the fan response will be good and make them rethink that.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the moment Constantine couldn't smoke for 'network reasons' was the moment I knew the series was going to fail.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
the moment Constantine couldn't smoke for 'network reasons' was the moment I knew the series was going to fail.

The weird thing is, at first they sorta did clever things to imply he was smoking. Like a scene would start right as he was putting out a cigarette, but I could have sworn that later episodes just had him outright smoking. I might be misremembering that though.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The weird thing is, at first they sorta did clever things to imply he was smoking. Like a scene would start right as he was putting out a cigarette, but I could have sworn that later episodes just had him outright smoking. I might be misremembering that though.

No, he'd let out a puff once or twice. They made the best of the situation as they could. I didn't really miss it.

Also, showing him physically smoke is the least of a shows problem.

Magwik

Banned
Constantine would probably do alright on The CW, I'm surprised they didn't want it. I mean...Constantine's ratings couldn't get any lower, could they?

You guys weren't missing anything. Matt Ryan is definitely the highlight of the show, but as a whole it wasn't anymore sophisticated than something like Grimm.

Really looking forward to seeing him next week. His sense of humor is going to balance out the show well. They say it's a one and done thing, but I bet the fan response will be good and make them rethink that.
Constantine is too samey to Supernatrual, they don't want to compete with themselves

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
No, he'd let out a puff once or twice. They made the best of the situation as they could. I didn't really miss it.

Also, showing him physically smoke is the least of a shows problem.

Not smoking is not the show's problem literally, but it shows (no pun intended seriously!) that it was going for a tone that's not right for Hellblazer. If they can't show a guy smoking, how was I going to believe they were going to show all the other crazy stuff Hellblazer is known for?

Platy

Constantine was awesome !

It had it's problems but was better than any other show like it that was airing at the same time, like hemlock groove or even Supernatural

Lots of awesome moments in the episodes and they only got better as the series progressed. They even made some direct adaptations of hellblazer ! =D

Also, for anyone watching, stop watching the last episode as soon as the mystery is concluded or else you will hate that the series is canceled =(

I wouldn't mind if we had gotten to see Zed again too.

snHwp9B.gif

Joni

It was a fine set-up episode, but wasn't the Lexi Alexander episode? Expected more than a generic middle-ground episode.

They already had trouble just to get him for an episode. It is contract stuff, it wouldn't have been easy despite the cancellation.

ZeroX03

Banned
Constantine is not a great show. You watch it for Matt Ryan's spot on performance. It'll be interesting to see him bring the character to a show that can actually be good with a proper supporting cast.

I'm gonna be mad if he kills it and they never let him come back.

- Rutina Wesley played Lady Cop in this episode, Tara from True Blood and more recently, Reba in Hannibal. Super strang timing because Flash had a guy from S1 of Hannibal last night. She was the best actress on True Blood, so it's good to see her again.

She was easily one of the worst, but even if you do think she's decent there were veteran actors like Chris Meloni and Denis O'Hare in the main cast.

She was easily one of the worst, but even if you do think she's decent there were veteran actors like Chris Meloni and Denis O'Hare in the main cast.
Ehhh, she had her moments, especially in the earlier seasons. What ruined Tera was less than acting and more the writing. Her character went no where and when they tried to make her character interesting they ended up ruining her instead.

Overall she was pretty average as far as acting goes on the show. Most everyone was pretty stiff, one note, and dull.

I'm with you though, Denis O'Hare was incredible. He wasn't in the show enough.

CloudWolf

That scene of Laurel being tazed looked like it belonged in Birdemic, lol.

The scene with Oliver and Lance was easily the best acted scene of the show thus far though.

Kyoufu

Can I just point out how lame S4's intro is? It doesn't get me hyped like previous intros did. This intro sounds like it was meant for someone else. Meant for...something, else.

Can I just point out how lame S4's intro is? It doesn't get me hyped like previous intros did. This intro sounds like it was meant for someone else. Meant for...something, else.
Meant for...the GREEN ARROW. Previously, on Arrow...

Yeah, the intro blows. Flash and Supergirl have weak intros, too. Must be a Berlanti thing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
4x7 summary:

ARROW 4.07 “Brotherhood” (November 18): Team Green Arrow’s ongoing battle with Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) is complicated by a shocking revelation. Thea’s (Willa Holland) bloodlust returns and she loses control in front of Alex (guest star Parker Young).

ZeroX03

Banned
4x7 summary:

ARROW 4.07 “Brotherhood” (November 18): Team Green Arrow’s ongoing battle with Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) is complicated by a shocking revelation. Thea’s (Willa Holland) bloodlust returns and she loses control in front of Alex (guest star Parker Young).

Was just about to post that up. Seems like a pretty plain synopsis. No gorillas or sharks or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom