• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Mamma Smoak slapped that Olicity drama right outta Felicity. Oliver needs to call her anytime Felicty starts up about loosing herself. What the heck was that about?? Ugh. She was the one all happy about burning omelettes or whatever.

Aside from that not a bad episode. Also, Sara was shooting goons left and right, Ra's forbid she snaps one of their necks.

Thank you Arrow writers for not turning the Ollie/Felicity drama into some multi episode arc of drawn out tedium. It's much more satisfying to see them working together.

jb1234

Definitely not Arrow's finest hour. It was either dedicated to setting up Legends of Tomorrow (still) or dealing with completely manufactured Olicity drama presumably because they needed something to fill the rest of the hour. I don't have a problem with Olicity as a concept but some of the dialogue here ("I'm losing myself in you") came from the realm of bad romance novels. At least we can be thankful they didn't stretch the angst out.

(And Blake Neely's melodramatic music did not help many of these scenes.)

Skux

People complain about episodes feeling like Legends of Tomorrow set ups and then they're super short in this episode and people complain they're too rushed?

Mamma Smoak was better this time but still reads like a convenient sounding board for Felicity's problems (with Oliver). She's never had any character of her own, unless this Lance/Smoak thing actually goes somewhere.

Apart from that, not a spectacular episode but not a terrible one either. Dig and Ollie drinking whisky was the real winner on the day.

Mamma Smoak was better this time but still reads like a convenient sounding board for Felicity's problems (with Oliver). She's never had any character of her own, unless this Lance/Smoak thing actually goes somewhere.

Mama Smoak's going to be the one in the grave. It's a way to get at Felicity and Lance at the same time.

Dalek

People complained last year when every episode was dark, dour, depressing and serious. Now they complain when the show is being lighthearted for a change.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I actually liked the quiet character moments in this episode. It isn't something Arrow is usually good at, but it felt a little more real here. Diggle and Oliver have had sit downs before, but them just going over relationships was one of the better exchanges they've had in awhile.

The banter overall between characters was a step up from the usual. Have to say, I'm really liking the new direction of the show. And Oliver just being chill about things is a nice change.

Spartan is a great name. Now just fix that damn helmet.

Just say Cisco sent over something new. They do that for everything else already.

This Olicity drama is baaaaad but I love light Oliver. He's a great breath of fresh air.

what?! this episode is literally the first time ever that Olicity actually works. There was chemistry there finally and both the drama and the good moments were this time not so awful. dare i say the drama between them was actually tolerable...

Best episode of the season. I love dark and gritty stuff but Arrow fumbled so bad with that direction in season 3 tbh, this light-hearted episode was great. Ray is a huge asset to the series forreal and also it's so good to have no in-fighting between the team. More like this please...

what?! this episode is literally the first time ever that Olicity actually works. There was chemistry there finally and both the drama and the good moments were this time not so awful. dare i say the drama between them was actually tolerable...

Best episode of the season. I love dark and gritty stuff but Arrow fumbled so bad with that direction in season 3 tbh, this light-hearted episode was great. Ray is a huge asset to the series forreal and also it's so good to have no in-fighting between the team. More like this please...

The drama was even funny in some ways .
Felicity going all crazy and oliver being so chill was fun to see .

yep he is a much better character compare to before .

That's true, I spoke before the episode was over. Ollicity is now okay.

I was surprised that they didn't have Oliver resolve his fight with Felicity by pointing out that obsessing over the mission to the point of alienating those around you is awfully familiar for some reason but then I remembered what show I was watching and they can't wrap up drama in a single scene. So Ollie just walked out with a frown on his face and waited for the plot to give Felicity's mother a function.

I liked Felicity behavior towards Oliver. It showed, for once, a complexity of her person. I liked her mom too. I am also glad that Sarah is not totally ok after her resurrection. Oh yeah Darhk>>>>Slade.

raphier

Banned
I feel like this season is going worse than season 3. There is no clear direction, things just happen and the villain is boring. Every episode so far has been a poor build up to Legends of Tomorrow.

Atleast in the first half of Season 3 we had The Magician, The Climb, Arsenal and non of the Olicity fanfare and Arrow actually doing some shit.

People complain about episodes feeling like Legends of Tomorrow set ups and then they're super short in this episode and people complain they're too rushed?

They handle it terribly, like it constantly clashes with Arrow's own themes. It's spread too thin.

Episode was okay, but I miss the days when Oliver was rolling around town alone. They have to many things going on at once and it doesn't allow things to breathe.

Klyka

Banned
Am I the only one who thought that the conversations and banter this episode were really good?
As in,very well acted, very natural?

DeathyBoy

Banned
I feel like this season is going worse than season 3. There is no clear direction, things just happen and the villain is boring. Every episode so far has been a poor build up to Legends of Tomorrow.

Atleast in the first half of Season 3 we had The Magician, The Climb, Arsenal and non of the Olicity fanfare and Arrow actually doing some shit.

They handle it terribly, like it constantly clashes with Arrow's own themes. It's spread too thin.

Yeah. I mean Dahk and Oliver as Mayor/who died in the flashforward... that's all poor LOT build-up.

Bluth54

To be fair before the last episode of Flash pretty much the entire season of Flash was kinda boring build up to Legends of Tomorrow and Flash actually got really good last episode when they didn't have to do Legends of Tomorrow build up, hopefully Arrow will also get better now that most of the Legends of Tomorrow stuff is out of the way besides Ray.

strafer

How could they possibly sleep with a window that big. People can see in. You can't walk around naked.

It does look nice though, but I would freak out.

714awM2.png

I am really liking this season even with it faults .
Maybe even more than other seasons in some way .(much more than season 3 for certain)
Ollie is a much better character now .
I don't have to see him being a hypocrite and talking loads of BS.

How could they possibly sleep with a window that big. People can see in. You can't walk around naked.

714awM2.png

You can always use glass that people can't see thru on the next side.

So Diggle's codename is Spartan and his first name is John... John Spartan... Diggle is the Demolition Man!

Yeah... Kind of an "ehhh" episode. Even without the eye rolling Olicity drama (thanks CW) aside, shit just feels rushed to get the LoT stuff out of the way.

I hate that they use Kord Industries but will likely never actually see Ted Kord.

I liked the episode, but comparing it to the Flash, I feel either the writers do something wrong or maybe something is missing. Maybe Green Arrow should be going to missions alone or with 2 persons max. Also, maybe the setup for Legends for Tomorrow feels too much for the show.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

714awM2.png

Maybe they're into that kind of thing. I know I have done it in a hotel on AT LEAST one occasion.

Ugh, really annoyed by the olicity drama. Glad it was quickly resolved and hopefully they don't bring it up again.

Now that they've gotten Sara out of the way, hopefully they can focus on taking Dark down.

Mama Smoak and Quentin...what? Haha

Was a pretty bad episode. "I'm losing myself in you." SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. Sounds like a dumb reason to break up.

Oliver is only likable when he's not super series Christian Bale.

Action is still devolving into a mass of air fist strikes.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Am I the only one who thought that the conversations and banter this episode were really good?
As in,very well acted, very natural?

Something definitely changed. I noticed it throughout the whole episode. I hope it stays this way. This was one of my favorite episodes of Arrow, from a dialogue standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom